S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

s2000 Haters..

Old 03-13-2005, 02:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default s2000 Haters..

i surf on many forums, and tonight i went on random forums and put "s2000" in the search bar...just to pass time. i have come to a conclusion that a lot of other car forums really dislike the s2000, and they use their racing stories against us as if were the bottom of the food chain. i also hear a lot of "overrated", "slow", "cocky owners"...etc. why does everyone hate on our cars because it wasnt designed to "street/drag race?"

im not trying to instigate but i just wanna show an example...these guys really hate our cars http://www.srtforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123343

any input on this guys?
Old 03-13-2005, 02:48 AM
Banned

dodge neon hahahahaahaha
Old 03-13-2005, 03:16 AM

If you like your car, what does it matter what everyone else thinks about.

I get a lot of hate from others for my ride too. You get used to it. The S2K is a brilliant car, some people just need to try one first.
Old 03-13-2005, 03:48 AM

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

I have had a LOT of mussel cars and a few late model performance cars and some Import sports cars as well. From a 55 Buick (MY FIRST RIDE) to many Camaros Mustangs Corvettes.....Small block...Big blocK ect. some with as much as 650 HP.

This is my first Japanese car that I decided to build. The S2K has many great qualities that made me stop and say this is it The car has great lines and when you come up to a light you get noticed. THE CAR HAS SEX APPEL!!! If I wanted a real 1/4 mile car I would have stuck with American Mussel not some econ-o box want a be. You can spend gobs of money on the line up of late modal front wheel drive so called "Fast and Furious" cars and a guy with a Camaro with less than a 1/3 of the money you have in your ride will hand you your a$$ at the end of the line.

As it was said by Billy Crystal (Firnando's hide a way) "It is better to look good than to feel good") I love the S2000, it just looks good
Old 03-13-2005, 04:00 AM

i understand where all you all are coming from...that is why i bought the car too. i just dont understand where all the animosity from other car enthusiasts are coming from
Old 03-13-2005, 04:02 AM

Originally Posted by kevieeroh,Mar 13 2005, 06:48 AM
dodge neon hahahahaahaha
Chicks do not dig four door old man econ-o box cars.
When was the last time you saw a little kid plaster them self up to the window of his mom's car to get a better look at a neon or a Lancer at a light? PLEASE.....
Old 03-13-2005, 04:03 AM

wow......

Don't worry about it, in the "real world" our cars are highly respected (I had folks in a 'Vette, Boxster & Jag compliment my car just yesterday) Internet forums are chock full of folks that spout off on all sorts of things they have no idea about. Hell, I question if more than half of them even have a license most of the time.
Old 03-13-2005, 04:19 AM

Originally Posted by tkeedy,Mar 13 2005, 08:03 AM
wow......

Don't worry about it, in the "real world" our cars are highly respected (I had folks in a 'Vette, Boxster & Jag compliment my car just yesterday) Internet forums are chock full of folks that spout off on all sorts of things they have no idea about. Hell, I question if more than half of them even have a license most of the time.
So true!!!!
If you get the chance to go out on a saturday night, go to were the racers hang out. There are a lot of guys that have no car there, just there with some one that gave them a ride in there car. they are the ones that run there mouth
Old 03-13-2005, 04:37 AM

Who the hell would want to be seen in a Dodge Neon anyways? Name it a srt-4 or whatever but it's still a Neon. Come on, if you offered an srt-4 driver the choice between the Neon or the s2k at the same price...Which one do you think he'd really pick? lol. I'm gonna end by quoting John Travolta from the movie Be Cool. "If you're important you don't need to be fast, people will wait for you". I think that was it.
Old 03-13-2005, 05:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i've seen srt-4's with 400hp. big turbos, huge FMIC's, loud ass BOV's,
pricey suspension setups, spray, the whole lot.

um, wait. they still have roofs. damn.

i used to have one. ask any srt guy to take a high speed turn and live
to tell about it - they'll just disregard you and keep flaming about how
fast their car is on a straight. thats why i sold mine. sure fine 13.8
isnt insanely fast anymore but where else will you get a 13 second
rwd 4 cyl that gets 28mph, corners better than some porsches. and has an electric top? um..........

Quick Reply: s2000 Haters..