S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

S2000 Discussion over on Miata.net

Old 11-15-2006, 08:58 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

consider that the poster on miata.net put up his/her post on the miata forums... isnt it kinda obvious what car he/she is leaning towards?
sheesh... obviously everyone's gonna go "buy the miata" and the ppl here are gonna go "buy an s2k"

and i agree with sodaking663rd... miata is fun daily driver, but s2 is just much faster, sleeker, and it just handles better. only negative thing i have to say about the s2k is that it doesnt have as much get up and go as the miata
Old 11-15-2006, 02:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Saki GT,Nov 15 2006, 05:43 PM
I'm referring to the space around the passengers like shoulder room and leg room where the S just feels roomier, and the space you can use in the roof well when the top is up so you get more volume than just the trunk. I know the dimensions are very similar, but sit in both cars back to back and the S feels like the bigger car. The seat doesn't go back far enough for me in the Miata, so it makes me feel cramped.
Man- I couldn't disagree more. You can put stuff in same area when the Miata's top is up(and without rollhops in the way if it is the previous generation car). From the drivers seat there is more hip/knee/headroom on the Miata as well. The only area the Miata falls short in is legroom and it isn't much difference either.
2007 S2K 2006 MX-5 2005 Miata
Headroom: 34.6" 37.4" 37.1"
Legroom 44.3" 43.1" 42.7"
Hiproom: 49.8" 50.6" 49.2"
Shoulder room: 50.7" 53.2" 49.7"
Volume: 44.8ft3 46ft3 46ft3
Old 11-15-2006, 02:49 PM

Received 215 Likes on 148 Posts

Yeah... like I said...
Old 11-15-2006, 03:21 PM

The main reason the S has always grabbed my attention, is the sexy looks, the miata does nothing for me, too "cute", as many say not to say the
S is "manly", also like the fact that the S2K's are kind of rare, at least here, I see miatas everyday, and rarely see S's... I love my S2K
Old 11-16-2006, 09:45 AM

Climb into the S2000 and one singular word best describes it. "Focused".

very well put

Anyway ... didn't smell any bashing ...
Old 11-16-2006, 10:34 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah there was the one guy who was talking so much misinformation that it made my brain hurt, other than that, no real bashing.
Old 11-16-2006, 12:18 PM

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Interesting you just don't see at either forum any threads asking for a trade of S2000 to a miata. You also don't see any threads with a comparision of the Miata to more expensive cars, like you do with the S, whose numbers rival cars costing thousands more.

At Miata.net you get respect from those who know what a S2000 is, have one , or have spent time with one. You even see folks saying that would honestly trade for one or hope to own one some day, and you just don't see the opposite that here or there...which brings me back to my point....

The Honda is more desireable, yet not owned by as many, bashed by those who are not familar with it, and the one many would want to own someday.

I have owned the NA and NB miata and have said many times the miata is a car that is the most fun you can have for the least money...I often thought of mods to make it handle and go better as stock is was just adequate...The honda is just more of what the miata offers, and is better built. i am soooo satisfied with this car and it is virtually a stock...stook
Old 11-16-2006, 06:00 PM

I thought they Miata folks were pretty complimentary to the S2000. I like the Miata, but I like the performance level of the S better. Since I got a very late start in life with roadsters , I started with the S. I'm happy.
Old 11-16-2006, 11:29 PM

ok.

how many of you get a tad offended when somebody asks you if your car is a miata?

i know i do a bit.

it has nothing to do with car performance or car potential, its because our car costs more money.

nobody wants to get ripped off. mazda owners stand by thier car because it was a bargain, and a performance bargain if you look at the miatas potential.

but at the same time, how many miata owners have people jaw drop and mouth drool over thier cars?.....not many. i live in south carolina, there are not many s2k owners here, so i feel very exclusive driving mine, yet i see a handful of miatas on a daily bassis, and to be honest i could give a damn how many after market parts they have in thier car cause i dont autocross. I love the s2k's high redline, i think the power if fine, low torque doesnt bother me, all my friends are jealous, i love the jealous hate from co workers.

anyone here that says that its not a status symbol is a liar, otherwise we wouldnt keep our cars looking nice with volk rims, hard tops, new badges, no badges...etc..etc..etc

life is all about personal gain, not bargains, other wise id buy my clothes from dollar general and get my haircut at supercuts.

final thought.

if everything in the world were free and your option was an s2k, or a miata, which would you choose?

i know what i would pick......

Old 11-18-2006, 06:47 AM

Well... everything in cheaper in the Miata. For those who can't afford the S2000, I guess the next step down is just the Miata.

Quick Reply: S2000 Discussion over on Miata.net