S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

s2000 as DD

Old 10-04-2007, 07:51 PM
bky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This question comes up a lot, and it's really a lifestyle question for the potential buyer should be asking himself. It's really hard for anyone else, who probably has a considerably different lifestyle of a HS student, to answer this question with any relevance.

I will say this: I don't want my S2000 to have any more room inside if it means the weight or exterior size would increase.
Old 10-04-2007, 08:59 PM

I got my s in my senior year of high school (one of 4 at my school), and I am currently a freshman in college. And, yes, it is my daily driver. For the most part, the s has been a fairly practical car; you would be amazed how much stuff you can fit inside it with clever packing. Most of my friends have sedans or trucks, so I ride with them if I need to. However, most of the time I don't have the need to transport more than one other person anyway. But, then again, I guess things are different when you are young.
A word of advice though, the S requires A LOT of self-restraint for anyone, especially a young driver, so treat it with the respect that it deserves.
And by the way, I paid for my MY04 all by myself, cash, and pay for 1/2 of insurance, just in case anyone thinks I am just some spoiled rich kid.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:01 PM

I have no problems with the space -- but my car is so low I scrape on a lot of things and I have to be quite careful with where I drive. It is lowered.. and I LOVE the look and handling, but debating raising it back up for practicality.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MADANT15,Oct 4 2007, 08:59 PM
I got my s in my senior year of high school (one of 4 at my school), and I am currently a freshman in college. And, yes, it is my daily driver. For the most part, the s has been a fairly practical car; you would be amazed how much stuff you can fit inside it with clever packing. Most of my friends have sedans or trucks, so I ride with them if I need to. However, most of the time I don't have the need to transport more than one other person anyway. But, then again, I guess things are different when you are young.
A word of advice though, the S requires A LOT of self-restraint for anyone, especially a young driver, so treat it with the respect that it deserves.
And by the way, I paid for my MY04 all by myself, cash, and pay for 1/2 of insurance, just in case anyone thinks I am just some spoiled rich kid.
Really? Why is self restraint needed? There's not that much torque, and it's not that fast. I mean evo yeah but s2000?
Old 10-04-2007, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by hellspare,Oct 4 2007, 09:04 PM
Really? Why is self restraint needed? There's not that much torque, and it's not that fast. I mean evo yeah but s2000?
you still...you need self restraint with just about any car...unless you want to get into an accident
Old 10-04-2007, 09:15 PM

Originally Posted by hellspare,Oct 4 2007, 09:04 PM
Well, I don't know what cars you are used to, but I started driving on a 2002 4 cyl Camry, so the s2000 is pretty damn quick in comparison, especially in the twisties. Also, especially with ap1s, the s can be tail happy at its limit, and since there are no driver aids save abs (<06), this can be disastrous for an unexperienced driver. I am just speaking from experience, as I had a close call in a round-a-bout only a few weeks after getting my car. Also, I know young drivers are more tempted to race quite often, so if you do chose to do so, please be smart about it; the import scene doesn't need anymore bad publicity or dead 17 year olds...
Old 10-04-2007, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by MADANT15,Oct 4 2007, 09:15 PM
Well, I don't know what cars you are used to, but I started driving on a 2002 4 cyl Camry, so the s2000 is pretty damn quick in comparison, especially in the twisties. Also, especially with ap1s, the s can be tail happy at its limit, and since there are no driver aids save abs (<06), this can be disastrous for an unexperienced driver. I am just speaking from experience, as I had a close call in a round-a-bout only a few weeks after getting my car. Also, I know young drivers are more tempted to race quite often, so if you do chose to do so, please be smart about it; the import scene doesn't need anymore bad publicity or dead 17 year olds...
very well put
Old 10-05-2007, 06:25 AM

If your friends have cars then no problem. but I wouldn't recommend it as a DD if you have snowy winters unless you can used your mom's car everytime it snows. If it doesn't snow there then go for it.
I live in the east coast and there are many situations, well not many but still, where I need back seats..I'm selling mine and will be buying a bigger and more practical car. I do love the S and will miss it so much but not a good DD honestly..
I don't know about other people but after a while I felt like I was in a nutshell and wished the car was little bigger and more comfortable but that's just me. Think twice before you buy it..I'm not saying don't buy it but just think about the future and then make you decision and have some experience with the car before you buy it...cars aren't cheap especially with insurance. GL
Old 10-05-2007, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by hellspare,Oct 2 2007, 10:14 PM
You guys always do this. Whenever somebody posts a topic about their concerns about a s2000 you guys always tell them to get something else and that it's not for them.

Cmon the guy is just asking if any of you s2000 owners feel that you have too little space. Just answer his question.

Dpc, I don't have one yet and I have similar concerns.
Yes of course there are times when I wish I had more space with the s2k, but if that had been a real concern before I bought it, I wouldn't have a roadster. When I really need more space I still have the Rodeo, or my wife's Maxima.
Old 10-05-2007, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by nightcrawler7188,Oct 4 2007, 07:08 PM
if you don't like the step father, that sounds awesome!
You should already know I don't lol

Quick Reply: s2000 as DD