S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

S2000 as a daily driver????

Old 11-18-2001, 09:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by bguernsey
[B]

haha, you sound like the people who told my father his 1965 convertible Corvette wasn't going to increase in value.
Old 11-18-2001, 09:55 PM

I thought "S2000" = Sport 2.000 liter engine. Just like MB uses the engine size for the name of the car, C240 = 2.4 liter...etc.... I may be wrong.
Old 11-18-2001, 09:55 PM

I agree. I'm going to buy a car to drive and have fun in, not put in a climate controlled garge with some sort of micro-filtration to keep out any impurities. The S2K may very well go up in value, but by the time it does I'll be much older, probably driving a family sedan with kids, and concerned with the price of Huggies as opposed to a locked away S2K.
Old 11-18-2001, 10:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by carlson
I thought "S2000" = Sport 2.000 liter engine. Just like MB uses the engine size for the name of the car, C240 = 2.4 liter...etc.... I may be wrong.
Thats right...but it was no coincidence that it was produced for the model-Year 2000 as a 50th Anniversary vehicle. That alone should increase its long term value among the Sxxx series.

-B
Old 11-18-2001, 10:33 PM

[B]

Thats right...but it was no coincidence that it was produced for the model-Year 2000 as a 50th Anniversary vehicle.
Old 11-18-2001, 10:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by carlson

Man, u still awake? Go drive your S2000 now while there is no traffic and tar/cement trucks. In fact, I just went for a ride earlier, practicing my heel/toe cornering.
hahaha lol

Contrary to belief, I drive the car pretty much every weekend and in the evenings at times during the week, but I am getting ready to prep it for Winter and it probably will remain in storage on jack stands while I drive the '90 Celica AWD this winter. I tried taking the S2000 out 1 time in the snow, just for fun. I got out of my driveway very slowly and once the car got in the snow in front of my house it just slid off in a random direction under any amount of power until it gently tapped the curb. I was lucky to get it back in the garage hahaha.

-B
Old 11-19-2001, 02:08 AM

I think the original post is asking about the feasability of using the S2000 as a daily driver. ie whether seats are comfortable, the relatively low torque bothers us in traffic etc. Not about collectibility. And the fact that the original thread starter is willing to buy a current production new S2000 or a used one with 10k miles even though it's a 2000 model proves this. Arguing about the collectibility is a merit point but I doubt that is what Zoominglude is looking for. You can dig up some old threads where people has already argued about this.

To contribute:
I have a 2000 model S2000 and I drive it everyday. The car is holding up very well, wear and tear is minimal and no mechanical problems so far. That shows quality so don't worry about the reliability. There is very low maintainance involved. The seats provides very good bolsters and is comfortable even on long trips. Driving it in trafiic is a pain though but I think that is the case with most manual cars.
Old 11-19-2001, 05:44 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

[B]

hahaha lol

Contrary to belief, I drive the car pretty much every weekend and in the evenings at times during the week, but I am getting ready to prep it for Winter and it probably will remain in storage on jack stands while I drive the '90 Celica AWD this winter.
Old 11-19-2001, 06:29 AM

Other than "its not a 60s Vette" ; If keeping this car in a garage and risk the next 20 years to see its value to go up (which I highly doubt since its just a Honda) instead of have fun with it for yourself (coz you only live once), than by all means, go for it.

20 years later, if the value doesnt go up because electric cars would be buzzing everywhere, and still, the Vette is on the top of the collector's list, even if you have the lowest miles, with a nice paint job, but you probably can't take it out anymore because of its pollution standard violation by then ........ what are you gonna say to yourself. Should've .... Could've ...... but never would've.

Look at the NSX, for a decade, there are only 2 models worthy for collection, the Zanardi Edition, and the NSX-R which is not sold in the states.
Old 11-19-2001, 06:37 AM

To all,

Gosh.. please... guys... ya'll live only once alrighty? For those who believe in reincarnation... in your next life you might be a squirrel that gets squashed by a flaming Spa Yellow S2000.. hehe.

It's a car. Buy it. Drive it. Live life the way it's supposed to be. At the same time, try to take care of the vehicle. I really don't see a point in you guys talking over the increase in value of the MY2000 S2000. The F50 Ferrari might be more worth the discussion since it's rare and extremely expensive.

Anyway, needed to vent a tiny bit cuz I can't stand it sometimes.

As for the original thread, if I end up with an S2000, yes it will be my daily driver.

Jimmy

Quick Reply: S2000 as a daily driver????