S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

S2000 only push button start ?

Old 10-31-2005, 07:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by frank b,Oct 31 2005, 08:30 PM
Try never to do that with the clutch pedal depressed!
Would something happen?
Old 10-31-2005, 08:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think Frank's implying that, if we did, WE would be depressed as well as the clutch pedal when the starter motor engaged. If this is true, it doesn't seem too smart to put the start button so close to the others.
Old 10-31-2005, 08:11 PM

Originally Posted by YellowS2kPwr,Oct 31 2005, 08:51 PM
Would something happen?
I had a similar question on another post. People told me the starter motor would engage and make a pretty nasty noise. It's not good for the car. Our starter button isn't like the one on the new Lexus where it shuts off the engine if it's already running.
Old 10-31-2005, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by jdo009,Oct 31 2005, 07:24 PM
well guys, i work at the car wash (ya i know but hey im 16 and make straight a's) anyways, ive seen some cars come it with push button starts that you turn the key then you push the buttion (which i think is stupid) but a car came int he other day i don't know what it was but it came in and it was so cool, the remote (to unlock the doors, ect) was blue tooth and all you did was get in the car have the remote any were at all in the car, hell you could have it in the back seat, just as long as it was within like 10 feet and you just push the button and it starts up. now if you ask me thats how a push button start should be.

is there any kits out there that we can buy to set the s2k up like that?
They have this set up in the new Corvette, Cadallac STS, Infiniti G35(Option)

I have personally drove these cars and wished our push starts were true push starts. It turns on and off with a push of a button. No keys. You must have the remote on you which doubles as alarm pad.
Old 10-31-2005, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by Nice-Face,Oct 31 2005, 07:39 PM
I think it has something to do with doing away with the crank style starter.From what I recall,the change was a technical improvement not just a stylish thing.
(and plus,if you got rid of the whole key thing totally,then smart crooks & people with them scanners could just jack our cars all day n night)
Doubt it man. Most new luxo cars have that keyless entry keyless starting system. its pretty pimp.
Old 10-31-2005, 09:14 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

gee let's not buy the car because it has a push button start. do people seriously have nothing better to complain about? sheesh. lol
Old 10-31-2005, 09:35 PM

Originally Posted by Smoothieboy,Oct 31 2005, 08:22 PM
Hi All,

This is my first post. I just picked up my 2005 two days ago and now have a couple of hundred miles on it. The dealer had to make room for the 2006s and I got a pretty good deal. Anyway, I have a question about the push button start. Once the engine is running, what happens if you accidentally hit the button? Is the button locked out at that point? I'm assuming it doesn't engage the starter motor, but I didn't want to press it and find out I was wrong.

I was driving after dark for the first time tonight, and I realized that the start button is close to the radio controls and is easy to hit by mistake.
Just try it!
You know my answer.
Nothting happens.
Old 10-31-2005, 09:51 PM

something as simple as actual key fitting into your keyhole seems abit more imprtnt as we make it sound like.(without that key,,theres a wide world of able hackers/crooks that can get into the 'true keyless' new luxury rides.you feel me?.Something about the startup of a ignition being solely functional thru signals/waveSignals doesnt make me feel too assured if own that kind of ride,call me nutso.For every company that comes out with a new creation/technology ,theres already 100 diff. ways to break through that technology, and in this example it seems very 'crackable'..yup
Old 10-31-2005, 10:24 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

No one said the S was the first...
You would be surprised.
Old 11-01-2005, 04:57 AM

I thought the push button was on the left side so if you where on the track and you stall. You could shift into 1st and restart the engine at the same time. You can

Quick Reply: S2000 only push button start ?