S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Road rage gets a little ugly

Old 04-22-2003, 02:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by ganstahype
austblue, u should've whooped dat punk's candy @ss all over the outback.
Thanks this just made my morning! Everyone in my office wanted to know what I was laughing at so now there losing it!

Oh and thanks to DavidKang and BananaS2k for making me smile in this time. For the sake of my little remaining faith in mankind Im going to pretend that these posts were in jest.

KW-AP1,

He crept forward until he was against my bumper softly then a little further. If I didnt have my brakes on it would have probably just pushed me down the street and not damaged it until I hit the car in front. The rear bar is alot more flexible then I would have thought and I cant even see any cracks in the paint.

Originally posted by slcook54
the important question is how did it go with the girl?
Uh didnt I mention that I was in my S
Old 04-22-2003, 05:36 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by honda606
[B] It's called the right to bear arms and being able to protect yourself and others from harm.
Old 04-22-2003, 05:46 PM
Former Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by slcook54
the important question is how did it go with the girl?
Now that's optimism!!!
Old 04-22-2003, 05:47 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 1,491 Likes on 1,159 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by bananaS2K
[B]

I do need professional help, don't I?
Old 04-22-2003, 05:54 PM

, don't want to turn this into a 2nd amendment debate

Daniel
Old 04-22-2003, 06:10 PM

If that happened to me, I would have looked to see if there was any damage. Then if I saw there was none, I would have started to pound on his nose with both my fists until his nose was poking through the back of his head. Then drive off peacefully as if nothing happened. But the thing you have to remember to do is to cover your plate before anyone else can see it.
Old 04-22-2003, 08:02 PM

Received 68 Likes on 39 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by bananaS2K
[B]

No, there are no ninjas these days, only nutcase krakers.
Old 04-26-2003, 02:50 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Sorry, don't want to turn this into a 2nd amendment debate, it's an argument neither of us will win. Suffice it to say, most of us here in the Northeast think the last sensible thing Charlton Heston said was "Take your stinking paws off me you damned dirty ape."
Did you see that he stepped down as President of the NRA today/yesterday? Man he looked old. Kind of reminded me of seeing Ali recently. Aging sure does suck.
Old 04-26-2003, 04:14 PM

It's called the right to bear arms and being able to protect yourself and others from harm. Why wouldn't you carry it in your car assuming you have a concealed handgun permit? You never know what you will encounter on day to day basis.
While i own guns of my own (Beretta 92f, smith & wesson .44 mag, and a ruger 1022), why on earth would you carry it around in your car with you. Be the bigger man and drive your car away from whatever situation you are in..

The more accessable a weapon is the more likely you will find or justify a reason to use it. For some stupid reason people who carry around firearms in public think that it empowers them and instead of using it for defensive purposes it only gives them an attitude that predisposes them to getting in situations where they can justify using their weapon. I've found that these 'cowboys' are usually people who already have a poor attitude to begin with and having the weapon usually makes it worse... (i.e. more likely to mouth off or escalate a situation)

Already from some of the attitudes i've seen expressed in this thread, what i've said above seems pretty true. Some guy bumps into the back of your car and you are ready to take someone's life (or at least threaten it by brandishing a weapon).
Quite frankly, I think there should be a mandatory psychological examination before getting a public carry permit (hell if i had my way even before gun ownership). If you are so unstable that something like what happened above sets you off to the point that you would take out a weapon, you shouldn't be allowed to carry a firearm in public. Remember with your rights come responsibilities. Everyone likes to bi$ch about their 'rights,' unfortunately few think of the consequences until after they have 'exercised' them. I highly doubt that a judge is going to feel sorry for you, when you get arrested for assault with a deadly weapon.
Old 03-07-2004, 06:53 PM

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

It's nice to know there are one or two sane people in the US.

Quick Reply: Road rage gets a little ugly