S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

S2000 vs . Expedition

Old 11-23-2005, 06:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Notfullflip,Nov 22 2005, 12:08 PM
I have to agree with hahnn002. I don't think anyone's character should be questioned - alot of the comments were made to make light of a lame situation. Anyways, the guy's dad actually called me last night and said everything and everyone is fine. I will have to repair my bumper but I can cope with that. Thanks again for all your comments. If anyone see's a black S2K lowered on bronze 18in TE 37's in Orange County/LA County, give a wave and know I'm the buffoon who started this post.
Glad to hear things worked out. I was more worried about the possibility of the Expedition being in a previous accident. Then it could have really had frame damage. I swear some people are absolute crooks when dollar signs start flashing in front of them.
Old 11-23-2005, 06:29 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is possible that "some" damage was done to the "gentlemans" truck. But not anythiing significant. My wife3 and I have been rear ended twice. thankfully we were in oyur CR-V and not the S. Damages can happen in a number of ways and are not necessarily corrolated to the speed or amount of force.

For example - our CR-V was stopped at a traffic light behind a beatup Chevy. A 16 year old girl driving a Toyota was waving to friends on th side walk and drove into the back of our CR-V, and pushed it into the Chevy. Listed below the results.

Toyota - $4,000

Chevy Totaled (Estimate of $2,000)

Honda CR-V - $134.00 for a new Tire Cover

The second time our CR-V was hit and we had to replace the exhaust pipe between the muffler and the Catalytic Converter. the other car - $3,300 damage.

Sometimes damages can be very expensive for very little - som times not.

As for the "other" guy, if he was serious, he would call his insurance company. Their attorneys would see to it that every dollar that could be fairly extracted from your hide was - my guess is the guy is troll looking for a sucker to pay him off. And I would call my insurance company to handle ALL transactions with this guy. Thats what you pay them for, and your insurance will not go up unless they pay him alot or it is a "chargable" accident. Since no police - no charge, so my guess is you off the hook. Get your car fixed and ignore this guy. He knows what he has to do - let him do it.
Old 11-23-2005, 07:02 AM

Originally Posted by jasonw,Nov 23 2005, 07:09 AM
Best for who? The insurance company or his defense attorney?

witnesses?
This is better for both in my honest opinion. I'm not a crooked insurance agent or anything so don't pin with that. I don't know what either of the drivers prior record looks like, but here in NC when a claim is filed on your collision insurance then your premium will increase. Also if you have enough "not at fault" accidents then your premium is effected. I was just simply stating that if at all possible do not involve insurance companies, it will help both parties in the long run.
Old 11-23-2005, 07:13 AM

On the other hand, I've filed claims and my insurance has never gone up by as much as the repair bill...
Old 11-23-2005, 08:36 AM

could be the type of claim you filed or how many you filed, basicly here in NC our company looks back 5 years for your claim history that along time and there is no need to file a claim unless it is majorcollision claim that is. You have a little leeway when it comes to comp claims.
Old 11-23-2005, 08:49 AM

I checked with my insurance company and no claim has been filed against me. They also informed me that if someone does file a claim and damage to their vehicle cannot be proven there will be no affect on my rate. And in case you're all wondering the damage to my car totalled $495 - thats for the installation and painting of a new bumper.
Old 11-29-2005, 05:26 PM

I have a development in the story. That sleazy SOB's insurance company contacted me and asked for a statement - the driver of the Expedition is with AIG. After telling me everything is fine he goes and files a claim. His agent told me as soon as an assessment is done they will contact me and let me know the damages. I refused to provide my insurance information during the conversation and they told me it could be handled privately or through my company. I've contacted my lawyer and he suggested I file a claim against him - I think he was joking, but not sure.
Old 11-29-2005, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by Notfullflip,Nov 29 2005, 06:26 PM
I refused to provide my insurance information during the conversation
Not a good idea, at least in California. I know they'll put a collection agency on you if they want money. I had to have my insurance company do that to someone last year. Made him change his mind reaaaal quick.

Your best bet is standing behind your insurance company and their lawyers in this type of situation.
Old 11-29-2005, 07:24 PM

Received 215 Likes on 148 Posts

Your best bet is standing behind your insurance company and their lawyers in this type of situation.
I agree. You pay your company hundreds (thousands) of dollars a year to handle this sleaze. Let them call you with their damages estimate, and then tell them to contact your insurance company, and do so yourself with the info they give you. You might find two seperate numbers magically develop once your insurance is involved.

Did you give a statement?
Old 11-30-2005, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by Saki GT,Nov 29 2005, 08:24 PM
I agree. You pay your company hundreds (thousands) of dollars a year to handle this sleaze. Let them call you with their damages estimate, and then tell them to contact your insurance company, and do so yourself with the info they give you. You might find two seperate numbers magically develop once your insurance is involved.

Did you give a statement?
They did take a statement from me and informed me they would be giving me a call as soon as the appraisal on the Expedition is completed. I also notified my insurance company and they took a statement as well. Depending on the amount of the damages, I may just pay it myself or refer them to my insurance carrier. At this point t I don't want to give that POS any of my own money. Everyone who has seen my car or heard the story says the same thing - No way you did anything to that sleazy Expedition.

Quick Reply: S2000 vs . Expedition