S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

S2000 with Stripes photo's.

Old 12-24-2001 | 09:25 PM

Ok, please do not get mad at me because this is just my opinion.

The stripes really cheapen the look of the S. They look really out of place. Imagine seeing them on a Civic HB. It's like if BMW started put altezza lights on their cars. The stripes are too wide and they look like pieces of cloth or tape hanging from your car. They should taper at the front to a smaller width. In fact, they seems to get wider towards the front because of the perspective of the pic. Your S2000 looks like it got 2 Dirty Sanchez's/skid marks to the face. The backend looks like a Red carpet on a staircase. IMHO way too wide, but to each his own.

Please understand that this is just MY opinion and is not a personal attack on you or a flame. You can choose to ignore it or maybe try to understand where I am coming from.

Maybe I'm just jealous beacuse I wish I had 32K to buy one .

Phi
Old 12-25-2001 | 01:56 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Phi2k
[B]It's like if BMW started put altezza lights on their cars.
Old 12-25-2001 | 07:32 AM
Banned

Sorry but I think that looks like ass...but thats my opinion. As long as you are happy its your car thats all that matters.

It just reminds me of Dodge Neons with stripes...there are too many of those in my area running around.

Peace
Old 12-25-2001 | 09:04 AM

I tried to taper the stripes first but it looked very out of place. I used the stripes off of a new c5 for the model but it ended before the hood did. it looked decent but did not have the visual impact that I was looking for. Also the car is really dirty in these pictures and the stripes look a lot darker then they really are. I guess I will have to setup a poll to see how many people like it or don't as the ones who don't seem to be the most vocal. Will try to get the rest of the pictures posted in the next few days.
Old 12-25-2001 | 09:52 AM

StormBringer; I will reserve my opinion until I see the daytime photos. Even then my criticism if any, would be the scale of the stripes. I don't think I would worry about the poll. If your happy with the results of your efforts "THAT'S ALL THAT COUNTS!"
I really find it hard to understand why this group of like minded individuals are so hard on each other when one person makes, or does something, a little bit different. Surely you don't want everyone to have a car exactly like yours...do you? Why must your disapproval contain so much venom. I thought the whole point of this forum was for fellowship, not for flame throwing! Why is it you can't just say "I don't like it" and move on. I will get off my soap box now and put on my thermal gear... and let the flames begin!
Old 12-25-2001 | 10:39 AM

hum..that is some nasty sh*t....dont like at all, hope it's not ur baby...i like it the way it is....
Old 12-25-2001 | 01:44 PM

Originally posted by Chipster Why must your disapproval contain so much venom.
Venom? I went back and reviewed all the comments and a couple of people were uncomprising in their dislike, but quite a few also liked it and most said, basically, "If you're happy with it that's all that matters."

Maybe feedback wasn't what Stormbringer had in mind, but why else would he post the pics here? And having done that, he had better be prepared (as I assume he is) to tolerate the negative comments as well as take heart from the positive ones. I notice he isn't complaining about venomous comments.

I've seen some fairly abusive flames on this forum, although rare and unwelcome, but none on this thread. Perhaps you're projecting your own hypersensitivity onto others' comments?

cal
Old 12-25-2001 | 02:28 PM

to each his own
its just that that is not my cup of tea
Old 12-25-2001 | 03:42 PM

calc; So far this thread hasn't become that "venomous"...yet. I recall a thread a couple of weeks ago where the Suzuka Blue color (and owners of)were subjected to a fair number of generally nasty comments that finally ended up being just plain ugly. Do you think this is a useful dialog? Do you think this site is made better by a group drive-by on a fellow member because their car looks, drives, or is different from the rest? I don't. We of course have a perfect right to our own opinion, and disagree if need be. My point is that neither of us have to be a SOB because we hold divergent points of view.
Old 12-25-2001 | 05:26 PM

Personally I could care less about what people think, at first I though I would try it out see how it looks. I personally really like the look. I can take the heat I have had very unpopular remakes before and really don't care much about what anybody says. I do respect calc opinion always though as I have meet him and he is one of only two or three very active S2000 owners out side of the autocross sceen, plus he put together all of those thursday applebee's things that I never get to attend. ( I promise to make the next one though as I know I have it open. )

As many have said as long as I have like it keep it, I really like it. The reason that I posted was a few other people wanted to see it before they went out and did it themselfes.

(Rant Rant Rant)
I can take the heat as I peronally don't care about the rude people on this board.
As a example that whole 4 page thing in off topic about killing cats with antifreeze and guns. I decided to find another forum that has some normal people. I think that I will be hanging out of the 914 550 porsche boards tell I cool off.
(Rant Rant Rant)

Quick Reply: S2000 with Stripes photo's.