S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

S2000 owners-1 Thieves-0

Old 12-02-2006, 09:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tritium_pie,Dec 2 2006, 10:53 PM
your scoring is inaccurate.

thieves: 0
you: -1

the only lasting lessons they learned:
1) keep a better lookout
2) if you do get caught, you'll probably only get scolded. big whooptie.

you should've stomped the dogsh*t outta them and yelled to your girlfriend to call the cops.

they took a piece of your property, forced you to have to see them in the act, get your adrenalin up, chase them down, demand your own property back... and in the end, you were no better off than when you started. and they got away scott free.

they broke even. you still lost. sorry bud.
How do I lose? I still have my antenna.
Old 12-02-2006, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by shiesty,Dec 2 2006, 10:54 PM
Loctite would definately work in this situation... but consider this scenario. A thief trying to rip off a $30 antenna gets pissed off that the antenna won't screw loose, so they kick the rear fender of the car in anger... Far fetched? Well it happened to me last summer and I had to pay my deductable ($200) to get the dent and various scratches fixed And my antenna was bent to shit
Yup. That is the likely scenario for the loctite evangelists.

Minimally, a damaged antenna/mount from bending by hand trying to get more torque or gouged from pliers applied.

From there it gets worse with the frustrated kick to the fender, knife in the tire, or a creative key etching.
Old 12-02-2006, 10:38 PM

I just leave mine on..if it get stolen then i'll buy a new one.

peace
Old 12-02-2006, 10:46 PM

for mature and positive decisions
Old 12-02-2006, 10:55 PM

Originally Posted by JamesII,Dec 2 2006, 10:56 PM
How do I lose? I still have my antenna.
What was lost you say? That one (and only) thing that can never be taken from you, only given away.

I don't know that I would've reacted any differently, as I was not there.

But at the end of the day, these doinks will be encouraged by the results. They can rip stuff from folks that work for it, and there will be no consequences when caught.

I think what I might've done differently would be to follow them in my car, get their tag number and car description, and call the cops while following them.

Perhaps they would've been motivated to do some reckless driving or other escalation to really get the hammer from the cops.

Perhaps they would've gotten angry due to me following and approached my vehicle with a tire iron, or a cricket bat. At which point I could legally introduce them to 40s&w hydrashok.

Perhaps the cops would'a poo-poo'ed the offense with a warning (but the vehicle stop and questioning process might scare them from trying it again).

Dunno. Crappy thing to happen and glad you got your item back.

Old 12-02-2006, 11:03 PM

Originally Posted by ENTHRALLED,Dec 2 2006, 11:38 PM
I just leave mine on..if it get stolen then i'll buy a new one.

peace
I understand what you mean. I know that the price of an antenna is less than a night at the movies for 2, but its the thought of someone taking something that belongs to me that really gets to me. Combined with the fact that I caught them in the middle of it. Would anyone on the forum actually drive up on someone trying to take something from them and not do anything about it?

As far as the "beat their asses" remarks, I guess it depends on the person. As I said in my original post, I didn't want to escalate the situation. I got what I wanted without being physical, so why take it any further?

-James
Old 12-02-2006, 11:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You did it right dude. Stomping them or kicking their ass would just make you end up in jail on assault charges. And likely nothing would happen to the punk kids. Good for you for being mature enough to keep your cool.
Old 12-02-2006, 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by angelz33,Dec 3 2006, 02:46 AM
for mature and positive decisions

Very good indeed!
Old 12-02-2006, 11:09 PM

hey james, great to hear you got your antenna back, i have to agree with others, you should have gave them a beating.
Old 12-02-2006, 11:10 PM

you did the right thing. if you were to beat on them a little. .you could have gotten arrested along with them, and possibly had a law suite to deal with.

i read a story a while ago on h-t where a guy went out to his porch to smoke a cigarette and two guys were breaking into his hatch. he managed to get a hold of one and nearly beat him to death. the last i read, the owner of the hatch was arrested or was being sued and he had to appear in court a few times. never did find out what happened tho.

Quick Reply: S2000 owners-1 Thieves-0