S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

S2000 owners-1 Thieves-0

Old 12-02-2006, 08:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S2000 owners-1 Thieves-0

Just wanted to share a positive story with my S2000 brothers.

Earlier tonight, I stopped by my girlfriends workplace, Linens and Things, to help her pick out a comforter set for her parents christmas gifts. I parked up front and spent about 20 minutes in the store with her while she finished her purchase. We walked out to her car, which was parked in the employee parking area on the side of the building. After I put the comforter into her car, she drove me back around to the S2000.

As we approached the car, I noticed two guys behaving suspiciously by the car. Normally, I don't jump to conclusions, because most of the time, people are just admiring the vehicle. As we got closer to the scene, I noticed one of the guys messing around with the antenna. At this moment, I thought back on all the horror stories I had read about on the forums. I have a custom "stubby" antenna, which I knew may be a target for theft when I bought it, but never imagined I would catch someone in the act.

At this point, my adrenaline was pumping and I was pissed. I told my girlfriend to stop the car immediately. As I was stepping out of the car, I could feel the car still creeping, but I didn't care. I jumped out and ran toward these idiots as they were trying to flee.

Before the guy could get all the way in, I was right there, screaming in his face. Their reactions were priceless. These guys looked like deer caught in the headlights. I demanded my antenna back, and the guy had no choice but to hand it over.

I watched them drive off as I screwed my antenna back on the car.

Everyone keeps telling me that I should have hit the guy, but I didn't feel the need to escalate the situation. I just wanted my property back. I know calling the cops would not have done any good either. If your not dying in the streets, they don't want to hear about it. Overall, I feel I handled the situation the best way possible.

Thanks for reading, just wanted owners to know that not everyone gets away with this.

-James
Old 12-02-2006, 08:52 PM

I would've socked them up a little.

peace
Old 12-02-2006, 08:57 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

keeping your cool was the best way to go...
congrats on getting it back- i am sure that they will think twice before doinng this again!
Old 12-02-2006, 08:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just curious, what were they driving and what age would you say they were?
Old 12-02-2006, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by clawhammer,Dec 2 2006, 09:57 PM
Just curious, what were they driving and what age would you say they were?
They looked to be between 18-21, driving a beat up 240sx.
Old 12-02-2006, 09:00 PM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Shoulda kicked their fender. I know hurting my car feels worse to me than anything in the world.

I'd suggest getting some blue loktite to secure your antenna. Beats having to unscrew it and throwing it in the trunk all the time. I can't tell you how many times I've seen the members here post about getting their antennas swiped over the years. Seems a never ending battle.

-Hockey
Old 12-02-2006, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by JamesII,Dec 3 2006, 12:59 AM
They looked to be between 18-21, driving a beat up 240sx.
In all my anger and rage I would have put a hurting on them.....

but you handled the situation in the best manner
Old 12-02-2006, 09:44 PM
Community Organizer
Community Organizer

Received 46 Likes on 33 Posts

You handled that way better than I would have.

Loctite Red is your new best friend.
Old 12-02-2006, 09:53 PM

your scoring is inaccurate.

thieves: 0
you: -1

the only lasting lessons they learned:
1) keep a better lookout
2) if you do get caught, you'll probably only get scolded. big whooptie.

you should've stomped the dogsh*t outta them and yelled to your girlfriend to call the cops.

they took a piece of your property, forced you to have to see them in the act, get your adrenalin up, chase them down, demand your own property back... and in the end, you were no better off than when you started. and they got away scott free.

they broke even. you still lost. sorry bud.
Old 12-02-2006, 09:54 PM

Loctite would definately work in this situation... but consider this scenario. A thief trying to rip off a $30 antenna gets pissed off that the antenna won't screw loose, so they kick the rear fender of the car in anger... Far fetched? Well it happened to me last summer and I had to pay my deductable ($200) to get the dent and various scratches fixed And my antenna was bent to shit

Quick Reply: S2000 owners-1 Thieves-0