S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

S2000 mugen aerodynamics

Old 09-15-2005, 12:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S2000 mugen aerodynamics

hello everyone this is my first post . here is my question. i bought a new s2k 4 days ago and i want to mod it. theres a mugen shop here but i m not sure what to do.

i want my car to look great but i also want the parts to add stability to my car
ex: cf hood , front whole bumper and the rear dtm wing do they really help the aerodynamics?

and theese parts are lighter than the stock parts so the stock version is hard enough how will it be when i use mugens lighter aerodynamic parts? will it help?

what do u think about the appearance of the mugens car?

will the car have more stability?

and only applying theese 3 parts will be enogh? ( mugen cf hood , mugen bumper , mugen rear dtm wing)

i really need your ideas . thanks everyone.

by the way mugen is the only dealer i have here. i have no other brand options
Old 09-15-2005, 12:39 AM

if you can post here you have internet. if you have internet you have many options
Old 09-15-2005, 04:14 AM
Former Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

On my S I went through many parts from many places - BUT - I found nothing better than Mugen I could even go so far to say that some of my Mugen parts fit better than the parts from Honda - the Mugen hood certainly filled in better than the OEM hood.

If I still had my S2000, I would have taken off almost every non-Mugen part (except my front bumper - not a fan of the smiley Mugen AP1 bumper's looks) and replaced it all with every Mugen part I could.

If you have the money, buy Mugen - you won't be upset
Old 09-15-2005, 07:20 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

(except my front bumper - not a fan of the smiley Mugen AP1 bumper's looks)
What??!! I thought everyone was a fan of the "Smiling Budha".
Old 09-15-2005, 07:51 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mugen is Top of the Line

they claim their products improve stability , handling, performance etc. etc., but its more for looks than anything else. Not substantial imho
Old 09-15-2005, 07:56 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did someone say "Mugen?"

Don't bother ordering their exhaust system.... I've been waiting a better part of 6 months for mine...

You better start finding distributors and ordering your stuff now if you want your parts anytime soon.

Old 09-15-2005, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by drifttolga,Sep 15 2005, 04:17 AM
hello everyone this is my first post . here is my question. i bought a new s2k 4 days ago and i want to mod it. theres a mugen shop here but i m not sure what to do.

i want my car to look great but i also want the parts to add stability to my car
ex: cf hood , front whole bumper and the rear dtm wing do they really help the aerodynamics?

and theese parts are lighter than the stock parts so the stock version is hard enough how will it be when i use mugens lighter aerodynamic parts? will it help?

what do u think about the appearance of the mugens car?

will the car have more stability?

and only applying theese 3 parts will be enogh? ( mugen cf hood , mugen bumper , mugen rear dtm wing)

i really need your ideas . thanks everyone.

by the way mugen is the only dealer i have here. i have no other brand options
Unless you are going to be racing your car at speeds in excess of 80-90 mph, an aero package is more or less useless. There just isnt enough force generated at these speeds to make a significant impact. You may notice a slight increase in stability with the Mugen parts, but most body addons have little to no engineering in their design. Mugen's racing involvement lends me to believe that their parts are based on proven designs.

Also keep in mind that race-prepped S2000's are hundreds and hundreds of pounds lighter than stock and some have well over twice the stock horspower ratings. That makes them extremely quick and they spend a lot more time at velocities that take full advantage of a well designed aero package.

Basically, and this is only my opinion, there is no aero package out there worth your money if you are looking for increased performance out of your car. The amount of additional work necessary to harness any potential performance gains is just too much. I'll believe an aero package works when I see wind tunnel results. Looks are another thing. If thats your main goal, go to town.