S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

S2000 as a daily driver????

Old 11-18-2001, 05:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I drive mine every single day, and have a hard time NOT driving it. I bought it to drive it and enjoy it, not to make it a "garage queen". I park under a covered garage at work, but even if I didn't, I'd still drive it to work. I started a thread on this topic a couple weeks ago
Reasons why the S2K is the perfect daily driver

I love my S and want to drive it as much as I can!
Old 11-18-2001, 09:04 AM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LOL!!! I'm married and have an S2000!!!

Actually, I had a '00 Accord Coupe EXVL (loved this car) when I got the '00 Berlina Black/Red S2000 as a "second car."

Never happened! I drove the S2000 everywhere! The Accord Coupe just sat at home and only on the "ugliest" of days, would I take the Accord Coupe. . .so it's no surprise that when the Coupe came up on it's lease, I turned it in and decided I would keep the S2000 as my daily driver. So would come the day that I traded my '00 S2000 for the '02 model and I am one VERY happy S2000 daily driver!

Like Moonpie says. . .I could'nt drive anything else!

When my wife and I go out to dinner, I hate to drive her Accord. Don't get me wrong, we have a nice Accord Sedan EXVL, also! But it's no S2000!

I never regret having the S2000 as my daily driver. . .it's great on gas and very nimble through traffic. I have lots of power and it's an impressive car! Sure, sometimes I can't take more than one person to lunch. . .but I look at that as a positive thing!
Old 11-18-2001, 09:14 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Young guy who just bought his first pride & joy (a Hyundai Accent) says: "This car is too special to me. I won't drive it daily. I don't want to get it dinged and park it outside all day. I'll drive my POS Lada."

Another guy who just bought his first pride & joy (a Honda Civic Type R) says: "This car is too special to me. I won't drive it daily. I don't want to get it dinged and park it outside all day. I'll drive my POS Hyundai Accent."

Yet another guy who just bought his pride & joy (a Honda S2000) says: "This car is too special to me. I won't drive it daily. I don't want to get it dinged and park it outside all day. I'll drive my POS Honda Civic."

Guy who just bought his pride & joy (a BMW M3) says: "This car is too special to me. I won't drive it daily. I don't want to get it dinged and park it outside all day. I'll drive my POS S2000."

Fellow with his pride & joy (an NSX) says: "This car is too special to me. I won't drive it daily. I don't want to get it dinged and park it outside all day. I'll drive my POS BMW M3."

Guy with his pride & joy (a Ferrari Modena) says: "This car is too special to me. I won't drive it daily. I don't want to get it dinged and park it outside all day. I'll drive my POS NSX."

Then the guy with his pride & joy (a Mclaren F1) says: "This car is too special to me. I won't drive it daily. I don't want to get it dinged and park it outside all day. I'll drive my POS Ferrari."

Everything is relative. Get over it. I drive mine everyday, everywhere. I get dings in it and I fix the bad ones. It gets bird crap on it and it gets rained on and it gets snowed on. I shine it up whenever I can and I look after it as best I can. My previous big buck cars still looked like new when I got rid of them. From the way some of you guys talk, you may as well put it up on a pedestal and vacuum pack it. Go out once in a while and sit behind the wheel and make engine noises 'cause you wouldn't want to risk cold start damage. You, too, park it all day but only it's at home. What a waste but it's your car and you do whatever you think is best for you. Don't begrudge the rest of us who use it as daily transportation. This doesn't mean we appreciate our car any less.
Old 11-18-2001, 10:02 AM

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by xviper
[B]...Everything is relative.
Old 11-18-2001, 10:39 AM

The S2000 sucks as a daily driver in a region that has all four seasons.
Old 11-18-2001, 10:47 AM

xviper: how true are the words though hath spake
Old 11-18-2001, 10:56 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by xviper
[B]
Guy who just bought his pride & joy (a BMW M3) says:
Old 11-18-2001, 11:03 AM

I use mine as a daily driver trough all four seasons,from +35c in the summer to -20c in the winter,works just fine.
(what is that in F?)
The car is always fun to drive,no matter what kind of traffic/weather.

Jonas
Old 11-18-2001, 11:29 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by 01s2k
[B]I use mine as a daily driver trough all four seasons,from +35c in the summer
Old 11-18-2001, 11:45 AM

Great posts guys! I mostly agree. If I take the plunge and get an S2K I'm going to enjoy the hell out of it. Unfortunately, my apartment complex doesn't have covered parking but I'm a freak anyway about keeping my Prelude polished/waxed so I'm sure I'd have the same feelings about an S2K.

Quick Reply: S2000 as a daily driver????