S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Road Rage over HIDs? (somewhat verbose)

Old 11-21-2004, 12:34 PM

Received 107 Likes on 67 Posts

Hey, that's great everyone....now can someone tell me where the hole for the adjustments are? I'm trying to avoid posting my own hick/headlights/road rage story...haha
Old 11-21-2004, 12:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

why do I need to adjust them? I'm not lowered or anything. I shouldn't have to adjust headlights on a factory car.

good tip though
Old 11-21-2004, 02:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My GF had a real bad incident with HID's in Tennessee. The Mid A guys should remember. I think there is a old post somewhere. Well summary is the guy got real pissed and got out his car and punched her in her face a few times.
Old 11-21-2004, 03:05 PM

punched? HER? a GIRL?

wow
Old 11-21-2004, 03:27 PM

What the hell...

I agree on not having to adjust factory stock headlights...

"Hey that guys blinding me with his headlights! I'll just blind him back and we'll both be blind doing 40!"
Old 11-21-2004, 03:35 PM

It'd be nice to not have to adjust factory stock headlights, but as people are describing... they DO cause others to get pissed.

If I was in the middle of nowhere, I'd keep them high to maximize visibility.

But I'm in a big city and the streetlights do most of the work. Also some of these big city crazies take things really seriously... like face punching girls... so I play it safe and my HIDs are a couple degrees lower.

That way I can go WOT without worrying about pissing off the natives. It's amazing to watch the headlights bounce on bumpy roads, apparently looks like you're "flashing to pass."
Old 11-21-2004, 03:52 PM
Community Organizer

Obviously most of you have never been blinded in your rearview mirror by a Ford truck...

Our headlights (even with the odd flashing) is NOTHING compared to the brightness on those.
Old 11-21-2004, 10:55 PM

I say sooner or later everybody will get used to them anyway. In my area (sort of the country) we are getting more and more vehicles that have the HID's , and the only flashing that I have experienced is when it is late at night and other cars are few and far between. I guess my S sort of catches them by surprise, and since they are not used to having lights in their face, a light that is a bit brighter just registers as high beams. I've only been flashed twice, and that was when I was on a slight incline approaching another vehicle.

-Chase
Old 11-22-2004, 06:34 AM

I was pissed off the other day driving out in the country (pissed off from other incidents). This jerk-off flashes his high beams at me from a MILE away. So I flash my high beams back to say, sorry I have lows on. So he flashes me back, I ignore it and he flashes me again GRRRRR

I just LOST it, stuck my highbeams on, changed into his oncoming lane, he stopped dead, I moved back over and went on my merry way Ahhhh that was fun.

I never get flashed in the big city (well once I did on a hill waiting at a light, I was really angled up high so I understood), but this guy was an idiot.

Sometimes I drive with my brights on and then as a car approaches I turn them off that way they KNOW I turned them off so they don't think I have them on.
Old 11-22-2004, 07:35 AM

Never been flashed in the city only Podunkville and a quick flash of the brights usually settles it.
In the city HID's are common and Atlanta is so full of rude obnixous drivers, gangs and psycho meth heads, people don't get too upset at anything and if they do they usually temper they behavior cause these type road rage escalations regularly end in shots fired. Two truckers were shot last year and numerous other incidents have been in the news. In a S2000 you should be able to get away.

Quick Reply: Road Rage over HIDs? (somewhat verbose)