S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

S2000 vs . Expedition

Old 11-21-2005, 01:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hehe when all else fails DENY EVERYTHING...it's his word against yours...well he did have passengers...
Old 11-21-2005, 01:32 PM

No invoice, no $. I would take it to a completely RANDOM shop. Not one you pick, not one he picks. Just get together, open the phone book, and plant a finger on a random name (eyes closed....of course ).

That way, no one is biased, and you will be sure to get an absolutely clean opinion.

That $450 might be a broken hitch or something....doesnt sound "frame" related if its only that much.

I agree about the attorney letter. That way he can not just keep coming back for more $ when he claims his mechanic "found something else."

BTW, I am surprised there was even a scratch on his car! I got rear ended by a 78 Chevy Suburban when I had my Miata. The guy's seat broke, he fell back, foot off brake. He IDLED into me, and that damn truck had SO much TORQUE he was PUSHING me into the intersection (with my brakes LOCKED, or course). Not a scratch on his car (metal bumper welded to frame), but I had some frame damage of my one!

John
Old 11-21-2005, 01:32 PM

It's a Ford so most likely you did damage LOL
Old 11-21-2005, 01:35 PM

Haha...thanks for the great opinions. I don't want to bend over for this guy, but I also know that I was in the wrong. But I think you're all right. There probably isn't any damage and I should probably just let him speak to my insurance company if he's going to say otherwise.
Old 11-21-2005, 01:42 PM

DO NOT PAY HIM A PENNY! Doing so is admitting fault, which opens the door for him to make other claims against you.
Old 11-21-2005, 02:04 PM

Your insurance company will have one of their adjusters look at it and if he in fact suffered frame damage (unlikely IMO), then it will get covered. If not, he is SOL. Sounds like he is trying to shake you down instead of getting his truck fixed but then, thats America these days.
Old 11-21-2005, 02:07 PM

If you have insurance, go through them. That is what you pay them for! I rearended a person when I was 17. She gets out of the car and says that she just got out of rehab from another accident. Immediately I knew I was screwed. We never called the cops and we just exchanged info. 2 years to the day later (the staute of limitation), I was given notice that she was suing me for $200,000 !!!!!

There was no damage to either car, and somehow, she racked up $20k in medical bills and wanted the other $180k for pain and suffering.

My insurance company did some research and determined that she had a history of suing for a living. They paid off her medical bills and the mediator to her to take a hike. My rates never went up either! I love USAA, but, that is besides the point.

What matters is let the insurance company do their job.
Old 11-21-2005, 02:15 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

yea, I have USAA, too.

they are not well known to the public, but in insurance circles, they are considered the toughest company out there.
Old 11-21-2005, 02:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Actually, if you get something in writing and notorized, saying that if you pay him 450 dollars than the deal is completely over and nobody can claim anything again, it will be to your advantage. You will get out of paying a deductable, and this idiot will be done with. Then all you have to do is find a junkyard with a bumper and you're set.

Anyone else want to chime in on this?
Old 11-21-2005, 04:07 PM

You hit him so you are responsible. Its amazing the lack personal character of some people on this site. What you have to determine is did you do any damage. The claim amount is not worth involving your insurance company. My daughter was involved in a similiar accident. I told the woman involved that we would pay for the damage. I asked her for two estimates and told her I would pick which one and would pay the shop directly for the repair. You can't get any more fair then that. She never did give me the estimates and I hever heard from her again. I suspect that is what will happen here. Is sounds like this guys character is similiar to some who have answered you in the thread. This way you know if you did any damage and he can't just pocket your cash.

Quick Reply: S2000 vs . Expedition