S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Roll Bar Extension available for S2K?

Old 05-05-2004, 09:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Roll Bar Extension available for S2K?

Hi,

I am new to S2K. I won't be racing competitively but will frequent track events. I normally do the intermediate group. What's the percentage of groups that require roll bar on the S2K.

I searched the forum and found the roll bar installation. I am hoping for something simplier. In the Boxster, they have an extension bar that extend the height of the stock loops. Can same be don in S2K?

Thanks in advance.

Paul
Old 05-05-2004, 09:40 AM

Another question, for those places which require roll bar for S2K, will they accept S2K with hard top (and no roll bar)? That might be another alternative?
Old 05-05-2004, 10:21 AM

I really doubt that they'll allow just a hardtop.

Try http://www.eldaengineering.com/ , they're a sponsor of s2ki and make a really nice rollbar that fits under the softtop and is SCCA legal.
Old 05-05-2004, 10:57 AM

You may want to move this to Bay Area Forums....alot of track people there they'll tell you how often you need rolllbar etc.... There are also dangers to street driving with a roll bar so be aware.

<-------hopeing to start tracking soon....
Old 05-05-2004, 11:16 AM
R11

I really doubt that they'll allow just a hardtop.
You might be surprised. Many tracks will accept a hardtop in lieu of a roll bar. PIR here in Portland is one of them.

ron
Old 05-05-2004, 03:48 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by CrazyPhuD
You may want to move this to Bay Area Forums....alot of track people there they'll tell you how often you need rolllbar etc....
Old 05-05-2004, 06:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It really depends on the organization you're running with. For example, Thunderhill's own performance driving school doesn't allow convertibles to run without aftermarket rollover protection, but other groups do. SpeedVentures is one group, TrackMasters is another, and I'm sure there's quite a few more who allow the factory roll hoops.

jlangton - Driving with a roll bar on the street may be dangerous because of the proximity of the bar to your head w/out a helmet.
Old 05-06-2004, 06:38 AM

I know PCA HPDEs require a rollbar...
Old 05-06-2004, 10:24 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by jlangton
Old 05-06-2004, 11:16 AM

FYI for those who get in street accidents where your head hits a rollbar. STRONGLY consider getting a cat scan to make sure there is no internal bleeding. If you are bleeding on the brain you may feel ok at first but you can go sleep an never wake up. It is better to be safe than sorry, get a cat scan!
That's serious... but funny. A while ago, there was a "famous" incident where a guy went down a 15-20 feet drop off the side of a hill in a Boxster. He hit his head on the STOCK Boxster roll loop thingy and got a severe cut with some sever blood stain show in pics. So, the risk mentioned is real.

Another commone one... wearing a harness... or sitting in a rigid race seat WITHOUT a roll bar can also be hazardous. Reason being your body has no where to move if the car flips and if your head is higher than the stock roll bar/loops... or if the windsheild frame collapse...

Quick Reply: Roll Bar Extension available for S2K?