S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

s2000 as DD

Old 10-02-2007, 06:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm 25, and I got my S2000 in may? June? Space was an issue when I was shopping around for a car, but now that I have an s2k, no regrets. F' the passengers. Generally, if I have more than one passenger, I'm going on a trip of some sort (be it dinner, movies, etc), then one of them is going to probably have a 4-door vehicle.

But if you're in HS, and many of your friends don't even have cars yet....then yeah maybe you should hold off on the S2000. When I was in HS, I drove a minivan.

Other than that...no offense, but if I had kids, I probably wouldn't even want to spoil my HS kid and get him an S2k. If he paid for it himself...then maybe. This car isn't going to coddle you. If i had to spoil my kid, I'd rather get him a C class mercedes if I were some wealthy nut.
Old 10-02-2007, 06:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CKit,Oct 2 2007, 06:23 PM
Answer = No.
Answer from most of the people who have stayed with the S2000 for more than 1 year = No.

We're just giving advice. The people who start out with concerns for space, comfort, luxury, dragstrip times, etc... usually wind up with an S2000 for a few months, then trade it for an Evo / WRX / M3 / IS350, etc.

Either you're hardcore and wouldn't care if you had to wedge into a shoebox and daily drive this thing... or it's a weekend "fun" car and you don't care if it's cozy....

But from seeing lots of people come and go off the site in the last few years, the people who only have one car and don't eat / sleep / breathe S2000 usually wind up trading it in after a short period of time.

I know you guys are just giving advice.

I'm pretty sure he's just concerned if the space is TOO small for DD.
For anyone to be shopping for a s2000, they obviously love the car for what it is. Someone who just does 30 minute track session with their S on the weekends probably have a completely different judgement on the space of the seats as opposed to somebody who dailys theirs.

Thanks for the info for us newbies though.
Old 10-02-2007, 06:45 PM

I semi daily mine, I switch off from my camry during the week. And space was never an issue for me. I put about 1100 miles a month on average ... the only thing I have an issue with is my bad driving that I wish to improve one day, and my ass falls asleep sometimes
Old 10-02-2007, 06:58 PM
Js2

Well i think i should congratulate you that you get the S so early on.. be happy for him ppl... who would let go the chance of owning the S early on, if you really like the car... ^^

I think it is very stereotype that most adults think HS kids who get sports car are spoiled. When i was in high school i knew a few people who were damn rich, most of them are spoiled (yes this is where the stereotype comes in) and act like they are the sh$T. But i also knew a few who really have nice attitude and not spoiled.

Being given a luxury is a blessing, however it is up to the invidividual to appreciate what is there for them.
Old 10-02-2007, 07:05 PM

I got my S when I was in highschool and don't regret it a bit. I looked at a ton of cars and loved the S2000 the best. If you like driving then you will love the S if not then there are more practical cars from getting from point a to point b. I was worried about only two seats too, and to be honest it has been an issue a few times but someone else usually has a bigger car and I'm really happy with it. Actually the trunk has held everything I have asked it to so far. One trip back home me and my 250 pd friend drove back with over a weeks worth of laundry our school bags and laptops and everything fit (barely) and it was a comfortable trip home. Sorry for the rambling. Hope this helps.
Old 10-02-2007, 07:12 PM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

I daily drive mine. I'm in high school. It works for me. Its a chick magnet.
Old 10-02-2007, 07:18 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I, for one, don't complain about the S2000 not having as much room as an Excursion. If you are concerned about space, then this is not the car for you. I pretty much DD mine, but I don't have space issues.
Old 10-02-2007, 07:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sprix!,Oct 2 2007, 07:18 PM
I, for one, don't complain about the S2000 not having as much room as an Excursion. If you are concerned about space, then this is not the car for you. I pretty much DD mine, but I don't have space issues.
You're sort of contradicting yourself here.

You say if you have space issues, this isn't the car for you.
Then you proceed to saying that you're fine with the space. Are you referring to SPACE or the back seats?

I just found it funny, do not mean to offend in any way.
Old 10-02-2007, 07:41 PM

Thanks alot you guys...

I really want to get a '00 white s2000.
The white is amazing.

Also by the time I get my car basically everyone will be driving so it won't be that big of a deal, AND my mom has an expedition so I could take her car if I really needed to haul people around haha
Old 10-02-2007, 07:51 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i STILL don't understand why people flame people asking questions like this. he wants the car, and he wants to know what it's like with 2 seats...just answer his question.. it's not up to you to say that the S isn't for him, he's trying to decide that for himself.

dpc1192, i got my S in the beginning of my senior year in high school as well. i found it small, but it fit me like a glove, so that connecting with the car and really feeling the road was easy. it's what makes the S2000 an S2000. i don't think you'll get F-ed up with 2 seats like you ask. i moved to my S from an MDX, so i got rid of all the people asking for rides on a daily basis, and it made driving much more enjoyable. and when people actually got to sit in it or ride with me, they felt like it was a privilege and they really appreciated it.

Quick Reply: s2000 as DD