S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

S2000 owners-1 Thieves-0

Old 12-03-2006, 06:21 AM

Received 62 Likes on 51 Posts

I'm with all the other posters that say the thieves are only going to be emboldened by this. I would be willing to bet you they were scared for about the first 30 seconds or so driving away, but the further removed from the situation they were, the more they were probably joking and talking crap.

Honestly, the police won't do anything even if you can catch them in the act and somehow detain the thieves. They're too busy writing speeding tickets.

On the other hand, if you "rough them up a bit", in this crazy world you'd now be the one in the wrong.

Take it from me, in the past two years, I've had my grill stolen off my back porch, my digital camera stolen, and the trunk of my winter car jimmied open and my amp and subs stolen out of there. To say that I have a dislike for thieves is an understatement.

Honestly, until there are stiffer penalties for being caught stealing (I'd personally like to see the meideval practice of cutting off the hand of a thief brought back), thieves are just going to continue doing what their doing with little to no fear of consequence.

Oh, and I wasn't a dumbass as a kid (at least, when it came to stealing). I've never stolen anything. I had right and wrong firmly pounded into my head.

Do dumbass kids deserve to get shot? Probably not. Do they need some sort of lasting reminder of why you do no take what is not yours? Yes.
Old 12-03-2006, 07:07 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thieves are the lowest of the low IMO. The ultimate character flaw of mankind. Even murderers may have a great reason to kill someone ,thieves will never have an excuse for doing thier dirty deeds.
Their theft is solely driven by greed and personal profit to own or sell something that belongs to someone else.
A true story that I read a few years ago--- A horse thief and a murderer went before a judge in Texas .The murderers case was heard first and the judge gave a sentence of five years. The thiefs case was then heard and received a sentence of ten years.
The theifs attorney immediatly objected that a murdered could get half the sentence of a thief.
JUDGE.." I've known a lot of men who needed to be killed but I've never known a horse that needed to be stolen"
Old 12-03-2006, 07:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JackS,Dec 3 2006, 11:07 AM
Thieves are the lowest of the low IMO. The ultimate character flaw of mankind. Even murderers may have a great reason to kill someone ,thieves will never have an excuse for doing thier dirty deeds.
So logically you are saying that if theives are the lowest of the low, then stealing an antenna is a lot worse than being a rapist or a pedophile.... correct??

Listen, when I was in college, I had my house broken into by the 13 year olds that lived next door. They stole all my stuff, and then when the cops found my compter in their house 25 minutes later they said it "wasn't solid evidence" that they were the thieves. While I would have loved to have burned the little ****ers house down (oh and I was tempted to) It wouldn't have solved my problem and in the end, It was just stuff. Two years down the road and my life isn't any worse off. Are you trying to tell me that you would rather have one of your loved ones murdered than your car stolen?

I don't think so.
Old 12-03-2006, 07:38 AM

Dude thats awesome. Catching theives in the act.
Old 12-03-2006, 07:50 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You didn't catch the context. We live our lives somewhat uncomfortably among thieves but we still live. We don't live comfortably among thrill killers, serial killers or rapist.
If Hitler had visted New York in 1937 and someone put a bullet between his eyes, that person would forever be labled a murderer. What would have been a fitting punishment for this crime?
I hope you see where I'm comming from. Many of us have been tempted by a little larceny at some point in our lives and a few succombe to the great price on the "hot" watch or autopart that someone else has stolen. Not in the same league as the actuall thief but still a minor flaw if you decide to buy.
We all have a line that we draw. When tested, resist crossing that line and live a much better life
Old 12-03-2006, 08:01 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tbaker,Dec 3 2006, 09:58 AM
So what you're telling me is that a stupid kid that makes a bad decision deserves to get shot? I'm not saying what they did was right but lets be serious here. You telling me you were never a dumbass when you were a kid?
No way i would have or have ever touched something that was not mine without the owners permission, my parents would have tore my ass up for even thinking about it. I agree that my reaction may have been alittle extreme but i mean, if we keep slapping thiefs on the wrists they are just gonna keep on jackin our antanas then our seats then our cars, stealing is stealing reguardless and should not be taken lightly.
Old 12-03-2006, 08:08 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh ya and um.... how many times have you heard of a Hells Angel's bike being stolen or even looked at??? hmmmm... i wonder why
Old 12-03-2006, 08:55 AM

[QUOTE=JackS,Dec 3 2006, 11:50 AM] You didn't catch the context. We live our lives somewhat uncomfortably among thieves but we still live. We don't live comfortably among thrill killers, serial killers or rapist.
If Hitler had visted New York in 1937 and someone put a bullet between his eyes, that person would forever be labled a murderer. What would have been a fitting punishment for this crime?,
I hope you see where I'm comming from. Many of us have been tempted by a little larceny at some point in our lives and a few succombe to the great price on the "hot" watch or autopart that someone else has stolen. Not
Old 12-03-2006, 08:59 AM

i agree, you handled it well by scaring them shitless
Old 12-03-2006, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by Kyushin,Dec 3 2006, 12:08 PM
Oh ya and um.... how many times have you heard of a Hells Angel's bike being stolen or even looked at??? hmmmm... i wonder why
I don't think we should slap thieves on the wrists, I'm just saying I don't think it's productive to shoot them either. There's got to be a reasonable middle ground somewhere.

Quick Reply: S2000 owners-1 Thieves-0