S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Road rage gets a little ugly

Old 04-21-2003, 02:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Road rage gets a little ugly

I decided to take my car out yesterday for the first time since I got my new tyres ~3weeks ago. The weather was just right and I was going for lunch with a girl at the Headlands pub looking over the coast.

So I pick her up and we start heading north along the Princes HWY. When I got into Bulli I noticed this old clown in an 80's model pos Ford was tailgating me. Simple solution in the S is to take off and get a bit of distance. So I did then turned off onto Lawrence Hargrave Drive and noticed he turned as well but was a little behind me at this stage.

So I started cruising again since Ive only been with this girl a little while and didn't want to start freaking her out making a big deal and going postal on the inbred. Then the wanker goes down the inside of me on the wide section so I slowed to let him pass but he wouldn't.

As I pulled up to a set of lights he pulls in behind me. I have traffic in front and beside me and this rodent starts creeping up closer. I looked thinking he was jus being a toss but was still worried where it was going to end.

Then this just pushed up against my bumper and then kept pushing!

I pulled on the handbrake and got out of my car expecting (and hoping) that this scum would get out as well. The nutter just sat there rambling

me: give me your liscence
freak: *tears up piece of paper* here's my liscence take it
me:WTF

Returned to my car and took down his rego number then tried to get his liscence off him again and he just turned up his radio. Now the surrounding traffic starts getting on their horns and this guy on a bike in traffic starts abusing me for holding up traffic.

As I'm writing this I am almost shaking which makes me wonder how I managed to control myself throughout this nightmare. I returned to the police station and thank god they were cool. They said that he was from Bexley (Sydney~1hr away) and that he would be charged with failing to exchange particulars etc. and that I should just go through my insurance and let them prosecute him.

Luckily the damage is minimal just a couple of scratches and the tow hook plug disappeared. It also seems as though the bar is a little loose at the bottom but that may be the way that they are mounted.

All night I kept thinking that there was no way that could have happened and that I must have been dreaming then Id go look at my car and get angry again. WTF was this guys story!!! I hope I never see him again because I wouldnt walk away regretting anything next time.
Old 04-21-2003, 03:02 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Pushing on the back of your car?

If that ever happens to me, the party in question will be kindly introduced to Mr. SIG P226 .40
Old 04-21-2003, 03:05 PM

Folks are just stupid these days. Esp the ones in the POS mile long cars. Hopefully your insurance will be able to nail this idiot.
Old 04-21-2003, 03:07 PM

Austblue: Be careful! In this day and age it's just not like in the old days my friend. NOT WORTH exchanging words or passes on idiots like these, for your comfort, I can tell you that it could have been a hell of a lot worse.
He could have pulled a gun on you and then what are you going to do???? Yeah, he'll get penalized later, but at that moment.....
My advice, use your emotional intelligence and stay cool. This car generates envy from others (especially with a good looking gal by your side) so just learn the art of ignoring people, it's a lot safer, think about it.
Cheers
Daniel
Old 04-21-2003, 03:21 PM

so what....when i bought my car brand new there was a huge scrape under the front bumper....my dumbass didnt inspect the car and plus i bought it at night so it wasnt visible...when i noticed it a couple of days later...they said i did it...blah blah bloody s blah blah...phoqn diamond bar honda piece of shiett .... ^^ this is what happens to unpatient folks who settle for whatevers on the lot....
Old 04-21-2003, 03:30 PM
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 1,491 Likes on 1,159 Posts

Originally posted by dangarza
Austblue: Be careful! In this day and age it's just not like in the old days my friend. NOT WORTH exchanging words or passes on idiots like these, for your comfort, I can tell you that it could have been a hell of a lot worse.
He could have pulled a gun on you and then what are you going to do???? Yeah, he'll get penalized later, but at that moment.....
My advice, use your emotional intelligence and stay cool. This car generates envy from others (especially with a good looking gal by your side) so just learn the art of ignoring people, it's a lot safer, think about it.
Cheers
Daniel

People are really crazy these days. I'm glad nothing more serious happened. Austblue, be careful.
Old 04-21-2003, 03:33 PM

Originally posted by DavidKang
so what....when i bought my car brand new there was a huge scrape under the front bumper....my dumbass didnt inspect the car and plus i bought it at night so it wasnt visible...when i noticed it a couple of days later...they said i did it...blah blah bloody s blah blah...phoqn diamond bar honda piece of shiett .... ^^ this is what happens to unpatient folks who settle for whatevers on the lot....
That makes me feel so much better

Like I said I pretty much kept my cool but if you have an accident in Aus you have to exchange particulars so I had to get out of the car. I hear what you're saying about the psychos around Im always telling my brother that because he never backs down from road rage.

I would have been extremely satisfied to leave this guy in my dust only that he touched my baby.

It kills me that I hadnt had it out because of the rain then this happens!
Old 04-21-2003, 03:34 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

People are really crazy these days.
Yeah...kind of like David the guy that posted above you.
Old 04-21-2003, 03:37 PM

Originally posted by honda606
Pushing on the back of your car?

If that ever happens to me, the party in question will be kindly introduced to Mr. SIG P226 .40
I wouldn't do that, exactly. I would introduce several paintballs to his face, and several .50 Desert Eagle rounds to his engine and tires.
Old 04-21-2003, 03:49 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by dangarza
Cheers
Daniel
From what I hear about Australia, personal gun ownership is practically banned isn't it? That would make it a bit safer than in Los Angeles where you get shot just for looking at someone.

Edit: Actually, it appears that there were severe restrictions placed on gun ownership, however there could be a few out there...

Quick Reply: Road rage gets a little ugly