S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

S2000 got hit

Old 10-29-2001, 06:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

S2000PILOT,

I feel for you...my Tundra got pegged in the right rear quarter panel by a hit and run driver last Thursday. Fortunately the damage is just cosmetic, but I sure wish I could find the a**hole who hit it.
Old 10-29-2001, 07:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I feel for you, here is a good one though. ten days ago I washed and waxed my S. Then I had to loan it to my wife for ten days while she got her prelude fixed. When I got it back the top was scratched from where she tried to clean off bird shit, she drug the from spoiler AND curbed both right rims. DOH!
Old 10-29-2001, 07:37 PM
SaV

I had my car repaired at Cars Dawydiak and they do an impeccable job. Be happy knowing that your car is being repaired by a group of professionals.
Old 10-30-2001, 03:32 PM

It sucks what happened to your car. I'd definitely upgrade the horn to some air horns. I did this a while back and it really gets people's attention. People are really startled when they hear how loud the horns are. Good luck with the repairs.
Old 11-23-2001, 04:59 PM

Same issue here. Just finished my final coating for winter storage and took a drive for coffee this afternoon. The weather was gorgeous in MI today by the way. A Moran, not only an idiot, he seem to be deaf, pulled out his old piece of junk truck from parking spot and hit passenger side of my innocent car stopping for red light. About an inch of my rear quater panel edge above the wheel went in. After 3 hours of cleaning and waxing, my baby got knocked. Any suggestion guys?
Old 11-23-2001, 09:46 PM

Dude that sucks man I sure hope you got that guys insurance info. Well if it went in about an inch I think you should have the whole quarter panel repaced. Trust me, you do not want any body filler on your car. Just make sure you find a good body shop. Your car is supposed to be repaired to its original condition. If its not then you have a problem. Good Luck!!
Old 11-24-2001, 12:04 AM

Sorry to hear about it. Some people just don't pay attention at all. If this is a concern for others (damage that is) look around for a body shop you can trust BEFORE the problem arises. Saves a lot of frustration.

I totally agree, i would want mature adults doing the work on the car, not some teenages being paid under the table. I feel the same way about audio upgrades too.
Old 11-24-2001, 08:15 AM

I have his insurance info, but only $500 will come out from his pocket and my insurance has to cover the rest. Isn't it something about No-fault State law?
I was searching online for known recommended place in MI. I definitely don't want any body filler. Thanks for sharing your thought guys.
Old 11-24-2001, 10:12 AM

If he is the one that backed into your car I think he is totally at fault. How can you be at fault if your car isnt even moving. I think you should talk to your insurance.
Old 11-24-2001, 10:31 AM

You are right. But in MI, my insurance has to pay for collision damage regardless of whose fault. I just learnt that yesterday from my Insurance. I was confused myself too. Oh well.

Quick Reply: S2000 got hit