S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

RSR Ti2000 or Swift Sport Springs.......

Old 06-17-2007, 09:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up RSR Ti2000 or Swift Sport Springs.......

I am torn between these two springs. I have narrowed it down to these 2 brands, for the simple fact that they are both linear, and have the approx, same drop. I will be using Koni Yellows to get a tad more than a 1 inch drop in the front and 1.5 inch drop in the rear on the lower perch, and that is near perfect for what I am shooting for. I have very much enjoyed linear springs I have had in the past, and yes being a bit more stiff and bumpy while DD is not really an issue for me. My questions are below for anyone that could answer them!!

1. Spring rates for the RSR's?

2. What is the exact drop for the RSR springs? I can't seem to find them on the website for RSR? Have they been discontinued? I have read they give a .8inch front and a 1.4 in the rear, which is .4 more than the swifts in the rear.

3. Price seems to be in the same range for both springs, and the only advantage I can see for the RSR's is the weight savings, being titanium. The advantage of the Swifts would be build quality and flawless reputation for building awesome springs....anything else you guys can think of?

Thanks in advance.

-M
Old 06-17-2007, 10:04 PM

rsrs are discontinued
Old 06-17-2007, 10:08 PM

damn.........possibly i will be going with Swifts then. That made it pretty easy. I wonder why they were discontinued? Possibly not a big enough market, with all the progressive springs, quality?
Old 06-17-2007, 10:24 PM

swifts are one of the best, if not the best springs out there (imo).
Old 06-17-2007, 10:31 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 35 Likes on 29 Posts

if you want hands down performance, ride quality and daily driving friendly drop... swift is the only spring we'd recommend
Old 06-18-2007, 02:06 AM

for swifts. have them on mine. nice subtle drop and still a smooth ride.
Old 06-18-2007, 05:08 AM

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

I have the RS*R springs about a 1" and 1.5" rear as advertised
Very good ride and look, and cornering is excellent.

Before the drop

Old 06-18-2007, 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by 2tirefire,Jun 17 2007, 10:08 PM
damn.........possibly i will be going with Swifts then. That made it pretty easy. I wonder why they were discontinued? Possibly not a big enough market, with all the progressive springs, quality?
Why not espelirs? The drop is very nice for springs. covers most of the wheel gap, but isn't too low to ride in the streets. Ride is almost like stock. If I didn't own the car, I wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

Old 06-21-2007, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by yungjoc,Jun 18 2007, 08:06 AM
Why not espelirs? The drop is very nice for springs. covers most of the wheel gap, but isn't too low to ride in the streets. Ride is almost like stock. If I didn't own the car, I wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

Progressive springs are for comfort. I want a continuous predictable suspension. Espelir springs are cheap, and I have rode in a few cars with them, and I can say I will not be purchasing them for any reason, other than for looks if that was my main goal. Espelir's are a definite down grade in suspension for sure, I would much rather leave it stock.
Old 06-21-2007, 08:50 PM

Is it also true, that the swifts were made to use with the factory Struts?? I have never heard of a lowering spring that didn't eventually kill the stock struts, in a matter of a year or so. I would think with the increased spring tension it would change the dampening characteristics and increase wear, but I may be wrong.

If they were made to work with the stock struts, that would definitely be a bonus, as I wouldn't have to purchase Koni's. I honestly think the stock struts are awesome.

Quick Reply: RSR Ti2000 or Swift Sport Springs.......