S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

S2200 now a reality!!

Old 05-17-2003, 11:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by JL9000
[B]

What I mean is, no an extra 200cc will NOT make the car faster. Most likely it will make Honda engineers lower the redline, and the result will be roughly the same hp output at a lower rpm. The increase in torque should not be significant either. My point was that why are people hyped for this possible increase in displacement? It's like this is the deciding factor for them, which it definately shouldn't be if they truly understand the meaning of the S2000. I'm sorry I wasn't clear, but Barry and Blair are having different say in this, so I was just talking about the people excited about the possible marketing strategy change, OOPs, I meant displacement change.
Old 05-17-2003, 12:01 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

and the only bad thing about the s2k is it has no torque at all...if the new one has a lot more torque....that'll kick
If it has no torque at all then how does it get moving?

as my first post, I hope this is helpful!
Old 05-17-2003, 12:12 PM
Former Moderator

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally posted by JRSC_Si
Did you hear that??? I think it was my resale value plummeting so fast it created a vacuum. The S2200 needs to be a tintop only else our cars will be as desireable as the 1.6 Miatas.
Good post!

Just so happens that the 1.6 Miatas are quite desireable for the somewhat more free ing motor, the available cheap turbo as well as for the Spec Miata racing series...

Old 05-17-2003, 12:34 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Daveg27
[B]We're all assuming Honda will go with a larger bore instead of a stroke here. If this does indeed happen I'd bet on a longer stroke instead of a larger bore. But I'm just guessing of course.
Old 05-17-2003, 12:38 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by SJSHARKS
[B]

Do you really believe that Honda could even sell a single S2200, probably for a few thousand more,
Old 05-17-2003, 12:52 PM

Still looking for hard evidence, without it this has just as much legitamacy as that S2000R article

Blair, would you care to scan in this color chart and announcment? The skepticism is justified because dealers in general know nothing about whats coming out until they get it. I am reminded of the time I asked an Acura dealer if they had a waiting list going for the first new RSXs (a few months before they came out), the GENERAL MANAGER looked at me with a very confused look and asked if I meant the NSX because he had never heard anything about an RSX

-J
Old 05-17-2003, 12:53 PM
Former Moderator

Originally posted by JL9000

In fact they can. If you paid attention to old threads such as this one, you see all these guys excited about getting the new car with the supposed new motor. Most of which do not own the S2000, and are quite magazine racers. Have you not noticed the amount of people saying things such as:
"It's got horsepower but torque."
"It's still a 2.0L."

So... if Honda's marketing department does shut up the engineers and bore out or stroke the current engine, the new torque figure will those people say "Finally" and get the new cars even if there are no real performance gains, believe it or not.
Sadly,

Auto sales in this day and age is all about bench or armchair racing. Who can quote the highest performance numbers. Who's got the most cylinders. What's your 0-60 or 1/4 mile time in the latest Road & Track?

If more people had underpowered cars that forced them to become better drivers I think public roads would be a far less annoying place to be...
Old 05-17-2003, 01:08 PM

Well well well... all of a sudden power is an issue? When I was arguing with you guys about the S2000 needing more power I felt like I was Neo fighting all of those Mr. Smiths in the Matrix Reloaded. And now everyone is happy to hear the news? WTF???

I'm just glad that you guys are finally seeing the light.

If it is a convertible, I may think about getting one if the stying improves enough to make me feel like my current car is inadequate. If it's just a "Nissan touch up" then I won't bother. As far as power goes, the small increase alone won't be enough to make me wanna trade in my current baby. I'd be too much in the hole. I've already paid off 1.5 years. Only 3.5 years to go.
Old 05-17-2003, 01:11 PM
Former Moderator

Like I said...it's all about magazine racing...
Old 05-17-2003, 01:16 PM

After thinking about it for a while.... I take back my last post. I want one too. It's just the principle of the matter. I hope that I won't be too upside down when the used ones start selling. I don't believe in buying new.

Quick Reply: S2200 now a reality!!