S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Roof decision

Old 05-26-2005, 11:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Roof decision

I have finally decided, after a two month deliberation, to keep my hardtop on year round. I am so tired of looking through my nasty, scratch, f'ed up plastic rear window. My OEM hardtop has a wonderful rear defroster that works wonders.

It was a hard decision because I live in the NY area and we get some awesome weather in the late spring through early fall for great topless driving. But after buying the hardtop this past fall and getting used to seeing the car with the hardtop, I don't think I want to go back. I took the hardtop off yesterday to see how it looked and even though the car looks great with the top down, its pretty nasty with the soft-top. Don't get me wrong, it looks much better integrated then 90% of the convertibles available, but I really LOVE the way the hardtop looks. I drove with and without hardtop back to back all day yesterday. And maybe it was just my perception, but the car seemed slightly "looser" without the hardtop. Hard to explain though, but I think most of you will understand what I am trying to describe.

Anyone else come to the decision of keeping the hardtop on all year round? Obviously I can take it off here and there but for the most part it will be on.

Oh and I want to thank all you guys who responded to my post a month or so ago about picking a convertible for my wife. It was very helpful in our decision and it also helped us look at models that we never even thought about.
Old 05-26-2005, 02:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought you lost your license because of your driving record?!

And I thought you were single and sleeping with a married woman. Did you get married?

But you were dating that girl whose father had the "blown" G35! What happened to her?

Not to totally call , but there's a lot of weird on your threads.

I'm hoping: the camera of the G35 pics is still broken, you broke up with that guy's daughter, slept with married women, lost your license in New York for multiple moving violations, came to your senses, got back together with the original girlfriend, got married, petitioned the courts that you're a reformed man, regained your driver's license and are now happily shopping for cars for the wifey.... Whew. That's a lot to happen in SIX months!