S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

S2000 CNC Cylinder Head

Old 07-23-2003, 08:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S2000 CNC Cylinder Head

R&D Dyno has recently finished making a cnc program for s2k engines, for their own race cars and are making the products available to the public. For those that are not familiar with what this means, I will try to explain.

The process involves porting and polishing a given cylinder head to the point of maximum benefits on a flowbench, and then digitizing the finished product so that every head after the fact is as good.

Although not tested on a street car yet the power gains should be dramatic, since the flow numbers gained were way more than expected. The head will be available for sale in the next few days, and is going to be on an exchange basis for your factory take off head.

If you are interested call:

310-516-1003 9am-5:30pm Mon-Fri, Pacific time zone.

PS. For those that are not familiar with R&D dyno, they tune/build some of the fastest import engines on the planet. They have held and currently hold records for the fastest all motor hondas, and specialize in Honda engine building. They are also the place that AEM does majority of their dyno testing on all of their products.
Old 07-23-2003, 08:59 PM

Wow, I have never heard of that before. That sounds like something that I would love to get for my baby, but something I will not be able to afford for quite a while. Oh well, neat process.
Old 07-23-2003, 09:06 PM

How much will something like this cost? Do you have any dyno's?
Old 07-24-2003, 03:23 AM

I thought http://www.ericksracing.com/ held the all motor honda record. They have Alaniz Technologies do their porting?? Are these guys connected in any way?

What were the increases in flow like, and how much would a process like this cost? I am assuming that the valves are oversized as well?

Thanks

Chris
Old 07-24-2003, 06:33 AM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by rwhp
[B]R&D Dyno has recently finished making a cnc program for s2k engines, for their own race cars and are making the products available to the public. For those that are not familiar with what this means, I will try to explain.

The process involves porting and polishing a given cylinder head to the point of maximum benefits on a flowbench,
...since the flow numbers gained were way more than expected. The head will be available for sale in the next few days, and is going to be on an exchange basis for your factory take off head.

What were the flow increases intake and exhaust? At what pressure? Are they doing the intake manifold also? What is the cost? What springs do they use? Retainers? Valves?
Old 07-24-2003, 06:41 AM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I kind of find this hard to believe without proper numbers. The F20C head is one of the freeiest flowing factory heads ever made. To say it is going to be dramatic, implies a big gain. I'm not saying power can not be made but dramatic?
Old 07-24-2003, 07:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep, Erick's holds all the all-motor records right now, using a 400cc smaller engine too!

I'd like to see how it performs too. I'm still waiting to see the dyno data on a couple of the S2000s that have bought Alaniz heads. We don't even know how much those will gain. I have seen one RSX head by R&D (similar to the F20C) and that car only picked up about 5 hp.

UL
Old 07-24-2003, 02:52 PM

If you have any questions please call R&D, they will supply you with what info they have at the moment.

I am just a customer like you guys, and have seen the results with my own eyes on my own engine. Belive me when I tell you R&D is NOT about selling products that do not bring results. Way too many fast cars have come from them to even insinuate that, so please knock of the remarks.

RSX head is far from a S2000 head, and last I checked R&D did not ports RSX heads with a cnc program. The only reason why R&D did this is because they are building race engines for some and s2k owners are going to benefit at someone elses expense.
Old 07-24-2003, 06:33 PM
Former Moderator

opposed to sending a head, is the program available for sale, for one time use?
Old 07-24-2003, 06:51 PM

You wouldn't see substantial gains just from making the head more free flowing, would you? You would have to get cams to take advantage of this. The cams on the stock F20C are designed to take full advantage of the substantial flow capabilities of the stock head. I don't see how just replacing one of the two would provide "significant gains".

Now, if this was a head/cam package, I would definitely see the potential for big gains!

Quick Reply: S2000 CNC Cylinder Head