S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

s2000 Haters..

Old 03-13-2005, 05:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dude, don't worry about shit like that...all car forums have some hate for all kinds of cars at one point. well, i meant haters, not as in the general forum hates that car. and you should know that of all the forums, the srtforums had the most amount of cocky owners i've ever seen, so don't bother. type in rsx in a bunch of forums and you'll see the same results. or a vw gti, celica, tiburon, anything.
Old 03-13-2005, 05:31 AM

Originally Posted by ikon_vp,Mar 13 2005, 07:00 AM
i understand where all you all are coming from...that is why i bought the car too. i just dont understand where all the animosity from other car enthusiasts are coming from
It's called jealousy!

We all know there are many cars out there that will out perform an S2000 in a straight line. There are also a lot of cars out there, with larger engines that won't. Very few of these will out perform the S2000 in situations that are more than "just" a straight line.

Ultimately, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.

Drive Safe,
Steve R.
Old 03-13-2005, 05:35 AM

Everyone has their own opinions. I personally would never buy a Ford. I think everything that company touches is crap, except maybe the GT. But even the GT falls short of the competition when compared to other cars of the same street price. Who cares what they think? The guy you referred to who loves his 97 Mustang Cobra, probably loves Budweiser and has a girlfriend who's over 200lbs. He needs those large seats and all that horsepower, just to carry the extra weight.
Old 03-13-2005, 05:46 AM

people who feel a need to put down others or other things or cars just to make themselves feel good are LOSERS!!! i have no place them in my life and i ignore them.....they dont warrent any of our attentions...besides, a frigging neon? please!!!!
Old 03-13-2005, 06:09 AM
WPS

that's probably because they like other aspects of a car like drag racing which the s2k isn't. it's a handler which a neon is not as good.
different strokes..
Old 03-13-2005, 07:26 AM

reading thoses threads reminds me of the old saying.."its better to be thought of as a fool, then to open your mouth and leave no doubt"
Old 03-13-2005, 07:27 AM

i don't think it's just our cars that people hate, its typically some closed minded fools that have never experienced anything else. i spent a lot of time over on camaross.com because i used to be a previous f-body (trans am) owner, two in a row to be precise. when i made the decision to hop into an S2000 i received a fair amount of crap from some of the board members but interestingly enough, those that have actually spent some seat time in them had nothing but good things to say! the "hating" is a result of being closed minded and hard core brand loyal. i've never been a ford fan but i can gladly admit that the supercharged 4.6 Cobras are a great car, just not my ultimate cup of tea. i think whoever said jealousy was pretty on the spot too. these may not be 100K dollar cars but even at 30k they are still out of reach for a lot of people, especially your younger crowd which seems to be where no respect is issued.
Old 03-13-2005, 07:39 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I dunno what the big deal is. People tend to hate what they don't have or didn't choose.

As a good example, hop on over to the PS2 and XBOX boards and watch their respective enthusiasts rip on each other.
Old 03-13-2005, 09:21 AM

Well the arguments that these idiots come up with are ridiculous.

First they say our cars are overpriced...but when you compare it to Z4s, Boxsters, SLKs, it is anything but.

They say our car costs so damn much when you can get an SRT4 for so much cheaper? Well you can get a hatchback for so much, build it up and that will be cheaper than an SRT4

People with American cars complain that our engines are so small, thus saying our cars are slow? I can bring up the civic hatchback argument and then their response is, " It's still a Honda piece of shit."

The way I see it....no matter how fast a car is it doesn't make up for how ugly a car is. I rather have the S2000 bone stock rather than a neon, camaro, hatchback, or any ugly car that does 6 second quarter miles.
Old 03-13-2005, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by YeLLoWs2knVA,Mar 13 2005, 10:21 AM

The way I see it....no matter how fast a car is it doesn't make up for how ugly a car is. I rather have the S2000 bone stock rather than a neon, camaro, hatchback, or any ugly car that does 6 second quarter miles.
See some people just don't get that. Being the biggest horsepower monster around isn't what everyone is always going for. The S2k has lines that put most cars to shame, both in styling and performance. But we can't force anyone to have taste.

Quick Reply: s2000 Haters..