S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

rio yellow

Old 10-19-2003 | 09:46 AM

Default rio yellow

has anyone seen the new rio yellow yet???? cant decide on berlina black and yellow ........ i decided on the berlina, but now am having doubts about getting it.. im sure i will take good care of a berlina, but i just don't know which one looks the best.. nothing shines like berlina , but it will be hot with black/black, will yellow bring too much unwanted attention??? im giving myself a headache!! cant make up my mind, maybe i will get both
Old 10-19-2003 | 10:20 AM
Gold Member (Premium)
20 Year Member

Emril,

Probably can't lose with either. Of course, Suzuka blue is far superior to both.

Old 10-19-2003 | 11:43 AM

If you like the Spa, you'll like the Rio. It is just a bit darker of an orange then the Spa, but it still almost looks teh same. I think it would be hard to tell the difference between the 2 without them side by side. There are actually a few threads on it also. Just look for the new MY04 pix. Or even the accessories thread.

BTW, the dealerships have brochures on them, you just have to ask. RIO looks nice IMO.
Old 10-19-2003 | 11:45 AM

Both colors are a great choice. My dad has a Spa Yellow and doesn't get too much unwanted attention, But it sure dose turn heads, the black kinda blends in with the crowd. It looks like the Rio has more pearl speckles of orange but It also looks like a darker shade then Spa from the pics ive seen on the board. The Yellow doesn't take too much to keep it lookin its best. I don't think anyone has seen the Rio Yellow yet, but I'm sure its pretty! If your having a hard time makin a decision then maybe you should wait until you can see it in person, then chose, but you probably want to get one ASAP! But whatever you pick it'll be a lil beauty!!!
Old 10-19-2003 | 11:51 AM

with Rio, you will be more flashyer i guess you could say, and probably get more attension because of the color.WIth berlinia you could have a sleeker, more streamline look to the car, but on a cleaning stand point, with berlinia when you get little paint scratches/dings it will be a lot more noticeable to see.
Dunno if this helped much or not,
yod88
Old 10-19-2003 | 12:05 PM

Well, if you cant decide between Rio and Berlina, do what I did.....

Old 10-19-2003 | 12:33 PM

Quik - Good plan! That looks sweet. I almost bought a Spa yellow a couple of months ago but the deal fell through at the dealer so I am ordering an '04. My dilemma is Rio or New Formula
Old 10-19-2003 | 01:14 PM

Can't go wrong with black. I had a yellow Jeep, and it got old real fast.
Old 10-19-2003 | 02:32 PM

thanks guys, i guess i have to wait until the dealer gets the colors in stock.... most dealers always have the silver and the blue and ive never been to a dealer with both yellow and black when i was looking at the 2003. it would be great to see them side by side.. my dad says YELLOW and my brother says BLACK...
i think im going toward the berlina more, but im curious how the rio will look...
Old 10-19-2003 | 03:28 PM
Gold Member (Premium)
20 Year Member

Black is a bitch to keep clean. Just something to think about. Scratches show badly too. If you're anal, black is the shiznit.

I love the way a clean black S2000 looks!

Quick Reply: rio yellow