S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Road Rage over HIDs? (somewhat verbose)

Old 06-12-2001, 10:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After a few weeks of that kind of reaction I adjusted the headlights on the Silver '00 lower. I will do the same for the Yellow '01 this weekend. I don't need the "extra attention" from idiots and cops. The problem with idiots ... is they out number "us". The barbarians are at the gate!!!
Old 06-12-2001, 11:47 PM

I thought there was something like an automatic headlight leveling thing in the stook. My dealer showed me something near the back axle that he identified as being that ....
Old 06-12-2001, 11:59 PM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by bel-s2k
[B]I thought there was something like an automatic headlight leveling thing in the stook.
Old 06-13-2001, 12:32 AM

Yes, the angle of the HIDs can be adjusted ... Look in discussions "Under The Hood" - HID Angle Adjustment. Anyway, I think those people who get enraged over the HIDs simply don't know what technology has brought upon of better lighting quality and it affects their vision badly. Living in a world of their own, thinking that Elvis is still alive or something? Oh maybe we're still living in a world of halogen bulbs that have very low wattage output in those 40s Chevys etc.

Those people who complain about HIDs should be rounded up and hung upsidedown by their toes! Whatabout those Hyundai idiots who drive with their rear fog lamps on with or without poor road conditions knowingly or unknowingly ... I really don't care. And whatabout those stupid drivers that drive with their high beam unknowingly as well? I don't see things getting better, if ignorance can be a cause for road rage ... It doesn't get any better with idiots driving all around! So, just stick your finger out and stand up for your HID rights anytime some dickhead once a piece of you.

Old 06-13-2001, 03:28 AM

Originally posted by Takashi KazuMori
Anyway, I think those people who get enraged over the HIDs simply don't know what technology has brought upon of better lighting quality and it affects their vision badly. Living in a world of their own, thinking that Elvis is still alive or something? Oh maybe we're still living in a world of halogen bulbs that have very low wattage output in those 40s Chevys etc.

Those people who complain about HIDs should be rounded up and hung upsidedown by their toes! Whatabout those Hyundai idiots who drive with their rear fog lamps on with or without poor road conditions knowingly or unknowingly ... I really don't care. And whatabout those stupid drivers that drive with their high beam unknowingly as well? I don't see things getting better, if ignorance can be a cause for road rage ... It doesn't get any better with idiots driving all around! So, just stick your finger out and stand up for your HID rights anytime some dickhead once a piece of you.

Takashi,

Please don't hold back! Tell us how you really feel
Old 06-13-2001, 12:17 PM

I was following my wife one day (no, I tailing her -- we were just taking two cars). I was in the Stook and I had the lights on. I sometimes drive during the day with the lights on to make sure people can see me (I've heard that silver is the most difficult color to see on the road). My wife asked me later, "what were you doing with the lights? Why were you flashing them at me?"
Old 06-13-2001, 12:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi Guys:
Something to keep in mind:

The HID headlights in the US on the S2000 are not self adjusting.

A 180 lb person in the drivers seat will raise the headlight beam about 1 inch at 25 feet. Because the front suspensionis stiffer than the rear.

150 lbs of stuff in the trunk will raise the headlights at 25 feet about 3 inches. How many of us carry extra weight in the trunk?

It is possible to adjust the headlights very easily it takes a long #2 phillips screwdriver, a tape measure, and a wall about 25 feet from your front bumper:

Measure the height of the dot in the clear lens that is right in front of the low beam projector lens. Assuming the floor is straight put a mark 2 inches below your height measurement. The lowest top edge of the headlight beam should not be above this mark with the car loaded w people and stuff in the trunk. If in doubt lower the beams about 1 to 1.5 inches. You won't notice it when you drive.

I have adjusted all 3 of my cars and have had much less flashing from oncoming traffic.

Woodwork
Old 06-13-2001, 12:51 PM

I guess that we all have a story or will have a story about these lights. I was coming into a small town the other night and this beat up junkie car passed me doing about 80 in a 55. As soon as this woman got back in front, she started slaming on her brakes and shaking her fist. I knew what she wanted so to prove that they were not on bright ,I put my lights on bright, and left them there where they stayed until we got to the next town. I was pissed again and would not have hesitated to whip that 400 lb hogs ass. I will not adjust a light thats not out of adjustment, they can just get over it.
Old 06-13-2001, 07:53 PM

I told the Big Brothers about lighting reforms ... But the bottom line is, the harder it hits then the harder the response will be. Why should we adjust and accommodate for other road users when they don't accommodate with you? Tell me anyone, have you ever been cut off purposely and they simply don't give a damn? Or the scenario with the idiot behind the wheel indicating once and cutting you off as well then driving really slowly? Even people who show no respect to your presence on the road?

Well until someone decides to show some respect, they don't deserve any. I think if there was a forum lobbying against stupid drivers and lights or whatsoever dilemmas they face. Then there should also be a forum lobbying those idiotic things that people do on the roads everyday counter technological advances that cause igorant problems, annoyance and road rage ultimately. Someone will eventually be in a real serious situation, either the HID driver shooting an idiot trying to pull a stance or vice-versa.

Old 06-13-2001, 08:09 PM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally posted by Takashi KazuMori
Well until someone decides to show some respect, they don't deserve any.
You don't see the irony in this?

Are you suggesting you are going meter your behaviour to all in accordance with the behaviour the worst drivers on the road?

You're a bit of a worry TK.

Quick Reply: Road Rage over HIDs? (somewhat verbose)