S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.
View Poll Results: Do you think this article belongs on the front page?
I agree - I don't see a problem.
14.98%
I disagree - This doesn't belong on the front page
48.79%
I don't care - I think you're overreacting.
36.23%
Voters: 207. You may not vote on this poll

"S2k is better then the Evo" - Is this Necessary?

Old 03-13-2006, 11:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i respect both cars for what they are and would own both if i could afford it, but to compare the two is ridiculous, two different animals. and to be quite frank, i am rather embarrassed by that article, because in a way it does represent all of us here on S2ki. well whatever.. i think all this comparing is retarded.. i like them both equally, one just isnt a Honda.. thats all.
Old 03-13-2006, 11:42 PM

It's interesting how Drew's article attracts so much attention. Some positive, some negative, some uninformed, some mature, afterall the article itself served its purpose, to attract readers.

This is nothing comparing to the Mini Cooper vs. STi "war" started by the Mini guys 2 years ago. Both parties ended up settling their duel at Willowspring Speedway. So Evo against S2000 is a fairly fair match IMHO.

Calling STi/EVO a souped up Corolla... well, I'd get pissed, too, cause look closely, the 04-05 STis do look like a freaking Corolla. EVO? Look like a Pontiac Sunfire! However, turbo charged forced induction cars have higher modifing potentials, not to mention, cheaper, too. Different strokes for diffferent folks.

I've 5 yrs of experience driving various kind of AWD modified/NA/turbo cars, and I was sold and got myself a S2000. Reason? The most important of all, this car's limit and potential are somewhat higher than most expected. I'd say if modified right, S2000 is indeed a faster car comparing to many cars out there. By checking times/lap records at Speedventures' site, you can tell how fast the S2000s are. Seriously, go check the laptimes.

www.speedventures.com
Old 03-14-2006, 01:43 AM

Originally Posted by slimjim8201,Mar 13 2006, 08:07 PM
I really don't see the point in comparing these two cars. Just because both cars were in the same price range when we were all car shopping doesn't mean we can compare them back to back. They are too different. Whichever car suits your needs or wants better will be your choice. This, I have no problem with. In fact, I would expect that more people would choose the EVO over an S2K for a number of obvious reasons.

You can post here all you like. You can bash the S2K all you like. I can't blame you for wanting to defend your car after the entire S2K community just threw a stone in your general direction. (Thanks Drew ) But you know that it won't gain you anything and you'll just sound like an asshole. Just keep it clean and realize that not everyone is bashing the EVO.
I didn't read the rest of this post past this post because this post covers it all. Different strokes for different folks. The evo is far superior in performance, but there are huge differences between the cars.

My problem is that original author of the front page write up tries to compare the two performance wise, which isn't a good idea IMO. The Evo pretty much spanks the s2000 in all facets of performance.
Old 03-14-2006, 01:55 AM

I enjoyed the front page article I also have an EVO9 I enjoy as well
Old 03-14-2006, 02:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi evo guys. One of my best friends owns a highly modded 2003 Evo VIII. While he was stock, I pulled him 20+ times (with about 2 cars or more each time) from 60-120 highway rolls. I even pulled him a couple of times from a dig (bad launch, w/e). I have a stock s2000. Of course your EVOs are a lot easier to mod. Any factory turbo car is. While I respect the EVO for what it is, it can in no way compare to an s2000. There is simply no way to explain the difference until you guys actually drive one for yourselves. (and no I don't mean drive it for 20 minutes, this car takes hard work to learn how to drive correctly). Your EVOs are fast, yes. They are practical, yes. But they are not fun. Not reliable, and not good looking. They are ricer cars. I love EVO's but lets just say it like it is. Don't think you're so fast either. There are 2 s2000's that have recently gone mid 10's in the 1/4 mile and at least 20 in the 11's. What we have is a frail car that was designed for fun top down driving. If we wanted EVO's, we all could have bought EVO's, if you guys wanted S2000's, you all could have bought S2000's. We each drive the cars that we chose. That doesn't mean that we can't respect each other's cars for what they are. Face it, the only reason your EVOs are faster than our s2000's from a dig is because of AWD. We trap the same, handle better, look better, and when I take off my top, none of those things seem to matter anymore. You wanted 4 doors, 4 seats, and a shitty shifter, you got em! I wanted 2 seats, a convertible, 120 hp/litre engine, 9k redline, best transmission in the world, awesome handling, awesome looks, and just plain SEX from my car, I got it. Let's just leave it at that
Old 03-14-2006, 02:52 AM

Originally Posted by YellowS2kPwr,Mar 14 2006, 03:13 AM
Hi evo guys. One of my best friends owns a highly modded 2003 Evo VIII. While he was stock, I pulled him 20+ times (with about 2 cars or more each time) from 60-120 highway rolls. I even pulled him a couple of times from a dig (bad launch, w/e). I have a stock s2000. Of course your EVOs are a lot easier to mod. Any factory turbo car is. While I respect the EVO for what it is, it can in no way compare to an s2000. There is simply no way to explain the difference until you guys actually drive one for yourselves. (and no I don't mean drive it for 20 minutes, this car takes hard work to learn how to drive correctly). Your EVOs are fast, yes. They are practical, yes. But they are not fun. Not reliable, and not good looking. They are ricer cars. I love EVO's but lets just say it like it is. Don't think you're so fast either. There are 2 s2000's that have recently gone mid 10's in the 1/4 mile and at least 20 in the 11's. What we have is a frail car that was designed for fun top down driving. If we wanted EVO's, we all could have bought EVO's, if you guys wanted S2000's, you all could have bought S2000's. We each drive the cars that we chose. That doesn't mean that we can't respect each other's cars for what they are. Face it, the only reason your EVOs are faster than our s2000's from a dig is because of AWD. We trap the same, handle better, look better, and when I take off my top, none of those things seem to matter anymore. You wanted 4 doors, 4 seats, and a shitty shifter, you got em! I wanted 2 seats, a convertible, 120 hp/litre engine, 9k redline, best transmission in the world, awesome handling, awesome looks, and just plain SEX from my car, I got it. Let's just leave it at that
This guy's good...
WOW, ppl actually get offended when their cars are bashed via the INTERNET.
If you're offended by some guy's article about your cars or anything that you purchased..you OBVIOUSLY have small NUTS!
Old 03-14-2006, 03:18 AM
Former Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by hpark,Mar 14 2006, 03:32 AM
Honestly, it's really a matter of preference.
That's all there is to it.

I had no idea so many people read the front page of S2Ki - in the future, Drew, please post questions like this in Site Info so you'll get a response from the people who actually control the front page.
Old 03-14-2006, 03:49 AM

Who does control the front page? Is anyone going to stand up and move it to "S2000 Talk" where it belongs?
Old 03-14-2006, 03:54 AM
Former Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by slimjim8201,Mar 14 2006, 08:49 AM
Who does control the front page? Is anyone going to stand up and move it to "S2000 Talk" where it belongs?
cthree controls the front page, but doesn't write all the articles. If you have beef with anything on S2Ki I suggest you take it to Site Info - S2000 Talk is not the place.

And I'm not sure that you know what the S2Ki front/home page is because it can't be moved and certainly does not go inside a forum.

Go to www.s2ki.com or click on "Home" at the top of this screen.
Old 03-14-2006, 04:13 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by KERO,Mar 14 2006, 03:52 AM
This guy's good...
WOW, ppl actually get offended when their cars are bashed via the INTERNET.
If you're offended by some guy's article about your cars or anything that you purchased..you OBVIOUSLY have small NUTS!
I'm not offended. I was just stating my opinion and I was trying to say that we shouldn't offend each other. Maybe I didn't say it right, I haven't had any sleep.

Quick Reply: "S2k is better then the Evo" - Is this Necessary?