S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

S2000 or 370z......?

Old 04-15-2011, 08:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My buddy has a 350z and I liked it more than my s2000, except the trunk. The s2000 is a cool little car more like a miata, BMW z3. I liked the bigger motor and just more updated car. The s2000 is better looking but like stated RAW.
Old 04-15-2011, 07:36 PM

You will not be happy with the S as a DD. Great fun weekend car, but not a DD. Get the Z hardtop as a DD and a used S for sunny summer days.
Old 04-15-2011, 09:05 PM

I have driven both. And I would say the 370z is a better car in most people eyes.
Just don't remember the s2000 is developed 10 years ago and things are very different now.

s2000 is a raw sport car, 370z is more like a grand touring sport car.
Don't forget the tires and maintenance are more expensive and mpg is lower on the z

btw, I didn't like the AT gearbox on the 370z..the shifting was slow.. feels like an Nissan Altima gearbox
and the trunk in the s2000 is more usable IMO

I would take the 370z if money is not a problem.
Old 04-16-2011, 12:32 AM

IT ALLLLL comes down to, "Do you LOVE spirit driving?"

If your a wannabe car enthusiast, you should just go for something thats more practical and comfortable to drive, such as the 370z. YES they are totally different machines.
If you've driven an S and many other sports cars, you would feel that the S is just... simply amazing! Spirit driving in the S is just PURE SEX, if not better (not joking by the way.. it seriously is!)
I have droven (not owned) many cars such as evo, sti, 350z, si, porche 911, etc. but none of them felt nearly sensational as the S. Speed wise S is last on the list, but thats not what we S owners are looking for when it comes to cars. HELLO?!?!? thats why we have the S in the first place right??? It just feels like a PUREEEEEEEEEEEE sports car. Many of the cars nowadays are just all about power, luxury, and practicality and I undertand why people would buy them, but the S is one of a kind.
I was like you~ stuck between the S and the 370z, but the S is what i got and I AINT TURNING BACK! Ok... il be honest. I was low on budget so i got a used S, but thats not the point here... There is not going to be many PURE sports car comming out in the future like this one!
S comes before Z for a reason. =P

The last one was lame, but you get the point.
Old 04-16-2011, 12:34 AM

Originally Posted by illdiealonlyazn
Though this is an s2000 board, I'd tell you to get the 370. The s2000 is kinda like the NSX if you pay 25k or more for it. Its nice but overpriced especially considering that newer, better performing cars can be had for the same price. For the <20k range I'd say get an s2000 but if you're looking to spend more money and want a faster stock car the 370 is the way to go. Another thing to consider is that the 370 is new so there will be more aftermarket support for it compared to the s2k which I'm not sure anyone will make anything new for it, although there is quite a lot already out there
SOMEONE STEAL HIS KEYS!!!
Old 04-16-2011, 06:15 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

The S2000 has everything over the Z except straight line acceleration. Each time I getnin my S I feel like getting onto my ducati 996s - hardcore and barebones without any creature comforts. Had I wanted a more refined ride I'd have bought a VFR or CBR, or 350z to the cagers.
Old 04-17-2011, 01:54 AM

If Honda stick a nice high revving small displacement inline or v6 in the s2k it would have been PERFECT.lol Basically an f22 with 2 more cylinders.

But I agree with what everyone said. The s2k is way more pure and fun. I have driven both. I own an s2k. Z is def good looking, fast and fun. Mustang 5.0 is a better buy though IMO. Food for thought, on the370z.com one guy had intakes, long tubes, exhaust, and 4.08 gears and ran a 12.2 on street tires. I know we didn't buy the s2k for drag racing, just thought i would put that in though. I think the s2k is more fun, especially because of its weight, and timeless clean good looks. Given the cards that we are dealt, an s2k with a blower would be the most perfect fun car to drive for me
Old 04-17-2011, 10:38 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CorneringMachine
Originally Posted by illdiealonlyazn' timestamp='1302844489' post='20469031
Though this is an s2000 board, I'd tell you to get the 370. The s2000 is kinda like the NSX if you pay 25k or more for it. Its nice but overpriced especially considering that newer, better performing cars can be had for the same price. For the <20k range I'd say get an s2000 but if you're looking to spend more money and want a faster stock car the 370 is the way to go. Another thing to consider is that the 370 is new so there will be more aftermarket support for it compared to the s2k which I'm not sure anyone will make anything new for it, although there is quite a lot already out there
LOL EFF NO! I said that but there's not another car out there I'd want to replace it with under 50k. If I personally had 25k to spend I'd buy an s2k for 15k and spend the rest in mods lol. But seriously as good advice to someone else, spending 25k on an s2k at this point is pretty pointless unless you really really had to have a newer one. If you need a performer in the 25k range get a diff car, but if you need a vert in this range I'd say get an s2000 for cheap and save money. Just IMO
Old 04-18-2011, 01:49 PM

Originally Posted by illdiealonlyazn
Originally Posted by CorneringMachine' timestamp='1302942869' post='20472699
[quote name='illdiealonlyazn' timestamp='1302844489' post='20469031']
LOL EFF NO! I said that but there's not another car out there I'd want to replace it with under 50k. If I personally had 25k to spend I'd buy an s2k for 15k and spend the rest in mods lol. But seriously as good advice to someone else, spending 25k on an s2k at this point is pretty pointless unless you really really had to have a newer one. If you need a performer in the 25k range get a diff car, but if you need a vert in this range I'd say get an s2000 for cheap and save money. Just IMO
[/quote]

noooooo i was just messing with you ahaha~ i was just in the "s2000 4 life" mood because i went on a drive on Glendora mountain road and was LOVING IT! hahahaha
Old 04-18-2011, 01:51 PM

Originally Posted by IAmTheRealAsif
If Honda stick a nice high revving small displacement inline or v6 in the s2k it would have been PERFECT.lol Basically an f22 with 2 more cylinders.

But I agree with what everyone said. The s2k is way more pure and fun. I have driven both. I own an s2k. Z is def good looking, fast and fun. Mustang 5.0 is a better buy though IMO. Food for thought, on the370z.com one guy had intakes, long tubes, exhaust, and 4.08 gears and ran a 12.2 on street tires. I know we didn't buy the s2k for drag racing, just thought i would put that in though. I think the s2k is more fun, especially because of its weight, and timeless clean good looks. Given the cards that we are dealt, an s2k with a blower would be the most perfect fun car to drive for me
I dont care what it takes, I just want a little more torque in this engine!!!

Quick Reply: S2000 or 370z......?