S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Ruining my Fun

Old 07-24-2005, 02:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ruining my Fun

Was driving down a remote street in Folsom, Ca... actually going about 85.. supposedly by the police.. no radar.. no detection of any sort.. however.. the cop was distances away.. and claims I was speeding.. and gave me a ticket ?? should i plead guilty ?? administer the tactic of delaying court day and appear on some random day... or fight it in court asap ?? please all advice welcome negative or positive
Old 07-24-2005, 02:48 AM
bkw

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bruceleeroy,Jul 24 2005, 05:35 AM
Was driving down a remote street in Folsom, Ca... actually going about 85.. supposedly by the police.. no radar.. no detection of any sort.. however.. the cop was distances away.. and claims I was speeding.. and gave me a ticket ?? should i plead guilty ?? administer the tactic of delaying court day and appear on some random day... or fight it in court asap ?? please all advice welcome negative or positive
Wait a minute. You were doing 85 on a regular street?? What speed did the police officer write you up at? Youre lucky the officer ruined your day instead of a telephone pole or another car. He probably saved your worthless life!

Speed limits around here on regular roads are 35MPH. You claim to have been doing 85, that's 50MPH over our speed limit! If you get busted for doing that, they'll toss your ass in jail with no questions asked!

85MPH.. wtf were you thinking? Plead guilty since you've already confessed on the internet. I'm sure if someone out there were offended enough, they could easily direct the local authorities to this thread..

policedept@folsom.ca.us
Old 07-24-2005, 05:29 AM

85MPH.. wtf were you thinking? Plead guilty since you've already confessed on the internet. I'm sure if someone out there were offended enough, they could easily direct the local authorities to this thread..
What are you kidding me? lol.. direct the authorities to this thread rofl.. He talks like he's never gone above the speed limit.. lol.

Anyways...

I had a buddy who was flying down a 2 lane road once at some excessive speed - almost triple digits if I remember his story right. A cop going the other way flipped his lights on and had to turn around to come after him. My buddy just hit it and sped up even more... leaving the cop wayyy back there - putting a huge distance between the two of them. Of course he got pulled over.. of course he had to go to court. But I think he got off completely free because of some distance limitation technicality - something about being more than 500yards? I'd have to ask to completely verify the circumstances but this question reminded me of my buddy's story.

Perhaps it had to do with when the cop flipped on his lights and how far away from my buddy when he did it. Really not sure.

-M
Old 07-24-2005, 05:32 AM

Well.. going back and looking at the original thread and seeing "remote street" - yeah.. I speed all the time on highways - average speed is like.. 80 and I have no problems hitting 95 or 100 under certain circumstances.. but bottom line is that 85mph isn't smart at all.. heh.. Try to take it easy on those small streets lol.

-M
Old 07-24-2005, 05:41 AM

You were speeding and got caught. Plead guilty and be more careful from now on. Why is this a mystery?
Old 07-24-2005, 06:11 AM

cops have lots of skills judging speeds. last i heard the air force junked its advanced radar tracking program with more accurate police officers.
Old 07-24-2005, 10:21 AM

Originally Posted by bruceleeroy,Jul 24 2005, 06:35 AM
You don't need to be "clocked" using any detection equipment to receive a ticket. I think most people with some common sense can tell if they see a car driving 85mph on a surface street that they are going WAY too fast. Just that fact alone would be enough to warrant a wreckless driving ticket from an officer who was so-inclined.

You were speeding (excessively) and you got nailed. Pay your fine, and be done with it. If you can't handle the potential consequences of speeding then perhaps you should ride the bus.

I'm not gonna propose that if I got a speeding ticket for something like 73 in a 65 or similar that I wouldn't want to fight it...of course I would. However if I am blatantly speeding and get caught...its my own fault and I will take my medicine (I once got popped going 87 in a 55, admitted my fault to the officer, and paid the ticket...I had been busted, case closed).

Craig
Old 07-24-2005, 10:33 AM

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Just go to court. These days no one wants to take responsibility for their own actions. They buy something and they break it and decide to return it to the store saying it was already broken. Or people who hit a parked car in the parking lot and don't leave a note. Or mis-shifting and blowing the engine, and declares it didn't happen and wants to get it repaired by warranty. Or people who speed, get caught, and wants to get out of the ticket.
Old 07-24-2005, 11:00 AM

I can accept responsibilty.. however.. the cop was a great distance away.. I mean.. He wrote down too different speed's on my ticket which is clear that a cop is not accurate.. and especially at far distances.. he had to be atleast 200 yrds away.. before seeing me.. any thoughts ??
Old 07-24-2005, 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by bkw,Jul 24 2005, 03:48 AM
Wait <snip> thread..
You talkin like that, with an avatar like this?

Please, Mr., PLEASE! GET TO THE RIGHT OF CENTER!

Quick Reply: Ruining my Fun