S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

RIDICULOUS!!! What kind of car do you get when you leave the stook at the dealer?

Old 02-01-2001, 06:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by elviscos
you should be thankful they are lending you a honda a quit your whining
Hey elvis! I'm not asking for an S2K or even a prelude. For the same quality of service if I have to choose between 2 dealers I would go with the one that offers me the best package. You see, that's the reason why the dealers call me to remind me to bring my car at their place for the maintenance.
Old 02-01-2001, 06:36 PM

I was given a convertible to replace my S2000 - a lovely Chrysler Sebring. At least its more comfortable than the S2000...

My S2000 is my daily driver so I would've been pissed if they didn't offer up something. I did have to wait for approval from Honda before the dealer where my car is being serviced would pick up the tab on the rental.
Old 02-01-2001, 06:51 PM

Yeah, I got a pos rental during my fix, it cost honda $350. It was great that they did that for me and I was happy they did. Generally this dealer provides me with shuttle to work on drop off and I never need appointment.
Personally, I think you should be pleased that you got a civic. Do you really think they have s2000s, or the like just hanging around for your use? Maybe you should have purchased the car only if the dealer promised you an s2000 loaner. Oh, but then I guess you would likely have to pay 10k over msrp or not buy the car.
Old 02-01-2001, 06:58 PM

My dealer has provided a new Civic both of the times the car was left overnight for warranty work. For normal maintenance (7500 mile service, oil change) they provide a shuttle to work but I have to get a ride back to the dealer.

I also have since purchased a Honda Care Extended Warranty and that provides for a loaner car in the event the car is left overnight.
Old 02-01-2001, 07:19 PM

Received 5,786 Likes on 3,407 Posts

Lighten up! If that's the worst problem you had today be happy.
Old 02-02-2001, 12:53 AM

None of the dealers around here that I know of even offer a loaner of any kind; consider yourself lucky to get anything at all, my friend.
Old 02-02-2001, 03:27 AM

You North Americans are a bunch of spoiled brats - in OZ no dealer (of any brand I know - except maybe Lexus) gives you a loan car when you take yours in for service.
Old 02-02-2001, 03:33 AM
Muz
Former Sponsor

You can book a courtesy car if you want one. Cost about $15-20 for the day. Usually with the stook I just wait ... watch Romper Room & Humprhey Bear, sip coffee, talk to housewives..that kinda thing.
Old 02-02-2001, 04:59 AM

Originally posted by Muz
You can book a courtesy car if you want one. Cost about $15-20 for the day. Usually with the stook I just wait ... watch Romper Room & Humprhey Bear, sip coffee, talk to housewives..that kinda thing.
Muz, friend of mine had his wife take in the Legend (its a Honda in Australia for all you yanks) the other day for an xxK service. She was told she could wait if she liked as it wouldn't take long. Anyway she waited and 1/2 hour later her foot (Leg end - get it ) was ready and she was charged for a 2 hour service. She asked how many people had worked on her car - answer: one. When she pointed out that she had been charged 2 hours labour for one person to work on her car for 1/2 an hour she was told this was the standard Honda time for the xxK service so no discounts here. Anyway she reluctantly pays and off she heads down the street only to discover that something smells terrible under the bonnet and her oil light is coming on. She heads staight back and discovers they forgot to put back the oil filler cap and there is hot oil spewing out all over the underside of her bonnet - and this after the dealer claimed they had test driven the car.

Moral of the story - don't get the while you wait service, they hurry to get it back to you quickly rather than doing a proper job on the service.
Old 02-02-2001, 06:38 AM

I got a nice piss green POS Chevy Malibu. But Honda definitely skimps when it comes to these little services that would make us completely happy. I requested something that was near equivalent to my s2k like an SUV or something, Enterprise was like take this Cavalier Coupe, its pretty sporty. I laughed in their face, put my head down and took the Malibu home.

Quick Reply: RIDICULOUS!!! What kind of car do you get when you leave the stook at the dealer?