S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

s2000 lease deals

Old 09-10-2008, 07:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default s2000 lease deals

ok i know that in may/june there was a big deal on the s2k as far as the discounted lease rates on the car and those programs are over. i stil had my old car as it was still under lease and in july i brought it back and it was too late to get the s2k cheap.

sooo now i am faced with the following: there is no lease support from AHFC but there is a $2500 cash back on leases. these were the numbers by the way for anyone who is intrested that i was given by a honda dealer in long island, ny

MF 0.00265
Residual: 47%
Term: 42 months (according to him has the best MF/residual balance)
MSRP: 34,970
Invoice: 31.725
Net Cap Cost: $29,225 (with $2500 cash back)

this is on a 2008 chiacane silver that is sitting in their lot. this brings me into the like 420s or so if i did my math correctly and if i roll taxes in i am looking around 460 a month around. in june i would be paying like 380 with everything in it on a 36 month lease so it's quite the difference.

now i am thinking with the high MF i might be better off either

a) waiting to see if they have a fall special
b) just get another car

ps - i don't want to finance this car or pay cash for it as it would be much more money and for that amount honestly i could get a much better car a on a lease. i do not want to buy this car also because i don't know if i will want to keep it for more than a few years and if i fall in love with it (which i probably will anyway since i've driven a MY00 before and loved how it drove) i will just buy it at lease end. but either way i wouldn't want to make that huge investment and deal with the hassle of selling the car etc. etc. so i am 100% on the lease. if i am going to paying 460 a month for this car i can pay an extra $30 and get a loaded 335i sedan which i'm sorry straight up outperforms this car. my logic in getting the s2000 (i am a big guy, 6'0 195 lbs) is that instead of paying close to $500 for the bmw i wouldn't mind the discomfort since it's a car i've always wanted especially because i would be paying significantly less. now that their monthly payments are separate by a small margin it makes the choice harder.
Old 09-10-2008, 07:46 AM

Seems like BMW is having some nice lease programs on the 335. Fully loaded for less than $500!

If I was in the same position as you, I would get the 335. Besides the handling on the 335, I have nothing to complain.
Old 09-10-2008, 07:57 AM

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I would wait it out if you really want this car. That MF is awful compared to the AHFC specials. Also I am assuming you are not putting any money down for the Lic and fees.

also I don't know if in NY they calculate leases differently than in CA but those numbers are going to be at least 450 a month without tax.

Also what bank is that through? AHFC? I would play around with a 36mos lease and see where that puts you. The residual should be higher and I can't believe that the MF would be much higher.

Good luck
Old 09-10-2008, 08:01 AM

Hey,

Very hard choice. I went to a few honda dealers 2 weeks ago and like you I wanted the deals that they have in June but was denied. My intention was to get a 2 or 3 years lease with no downpayment (since I always change cars after 2 years) but ended up buying an '07 s2000 with 8700 miles. So I am happy for now.

Like you mentioned, the hassle of selling a sports car. I sold my 350z roadster for dirt cheap . I guess the price you pay to enjoy cars.

If you have the patience to wait, there might be a lease deal coming soon.

Tnt
Old 09-10-2008, 08:21 AM

yeah well i mean i could wait but i just turned my last car in in july and i am basically driving my mothers old car because its on an extended lease which expires in december and i can return it at any point so i have until december to get a new car. my mother got a new car thankfully the same month as i returned mine.

yeah i mean except for the roadster/convertible and just overall aesthetic and charm of the car which i am after, there is no logical reason to get the s compared to the 335. bmw has super lease rates, i believe like 0.00046 or something like that which is under 1% on lease on their 3 series and the 335i sedan has a great residual. so for a 335i sedan man trans with navi, premium, sports packages it is under $500 a month with nothing but first and security up front.

s2k is like $30 less with everything rolled in except first months payment and i would just haggle them to eat the bank fee as well so i would be just paying first.

335i is superior car i know both people that own a 07 335i coupe and 08 335i sedan and they both drive great. obviously the couple looks better and handles differently but it's also $100 more and coming from paying $698 on a 2 year 2006 infiniti m45 sport fully loaded lease and with the way gas prices are i want to spend less on a car. i wanted to originally get the audi s5 but the lease programs on those 55-65k sports cars are not what they were years ago. when i got my m45 the sticker was like 61k i believe and i had gotten it $3000 under invoice plus they picked up a $5000 negative equity due to high mileage on a lease i had to turn in early back then so my net cap cost was like 55 or something like that and it had like a 56% residual i believe with a 2% lease rate so considering they picked up my current lease halfway and it was a 2 year lease it was a great deal. but the residuals are shit on new mid level sports cars like s5, m3, etc. so they go for like 900 now which is just stupid. so anyway, bottom line, 335i rips the s2000 with no comparison as far as driving experience, power, handling, or luxury as well as daily driver practicality but there is still a piece of my heart that wants the s2000 despite the logical superiority of the bmw due to the fact i always wanted it. so it's kind of a fight right now between my brain and my heart.

at the same token i fear that if i wait until october for their fall specials they may not have this $2500 cash back on the lease that they have now and the prices will be shot, but i guess at that point i can just spring for the bimmer but i run the risk of the awesome lease programs expiring on that as well.

hmm, i got some thinking to do the next few weeks.
Old 09-10-2008, 09:37 AM

Something to keep in mind, it sucks if you have to get out of your lease. I'm dealing with that now. Leased a 2008 in Feb with the same thinking as you and now found out that I'm moving to Switzerland. As per Honda Finance rules, I cant even take the car with me without getting AHF approval, showing proof of international insurance and 6mos advance on lease payments. to get out of the lease will cost me the residual of the monthly payments totalling about $9,000. You can't transfer leases with Honda Finance, you have to do a lease assumption to someone else while you remain as a guarantor. in hindsight, I wish I had bought the car outright and just had a slightly higher monthly payment. you can negotiate a lower sales price buying it rather than whats in the lease package. Just be as sure as you can that you will be keeping it the entire lease period....it bites if your situation changes.
Old 09-10-2008, 10:07 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Aramism,Sep 10 2008, 08:21 AM
bottom line, 335i rips the s2000 with no comparison as far as driving experience...handling
that's highly debatable

and Beemers are ubiquitous...I'll never drive one for that reason alone
Old 09-10-2008, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by rcman100,Sep 10 2008, 09:37 AM
Something to keep in mind, it sucks if you have to get out of your lease. I'm dealing with that now. Leased a 2008 in Feb with the same thinking as you and now found out that I'm moving to Switzerland. As per Honda Finance rules, I cant even take the car with me without getting AHF approval, showing proof of international insurance and 6mos advance on lease payments. to get out of the lease will cost me the residual of the monthly payments totalling about $9,000. You can't transfer leases with Honda Finance, you have to do a lease assumption to someone else while you remain as a guarantor. in hindsight, I wish I had bought the car outright and just had a slightly higher monthly payment. you can negotiate a lower sales price buying it rather than whats in the lease package. Just be as sure as you can that you will be keeping it the entire lease period....it bites if your situation changes.
well it's not a problem for me since i'm not planning on leaving early.

the car i am driving now in between my last car a month ago and my next car is my mothers 03 civic 4dr which stinks lol however it is on an already extended lease so i can turn it in whenever and just make the payment for that month. so for instance i can turn it in tomorrow but i would be responsible for the september payment. so i won't have that issue. it's just the matter of is the s2000 going to have a better MF down the line before december since my current car is due back dec 1st and no more extensions left on it. (my mother extended her lease 3 times already with AFHC)

so i need to make up my mind by november. i wish there was a way to find out what the october/fall specials will look like. if the s2000 is going to be the same thing it's gonna be a tough call. i might just flip a coin between that and the 335i.

like i said before my friend has a 335i sedan as well and over this past weekend we went out to long island with it and i basically drove it half the time and it is pretty fun to drive and has so much low end torque and that engine really has me half won over but like i said, don't mean to beat a dead horse but i just really have a soft spot for the s2000 so i dunno. anyone with any insight please step up as far as future s programs.

thanks
Old 09-10-2008, 10:25 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Let your Honda dealer know that you are waiting for the "next" factory lease deal and would like to be informed. Maybe they can come up with something, who knows? I wouldn't tell them about the Nov 1 deadline your now dealing with on your present car.
Old 09-10-2008, 12:13 PM

You do realize that 0.00265 is the equiv. to 6.36% ...(?)

Quick Reply: s2000 lease deals