S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

S2000 got hit

Old 10-28-2001, 07:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S2000 got hit

Last night I was waiting in line to get into the local 7-11 parking lot. I noticed a toyota tercel parked to my right and the driver was in the car, I was thinking if this person didint see me he will hit my car if he backed out, then I noticed he put his car in reverse and started to back up. I then honked him and tried to back up but there was another car behind me waiting to get into the parking lot also. Well this idiot hit my front bumper and right fender. I was furious after that. He then got out of his car and said that there was nothing wrong with my car. I told him that there was damage done. He wouldnt give me his insurance information untill I used my phone and starting dialing for the police. But anyways I really didint want my car to be repainted in anyway at all. luckly the damage is very minor and can be repaired very easily. I would hate it if I have had to change the fender because a replacement would not have the original VIN# on it. My bumper also needs to be repainted. Im just pissed that some idiot can put their car in reverse and not look at where their car is backing into . Well on monday I will bring my car to My local BMW body shop and get a estimate.

I am a damage appraiser for insurance companies who do not have their own appraisers and I have seen alot of body shops and their work. I have found out that most body shops do terrible work and do not have updated painted booths. I like body shops at dealers because I think that they are alot more clean and dont have teenagers working on your car. I chose shops where they have mature adults that wont race your car around the block everytime they are asked to move your car. Anyways I hope this doesnt happend to anyone else.
Old 10-28-2001, 08:00 AM

Bummer -

Everyday seems to be filled with trying experiences the cause of which are incredibly stupid people. The fact that natural selection no longer applies to the human race can only mean that more and more of these "idiots" are going to surround us. (OUCH!)

Love the " Darwin Awards" web site!
Old 10-28-2001, 08:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear! That must have been like slow motion torture. Knowing you can't back up to get out of the way and not having another option other than waiting to get hit. UGH!
Old 10-28-2001, 08:31 AM

Might I suggest some Hella airhorns? Best $20 you could spend on the car!
Old 10-28-2001, 09:26 AM

You should go to Lafrano on Divisadero. I brought my A4 there when somebody decided to drive in my lane when I was in it and crunched the front left fender, the bumper cover, the lights, etc.

They did a great job. Can't even tell that anything was every replaced (oh btw the replaced all parts with OEM new ones, no bondo job)

J
Old 10-28-2001, 10:42 AM

The damage on the fender is very minor. I would like to have my fender replaced but my main concern is that when the fender is replaced the VIN# sticker on the fender will be missing. These tags cannot be replaced, and the value of my car will be greatly depreciated . Im just so upset right now about the whole thing. Now im debating if I should have the fender replaced or to have it repaired . I think I will come to a decision some time next week. I have only had this car since June and it only has 4K miles on it. It was perfect before this and now im going to have it repainted. This is not a very good experience at all. I hope all you guys be careful out there, there are plenty of idiots.
Old 10-29-2001, 09:35 AM

Go talk to the guys at Lafrona. They were very helpful with my Audi. To me it was better they replace everything with new parts since it's a leased car and I don't have to worry about it other than droping it off at Audi in 12mo.

J
Old 10-29-2001, 09:57 AM

gotta hate idiots like that

some people shouldn't be driving
Old 10-29-2001, 05:28 PM

I have decided to get my car repaired at Cars Dawydiak at Franklin and Bush in San Francisco. I went there today and the guy told me he could help me replace the fender and also transfer the VIN#sticker onto the new fender. This place sells fine exotic cars, Porsches, MG's Ferrari's ETC. The body shop is part of the dealership. I took a quick look at their shop and it looked great, very clean and professional. I saw a Ferrari being repaired there and they told me that they had just repaired a S2000 not that long ago. Im probably going to drop the car off tomorrow. I will post pics of the repair results after I get the car back.
Old 10-29-2001, 06:02 PM
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

My car has been hit twice. The first time, which was about two months after buying the car, was at a mall and I was waiting to exit the parking structure, in a line that put me in a row of parked cars. A lady got into her car with me behind her and proceeded to back into my passenger side door. Her excuse: "I didn't hear you pull up behind me". I almost lost it; thank god the mall security walked up right about then. I just wish the gov't would take away the licenses of all people not qualified to be driving. It would take care of all of our traffic problems. Good luck with your repairs.

Quick Reply: S2000 got hit