S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

S2000 owners-1 Thieves-0

Old 12-03-2006, 09:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe that you may have "brushed this under the rug" a bit, I would have atleast had them stay there while I called the cops. That would at least scare them a little and might get them to straighten up. But I am with many when I say that I would have more than likley hit them.
Old 12-03-2006, 09:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

for keeping you cool, and not getting thrown in jail for an antenna stub.

Then again, I know I would have done something to warrant me getting thrown in jail, but would have cried self defense, or protection of property.

Glad nothing else got damage and you're still intact.
Old 12-03-2006, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by shiesty,Dec 2 2006, 10:54 PM
Loctite would definately work in this situation... but consider this scenario. A thief trying to rip off a $30 antenna gets pissed off that the antenna won't screw loose, so they kick the rear fender of the car in anger... Far fetched? Well it happened to me last summer and I had to pay my deductable ($200) to get the dent and various scratches fixed And my antenna was bent to shit
I know i just don't get the antenna theives a new antenna cost 16 bucks.... give me a brake.
Old 12-03-2006, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by diondrum,Dec 3 2006, 12:37 AM
In today's PC/ACLU climate you did the only thing you could. Had you given them what they deserved, YOU would have been labeled the criminal and hauled off with a felony assault arrest. By the time you paid the lawyers to get you out of that, the hoodlums would have you in civil court where, even if you win, your pockets would be empty.
the truth pisses me off.
Old 12-03-2006, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by tbaker,Dec 3 2006, 10:02 AM
I don't think we should slap thieves on the wrists, I'm just saying I don't think it's productive to shoot them either. There's got to be a reasonable middle ground somewhere.
break the had they write with. is that too much? i don't think so.
Old 12-03-2006, 10:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Question to the OP. What would you have done if they had already cut the soft top and were in the process of removing your seats?
Old 12-03-2006, 11:05 AM

you're a nice guy, i have a very different view of thieves. my motorcycle got stolen after having it 6 days in san diego. a car stereo i had got stolen after one night of visiting my friends in san diego when i didnt live there anymore. if i saw someone jacking something on my s2k, they would be getting knocked hard and i'd have my knee on their throat while i dialed the cops with my cell.

like clawhammer said.. what if it was your seats? what if it was your rims or your car? i dont trust thieves, those kids could have had a knife or a gun or something stupid... to run up just screaming could just be an invitation for them to use it.
Old 12-03-2006, 11:10 AM

Originally Posted by clawhammer,Dec 3 2006, 11:47 AM
Question to the OP. What would you have done if they had already cut the soft top and were in the process of removing your seats?
In all honesty, I'm not sure. In my mind, different circumstances justify different actions. Without being in the exact moment, I don't know what course of action I would pursue. I am glad that I have seatlocks however.

-James
Old 12-03-2006, 11:13 AM

Glad you handled it in a mature manner.... to you.
Old 12-03-2006, 11:23 AM

This isn't the first incident my car has been in. I have also had the drivers side window bashed in and my sidemarkers stolen, so I am familiar with the feeling of being handed a raw deal.

In this incident, I just reacted. In a more serious incident, such as catching punks ripping open my softtop, I would probably react a bit differently. How I would react, I am honestly unsure of.

About a year ago, I worked with a guy who had recently finished serving a 2 year prison sentence. He was in for assaulting 2 teenagers with a deadly weapon. He told me that he came home one night to find these dudes had broken into his house and had handfuls of his stuff. He reacted by chasing them down as they fled and beating them with a golf club, a nine iron I believe he said. Now I'm not against taking matters into your own hands, I'm just trying to further establish that escalating situations may not be the best for the victim.

Come on guys, lets keep this topic friendly.

Quick Reply: S2000 owners-1 Thieves-0