S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

S2000 vs . Expedition

Old 11-21-2005, 06:43 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I don't see anybody showing lack of character other than the Expedition driver. What has been suggested in this thread is that the driver show proof of damage and then Notfullflip pay for a REAL damage estimate, if there was any which is very doubtful. There were some jokes made, with smile faces attached, that seem to have set of your snide remarks about peoples character. How about you try climbing down off that high horse for a while and having a drink or something to relax.

P.S. USAA kicks ass in these cases.
Old 11-21-2005, 08:34 PM

Received 215 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Notfullflip,Nov 21 2005, 05:35 PM
Haha...thanks for the great opinions. I don't want to bend over for this guy, but I also know that I was in the wrong. But I think you're all right. There probably isn't any damage and I should probably just let him speak to my insurance company if he's going to say otherwise.
Post pics of your damage to your S so we can better gauge what happened.

If the guy calls and you're feeling moral, tell him you'll write him $100 for a new ball hitch, but that if he wants more he has to file with his insurance company. The insurance company is going to want to know where the police report is, but there isn't one, so he'll have to fill one out. Then your insurance company will step in and want to inspect his truck, and claim there is no damage that can be tied to the accident. His insurance company will also look at his truck and be loathe to give him any money for a possibly fraudulent claim. In the end, the insurance companies will both have a reason to raise your rates, and I doubt either of you will get any money out of all this - only hassle.
Old 11-22-2005, 07:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by hahnn002,Nov 21 2005, 10:43 PM
I don't see anybody showing lack of character other than the Expedition driver. What has been suggested in this thread is that the driver show proof of damage and then Notfullflip pay for a REAL damage estimate, if there was any which is very doubtful. There were some jokes made, with smile faces attached, that seem to have set of your snide remarks about peoples character. How about you try climbing down off that high horse for a while and having a drink or something to relax.

P.S. USAA kicks ass in these cases.
Several people posted in the thread that he should lie and claim the guy hit him. I would say that shows a lack of character!
Old 11-22-2005, 09:08 AM

Originally Posted by GeorgeP,Nov 22 2005, 08:58 AM
Several people posted in the thread that he should lie and claim the guy hit him. I would say that shows a lack of character!
I have to agree with hahnn002. I don't think anyone's character should be questioned - alot of the comments were made to make light of a lame situation. Anyways, the guy's dad actually called me last night and said everything and everyone is fine. I will have to repair my bumper but I can cope with that. Thanks again for all your comments. If anyone see's a black S2K lowered on bronze 18in TE 37's in Orange County/LA County, give a wave and know I'm the buffoon who started this post.
Old 11-22-2005, 09:23 AM

Received 14 Likes on 4 Posts

Everyone is missing the fact that the guy in the explorer is an ass for getting out and claiming injury from a 15mph crash and demanding money for a damaged frame that supposedly got that way b/c a plastic front bumper hit it. This guy saw your car and thinks he can intimidate you to give him some money and avoid insurance b/c he thinks you're loaded. DON'T PAY HIM ONE DIME! Talk to your insurance and let them handle it. This guy is obviously out to take advantage of somebody and you shouldn't deal with him personally.
Old 11-22-2005, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by GeorgeP,Nov 22 2005, 08:58 AM

That said, I'm glad to hear things worked out for the OP. Good luck on the repairs.
Old 11-22-2005, 10:25 AM

Dude, I don't even know what you're talking about, I was like 3 cars behind you and saw the whole thing. He backed right into you!
Old 11-22-2005, 10:37 AM

GEORGEP: The above was strictly a joke. I repeat.... STRICTLY A JOKE

I just think the driver of the explorer or whatever is a prick. ABS plastic bumper plus a tow hitch does not equal $450 damaged tow hitch. For God sakes, a tow hitch doesnt even cost that much. Frame damage? Where the hell is frame damage? If you take an apple and hit it lightly against a banana, the banana will be hurt, not the apple. It is the same with a steele tow hitch and ABS plastic. NO WAY IN HELL!
Old 11-22-2005, 01:03 PM

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Math is fun.
Assuming:
- Impact speed was 15mph (ie, you didn't use the brakes)
- The car moved 2 feet during the impact before coming to a stop

In 0.6 meters, you went from 6.7 m/s to 0 m/s. That time took 0.09 seconds, resulting in 73.76 m/s/s acceleration, or 7.5g's. With an S2000 + driver weighing 2950 lbs, that's 22188 lbs of force placed on the ball hitch.

Of course, I also assume that you DID hit the brakes before impact, or that you were rolling significantly slower. (Otherwise I'd guess your car's damage would be much greater. 15mph is still a fairly fast clip.) In which case, it's quite likely that the force exerted on the ball hitch is much lower than it would see when the Expedition brakes while towing an 8000 pound load. In other words, no possibility of damage.
Old 11-22-2005, 01:30 PM

[QUOTE=Elistan,Nov 22 2005, 02:03 PM]Math is fun.
Assuming:
- Impact speed was 15mph (ie, you didn't use the brakes)
- The car moved 2 feet during the impact before coming to a stop

In 0.6 meters, you went from 6.7 m/s to 0 m/s.

Quick Reply: S2000 vs . Expedition