S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

S2000 + Tire in Freeway = Mood Killer

Old 09-13-2007, 09:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow! sorry to hear. yeh i dont care about the rock chips but when tires are on the road and at night its a death wish to my front etc..

2nd pic deff. a tire hit it!

Mugen front ftw!
Old 09-13-2007, 03:22 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by my2ks2k,Sep 12 2007, 08:48 PM
i never said anything about hitting another motorist, or about swerving. only that if the tire is flying around on the freeway and it hit me, then it was not my fault, whereas if the tire had been laying still and i had run over it (and it had done the same damage to my car)
Right, but that's my point.

Your insurance adjuster stated that if it was just sitting there and you hit it, it would be your fault.

What if it was sitting there and you swerved to miss it and in the process, struck another motorist? Is that your fault too? So either way, it would have been your fault.

Road debris has always been a problem, I don't mind it so much in a car, I've almost hit a lot of things, ladders, appliances, pillows, matresses, furniture, books, lumber, etc. but when I'm on the bike, it just pisses me off.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...erm=road+gator
Old 09-13-2007, 03:40 PM

you got lucky. this is how I lost my Evo.
Old 09-13-2007, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by 3ngin33r1,Sep 13 2007, 05:22 PM
Right, but that's my point.

Your insurance adjuster stated that if it was just sitting there and you hit it, it would be your fault.

What if it was sitting there and you swerved to miss it and in the process, struck another motorist? Is that your fault too? So either way, it would have been your fault.

Road debris has always been a problem, I don't mind it so much in a car, I've almost hit a lot of things, ladders, appliances, pillows, matresses, furniture, books, lumber, etc. but when I'm on the bike, it just pisses me off.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...erm=road+gator
You keep adding to his scenario.

He's not saying what the right thing to do is, he's just saying moving object that you hit, not at fault, not moving and you hit it, your fault.

If you damage your car or another car in the process of avoiding the object (moving or not) YOU are at fault.
Old 09-13-2007, 03:47 PM

this is not true. if there is a tire in the middle of the road and you hit it, it's not your fault. Debris in the road causes an ACCIDENT and just because it's sitting there doesn't make it your fault.

if the tire was sitting inside of a tire store and you run into it, then you'll be at fault. that and you'll goto jail.
Old 09-13-2007, 04:42 PM

I'M NOT AT FAULT. Nor would anyone else in the situation. The adjuster said because I could not see the tire, I was not at fault. I spoke with my aunt also, who works in ins. She explained to me everything, also told me there was no way to fight my deductible.

I can't afford an authentic Mugen bumper.. anyone know where I can pick up a replica. Does anyone carry 4-IG. I am looking to get after market for sure! or if anyone is selling one used.

Thanks
Old 09-13-2007, 05:42 PM

Do tell....did you powdercoat those wheels (semi-flat ?) or spray yourself ?

Satisfied with the results ?
Old 09-13-2007, 06:33 PM

Powder coated Gloss black
Old 09-13-2007, 07:10 PM

Wow I definately know how you feel. With my integra on HWY 5 I hit a "gator" about 12 at night and my front bumper only got black marks all over it....little did I know that somehow this screwed up my alignment and about a month later I could see the steel cords on my inside front tires....had to replace the whole rack and spend all that money on new tires......I always knew the Cali hwys would get me sooner or later the debri. My biggest near accident was a freaking step lader that laid across the entire lane!!! Luckily I had recently checked me driver side mirror and knew there were no cars in the carpool lane and was able to completely swerve into the carpool lane and back into the fast lane without incident....needless to say my heart was beating a little quicker!
Old 09-13-2007, 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by SilentWhiteNoise,Sep 14 2007, 10:33 AM
Powder coated Gloss black
They look the sh!t

Quick Reply: S2000 + Tire in Freeway = Mood Killer