S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

s2000 Haters..

Old 03-14-2005, 06:52 AM
Former Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't know if jealousy is the right word in this case. I also don't think it is fair to classify people as "low-income" just because of the car he/she drives. I do know that most people try to find a way to justify why his/her (most of the time "his" is the proper pronoun ) property is the best because nobody likes to be told he could have done something better, and I'm not saying there are better things than the SRT-4........it could be the end all product for someone. There are tons of S2000 owners on these very boards who will tell you there is nothing better than the S - I'm one of them - but I usually throw in "under $65,000"

Some people like power, some like handling, some like style, and some like to hear a blow off valve at 2 MPH
Old 03-14-2005, 06:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just bought my S2000 a couple of weeks ago. I can say, out of every car I've owned, I've NEVER received as many compliments on my car as I have with this car. Just yesterday I was in a drive through and the cute girl that was helping me was just tripping up over her words the entire time. Finally, she hands me my food and says "By the way, your car is simply beautiful. I love it." I'm sorry that Dodge Neon's and Mustangs don't get that kind of recognition.

As far as speed... Honestly, 0-60 at 5.8 - 6.2 isn't slow by any means. I kept up with a GT the other day just fine. While this is no big feat being that GT's are pretty much over hyped (IMO), you don't hear people making fun of Mustangs since they're considered American Muscle cars.

A lot of elitist muscle car owners make a ton of fun about import cars, period. Especially ones that are hyped as fast. I have a friend that owns a corvette. He's in a domestic muscle car group in his town and they DOG on any import vehicle. When I ask him to explain why he hates imports so much, he can never give a valid and comprehensive reason.

In my opinion, it's a jealousy factor. They choose stock power over looks and now they're wondering why nobody is impressed.
Old 03-14-2005, 07:16 AM

[QUOTE=honda_troll]
[QUOTE=DIE DIE] you are ok but you are WAY WAY to damn cocky lol.. if i were you id take it easy racing for bills cuz you'll meet one of these good drivers from the forums and they will take your next car payment away

I dont care what you say s2k's are slower.. Go check out the thread in the Videos section of everyone posting their stock times.. theres a TON of them at 13.8 and 13.9.. and wheres that vid of the s2k getting ripped apart by an SRT with 4 people in it lol
Old 03-14-2005, 07:34 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Um just like you guys are hating on the SRT, theyre doing the same to the s2k. I was so close to buying a SRT instead of the S, theyre great cars and they serve their purpose just like the S. Calling them poor because they dont have a s2k is just retarded, what a bunch of crap coming from a S owner. Now I know why the other car forums call the S owners cocky.
Old 03-14-2005, 07:52 AM

They are in one group we are in another. People love to hate, being that we are sepperated by a car its a good reason to hate.

The whole domestic v. import devide is funny though. I used to drive a 67' Mustang in Highschool, then picked up the civic for college now trying to sell to get an S.

Until then I hate all you S drivers because I love to hate other groups. Burn in hell!
Old 03-14-2005, 08:06 AM

One thing to remember,
There is always someone faster than you. Doesn't matter what kind of car you drive.

Old 03-14-2005, 08:16 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

[QUOTE=soundzero,Mar 14 2005, 10:06 AM]One thing to remember,
There is always someone faster than you.
Old 03-14-2005, 08:23 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts

Hmmm...maybe s2k owners are a bit cockier than I thought. Yes, 20K for a neon sounds like a lot, but it's still a lot of speed for the dollar.

Anyway, it doesn't make sense to compare a S2K's straight line performance with a neon that was optimized for straight line performance. Given equal drivers, I'm pretty sure a S2K would ruin a SRT-4 on the track (real race track...you know, turns, and not just lefts ). If not, I'd imagine the S2K owner would have more fun. Dyno graphs and 1/4 mile times are just numbers. Spend too much time thinking about it and you'll spend more time modding than driving.

I've done some browsing around some other forums before and it seems that most people do have a respect for s2k's. It was a while ago but I think I checked out the bmw forums, corvette forums, etc. Usually they say honda imports are POS, except for the S. I can relate - I don't like domestics but I can respect a Z06, SRT-4, Cobra, etc.
Old 03-14-2005, 08:57 AM

I always have ppl stop me and ask me what kind of car I have. Don't see too many S2K's everywhere and also they are not publicized as much. To me this makes the car more valuable and attractive, it intrigues ppls interest. As for the neons, lancers, and sti's.....we all know those cars, everyone has seen them over and over again. So its not how fast their car is than ours or what not....its still a boring car. Their just taking pride in their cars as they should. Let 'em be.
Old 03-14-2005, 09:07 AM

the age old "Gets um' wet" factor weighs heavy in my mind at time of purchase. The S performs well in this category.

Quick Reply: s2000 Haters..