S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

s2000 as DD

Old 10-03-2007, 09:22 AM

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

I wish it was a bit bigger... Well, just the seat travel longer...
Old 10-03-2007, 09:53 AM

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

There's space, and there's space. Do I wish the car had a couple more inches of shoulder room? Absolutely. But do I wish it had a back seat? Never. Personally, I needed a car that could take 1 person with a golf bag and duffle bag on a trip, or two people with a few duffle bags. The S works fine for that. If you need more space than that, you won't be happy with it. But only you can determine your needs. I have access to a small fleet of SUVs and minivans for when the S is too small, but if you don't have that, maybe you'll be annoyed every time you want to buy a new TV or futon, I dunno. But the thing is, only you can answer that question, because it has really less to do with the car and more to do with your lifestyle/situation.
Old 10-03-2007, 11:32 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I DD mine, but my commutes are either short (<30 minutes) or leisurely. No issues with the space; my wife has a Honda Element and I can borrow that when I need to fill more than the trunk of the S.

That being said, I can't carry passengers. I don't care, but my brother likes to have friends with him when we go places on the weekends, and would rather drive a beater 4 seater than a sports car and not be with the friends.

Also, if you're in high school, be careful--if you get a really nice car, you'll be pretty pissed if/when it gets keyed or backed into in the parking lot. And rightfully so.
Old 10-03-2007, 11:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm 19 and I love the s2000. It is my daily driver. You only need two seats, one for you and one for a girl.
Old 10-03-2007, 11:38 AM

I sometimes whish I had more cargo space. I like to go shooting and none of the rifles fit in the S (unless there upfront , which takes up passenger space)

So unless I have another vehicle going or we take my ladies car I usually just take the handguns.

The interior space is fine and having access to friends cars and my ladies car makes the cargo space pretty much a non-issue for me.
Old 10-03-2007, 11:38 AM

That is the first question BEFORE you buy the car. If it has enough room for you, you buy it and you dont complain about it.

There are too many other cars/trucks out there that you can stuff 6-7+ friends with you if you care.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:08 PM

I don't understand people who wants to pay more $10K for 100K+ mileage S2000, especially high schoolers or early college students.

I mean why would you pay so much money for 7+ years old car that's already beaten to death? Looking cool doesn't worth paying $10k.

If you are looking for the old S2k for the budget reason, you won't be able to afford tires that you will have to change more frequently than other cars and it's pretty expensive. And make sure it only gets low 20mpg, and it needs plus at the minimum.

It will eventually get over your head and you will be wasted.

Anyways, as far as the DD issue goes, I DD my car to work (wall street NYC=nastiest traffic) but I do fine.

I have been DD my car to the city for 2 years now all year around, rain or snow, I never had any problem. I love every second in my car, room is spacious enough for me and trunk is also fine for me.
Lotus Elise is something that is hard to consider as DD because of its size but S2k is perfectly fine.

Only time I missed 4 seater car was when I couldn't continue on the intimate business with this girl, but bj is doable.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:11 PM

Mine is a DD and it is just fine for me. I test drove it and that sold me on it. I drive to and from work every day and I smile all the time. Its not just getting there but how you get there.
Do not expect to make out in the car, that has already been explored and it is not very convinient for that. But it will help in picking up chicks.
Old 10-03-2007, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by nightcrawler7188,Oct 2 2007, 11:05 PM
yes, the trunk is A LOT more useful than you'd think. i've filled it up nicely with: groceries, books, clothes, a supercharger/aftercooler, and even an S2000 transmission--pic available upon request
I need to see
Old 10-03-2007, 12:19 PM
Js2

I guess it comes down to learn to cope with things. you cant have everything you want so you have to sacrifice some for other.

you should also be looking around for 2nd options and 3rd. the first car i wanted to buy was an evo 9 mr. 2nd choice is s2000. and i got the s... soo you never know. ^^

Quick Reply: s2000 as DD