S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

s2000 lease deals

Old 09-10-2008, 01:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by coquinn,Sep 10 2008, 12:13 PM
You do realize that 0.00265 is the equiv. to 6.36% ...(?)
yes i realize that. that is a very high lease rate all things considered. lease rates are not the same as interest rates as far as good or bad. for top credit tier 6% + is awful.

the s2000 had a 1% on it in the may/june special and the bmw 3series has around a 2 or so a little under.

and yes i do realize the 335 vs s2k is debateable so i recind my bold statements and will just leave it at i love driving both cars. of course it all comes down to preference. i will just say that FOR ME, driving both cars the 335i did it more as far as power and balance. it has a killer engine.

all things said the best car i ever drove was my 06 m45 sport which redefined fast for me. if it came in stick i would just buy it and keep for a long time. i was close to doing so but the v8 was killing me. i averaged like 12 MPG with that car in 2 years. going a few blocks in manhattan i used up like half the tank lol.
Old 09-11-2008, 09:29 PM

ok new question:

so i'm in the heat of battle with a few dealers for the s2000 but i guess this is a general car lease question i am hoping someone with knowledge on this can help.

so i'll try to make it as easy as understand as possible. in an effort to lower the cap cost to accomdate my payment comfort zone i was thinking...

since i turned my last car in i have been driving my mothers lease extended 2003 civic lx 4dr sedan. the lease was up last year but she extended it and the extension is due back in december. so whenever she wants it can be returned. the car is pretty under the mileage allowance. so basically the car has positive equity. though there are a few months left the payoff amount for the lease is $5500 and the average i am getting in between kelly blue book and edmunds and seeing a few on sale it is about 7500-8500 as trade in value. so i was wondering why the dealer (same one that leased the car out in the first place so technically it is honda-honda lease) can't buy the car and give me credit for the difference since they can probably sell it for 8k up on their lot once they get it into shape and stuff.

now i thought of this because when i got my last car (infi m45) i had an accord lease at the time and i had like a year left on the lease and was already over the total mileage so they bought out my old car from the bank (i broke the lease) and i swallowed the negative equity ($2500) into my cap cost for the infiniti. so surely the same can be done but it reverse.

so when i ran this idea by the dealer they looked at the car then they were like, we can't do it because it is on an extended lease and if it was on a regular lease it would be different. i asked why what difference does it make and he couldn't really explain so he kind of danced around and changed the topic which lead me to believe he was BSing since logic tells me i should be right with what i am trying to accomplish.

someone help!
Old 09-12-2008, 03:00 PM

bump on this

also if a dealer gets the car from another dealers inventory is there still a holdback???
Old 10-01-2008, 05:34 PM

october bump... any new incentives or lease programs that anyone knows of???

was way to overpriced on leasing in sept so i decided to wait it out i have until december. i figured it can't get much worse.
Old 10-01-2008, 08:43 PM

It does not appear there are any lease specials on the S2K right now but it is only Oct 2nd. They may put one out within the week. I would simply tell the dealer what you are willing to pay. This is exactly what I did with my 06 in January. When the deal was workable in April, they called me and I leased the car. I have heard of people getting excellent lease deals at the end of the year. If you can either get Honda to extend the lease on the Civic to Jan 1st or rent a car for December(there are great deals to be had at rental companies right now) it will give you more leverage. They need to move inventory by year end.

Good Luck!
Old 10-01-2008, 09:49 PM

thanks i mean i am just tired of driving the civic anyway as it was my mothers car but she has already extended her last lease so this is the last one due back dec 1st. still got one more month but dont wanna work myself into a corner and be in need so close to deadline.

my backups are the 335i and worst case look for any car that has like a very short term lease on swapalease or leasetrader.com

with the new 09 3 series models which are pretty different than the 07/08 the 08s are becomign dirt cheap. i've got bmw down to mid 4s on a loaded 335i. veeeeerrrry tempting. i repeat the 335i is now cheaper than the s2000.... scary, but tempting.
Old 10-02-2008, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by Aramism,Oct 2 2008, 12:49 AM
thanks i mean i am just tired of driving the civic anyway as it was my mothers car but she has already extended her last lease so this is the last one due back dec 1st. still got one more month but dont wanna work myself into a corner and be in need so close to deadline.

my backups are the 335i and worst case look for any car that has like a very short term lease on swapalease or leasetrader.com

with the new 09 3 series models which are pretty different than the 07/08 the 08s are becomign dirt cheap. i've got bmw down to mid 4s on a loaded 335i. veeeeerrrry tempting. i repeat the 335i is now cheaper than the s2000.... scary, but tempting.
Dya mind breaking down the BMW lease deal as far as MSRP, cap cost. options, MF, etc.??

I have a 335 and a s2k; I regret getting the 3 in auto for what it's worth.
Old 10-04-2008, 12:18 PM

I also would like to know how you came to $500 lease deal on a fully loaded 2008 335i which you are saying would cost mid 40s with NO money down. Even if that is mid 40s...using the money factor, it is no way <500 a month.

[B][I]36 Month
Old 10-04-2008, 03:52 PM

hey sorry didn't see last post...

on an 08 they are giving me $1000 under invoice since the 09s are fairly redesigned and they are really trying to dump 08s.

i am at a payment of $482 without taxes and $524 with taxes rolled in on a 08 335i sedan with sports package and the dakota leather. i have the option for navi and/or premium package for a bit more but don't really need those as i hate the bmw navigation anyway.

but anyway the adjusted cap cost is 38900 somethign like that i think a bit less. there is a $1000 credit on the car and the residual for a 36 month lease is 56%.

my mistake if i said mid 4's. it is basically in the high 4;'s but about $20 more than an s2000 taxes aside.

and i am paying the security deposit and the bank fee though i heard getting the bank fee waived with bmw is doable however it's not a big deal i'd have to pay bank fee with honda as well. so really the cars are 10k apart in price and $20 a month in payment and the s2000 is a 42 month lease as opposed to 36 for bmw.

not to mention bmw has great sound system (logic 7) better engine, better handling, more practical BUT, my heart still yearns for the pure sports car regardless. so we'll see.

i'm down to $2500 under invoice for the s2000 based on the $2500 honda cash that they are shelling out on MY08s however the steep MF and lower residual is making the payment less attractive.

i am trying to get them to take up my mothers civic it is on an extended lease which expires in december but it has about $1000 worth of body work. scratches, new rear bumper that is turning them off. the bank buyout on the lease is $5650 and the edminds.com/KBB values for a fair condition 2003 civic lx sedan with 53000 miles is 8500. but the dealer is telling me gals (or however you spell it) has them wholesaling the price of the civic at 6800 and the $1000 worth of work basically makes it a wash where there is no equity. so i am gonna take the car to a few used car places and try to see what people are offering for it. i know they retail (03 civics) for like 10 but they are telling me people will wanna pay 8 for it and if they are buying it for 6500 plus putting 1000 worth of work it isnt worth it for them to make $500 on the car.

the $1000 worth of equity would shoot my payment w/o taxes into the high 3s which works for me. so for now i'm trying to figure out a way to get that $1000 to the cap cost somehow. just so you guys know where i'm at.