S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

s2000 spun out

Old 02-20-2007, 06:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by boostedf23,Feb 20 2007, 02:45 AM
There isn't anything i could do? this cant be 100% our fault??
you got to admit that at least he played a "small" part of this accident. It was raining pretty hard, so i told my gurl to drive slower on the right lane. We were at least 10 to 12 cars behind the car in front of us. The s2k was 2 lanes away on our right side and it came spinning towards us perpendicular to traffic. come on... how is one really suppose to avoid that? Matter of fact, if we didn't collide then the s2k would've probaby ran of the little cliff.
If you were in the far right lane how could he have been two lanes over on your right? Think about that and if that's what you told the officer then he probably concluded that you didn't know what happened.

To be helpful I will suggest that the 2003 S2000s tires were probably not in new condition or mismatched and from experience they aren't very good in the rain after half of their life has been used. That could be an angle for you to approach with an attorney. Also, write down what happened and have somone read it to ensure it makes sense.
Old 02-20-2007, 07:18 AM

No witnesses? the FRONT end of your car is damaged, the front fender of the S2000 is damaged...the cop has no proof other than your word that the S2000 was actually doing 360's in the highway, looks more like a sideswipe, Now if the S2000 had spun and hit the REAR of your car the cop would have faulted him for "rearending" you.

Sounds like the S2000 driver was a better talker to the officer than you, that's all. He probably fabricated a nice story.
Old 02-20-2007, 09:03 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Please post the pictures of the accident if you don't mind. I find it hard to believe that any officer could put you at fault if the front of 2 cars are damaged. Also the police officer had to file the report, any accident that has been deemed to have someone at fault must have an accompanying report with a traffic violation of some sort (with fine to be paid by the one at fault).
Old 02-20-2007, 09:15 AM

Originally Posted by boostedf23,Feb 20 2007, 11:38 AM
It wasn't really that we "hit" him because he was coming at a speed towards US.. so it was a collision of both cars. BUT the thing is that HE was FACING ONCOMING traffic. i mean.. if a car is moving towards u, facing u, how is it that the cops expect us to dodge that???

should'nt it be his FAULT because:
1. HE spun TOWARDS US.. perpendicular to traffic. ( he was about 2 or 3 cars in front of me BUT HE WAS ON THE 4th lane and i was on the 1ST lane.)
2: during the collision he was Facing Oncoming traffic (ME) with a velocity towards me. (so how is it my fault if he is comin at me?)

Questions:
1.The cop told us that it was our fault because we were too close to the car and we should've been able to stop. Can someone explain to me what we did wrong?

we did what we were suppose to do if there is extreme conditions on the freeway. 1. we drove at a slower speed (on the slow lane), 2. we let at least 10-12 car space in front of us. (knowing that if we needed to break we would have room). 3. i was keeping a very close look out of cars around us. the s2k was as least 1 or2 cars in front of us but TWO lanes away.
Take the advice many others have given you- lawyer up RIGHT NOW. Do not pass go do not collect $200. Also talk to your insurance company as the other guy may try and blame you for the accident as well. When you have an accident - do not talk to the other person about the particulars of the accident. It is in the at fault drivers best interest to lie. Let the facts speak for themselves. You had multiple people in your car which should help. Too bad you did not have anyone stop and offer to testify for you.

It doesn't sound like you could possibly be held liable in a court case(which is surely where this is going) make sure you have good representation when you go to court...
Old 02-20-2007, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by converted,Feb 20 2007, 07:41 AM
If you were in the far right lane how could he have been two lanes over on your right? Think about that and if that's what you told the officer then he probably concluded that you didn't know what happened.
Im sorry i meant i far left lane and i was in the far right lane. I did tell the cop that he was on the far left lane.
Old 02-20-2007, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by AssassinJN,Feb 20 2007, 10:03 AM
Please post the pictures of the accident if you don't mind. I find it hard to believe that any officer could put you at fault if the front of 2 cars are damaged. Also the police officer had to file the report, any accident that has been deemed to have someone at fault must have an accompanying report with a traffic violation of some sort (with fine to be paid by the one at fault).
How do you post pictures? I specificlly ask for a report but the police officer said that he wont file a report unless someone was hurt. he told me to go file it.
Old 02-20-2007, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by smurf2k,Feb 20 2007, 12:28 AM
1. organize and express yourself in a more coherent manner
That was painful to read.
Old 02-20-2007, 09:31 AM

Sounds like it is partially your fault. You were in more of a position to avoid the accident.

Also, it is gIrl not gUrl. Sorry, but if you are trying to make a convincing argument or point proper spelling would help.
Old 02-20-2007, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by BoostTed,Feb 20 2007, 01:31 PM
uh contact suzuka_rob? sounds like you hit him

" yeah I'm alright....I was on the freeway in the rain this morning and I was even keeping it cool and everything...hit a puddle or somethin and hydroplaned and couldn't get control banghead.gif ended up spinning about 3 times to the other side of the freeway and tagged head on with a civic...front end is trash and don't know if frame is damaged yet"

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.ph...c=458249&st=75
there's your way out of being responsible for the accident
-Chris
Old 02-20-2007, 10:03 AM

Wow! Small world!

Quick Reply: s2000 spun out