S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

RIDICULOUS!!! What kind of car do you get when you leave the stook at the dealer?

Old 02-01-2001, 05:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I find ridiculous that the dealer lend me a civic hatchback when I bought a $60K car!! It happened to me 3 times with three different dealers. Honda should think seriously about giving a special treatment to the S2K owners. They should at least have the respect to lend us at least a 4-doors CIVIC or an ACCORD. Unfortunately, it's not an Acura!
Old 02-01-2001, 05:20 PM

what do you mean $60K?
Old 02-01-2001, 05:32 PM

He means Canadian dollars...but is it that much $ in Canadian money?
Gold Member (Premium)

Received 144 Likes on 93 Posts

$60K Canadian

When it was in for the 1-2-grind fix, the dealer provided me with a rental car (free to me) from Enterprise Car Rental. I never had this service before. Don't know if it was purely because the S2000 is a special car and thus I'm a special customer, or if it is a new dealer service.
Anyway, the rental was a Geo Metro.
I was totally unimpressed with the Metro, and hated every minute of driving it. I took it home, parked it, and switched to my 1999 Accord EX V6-VTEC coupe (which is beautiful to drive). When they informed me that the S2000 was ready, I drove home, got the Metro and returned it to the dealer. Had I known what the rental car was, I would have saved the dealer whatever was spent on the rental car. I was offerred the same thing once again and declined.

Why is a Honda dealer not providing Honda's for its customers? And if not Honda's, why Metros for Pete's sake? -- Maybe because the dealer knows that, after driving a Metro, I'll appreciate my Honda's all the more!!!
Old 02-01-2001, 05:44 PM

Well, I don't think dealership should treat you any special than any other customers. Think about it, if you are dropping off a Civic in Service. Do you deserve a dealer loan car? YES, because you are A CUSTOMER. The dealership is doing you a favor by letting you borrowing a car regardless what car you bought from them. Granted, S2000 is the most expensive car from Honda. But, that doesn't qualify you better than VIP treatment. Remember, they don't have to give you a car when your car is in service. I have a BMW 325is. When I go to the dealership, they always give me another BMW. Hey, I have seen other people dropping off their M5 and drive off with a 318ti.

The bottom line, don't complain. They are just doing you a favor. They have to pay for the insurance, depreciation of the loaner car and other people's abuse of the loaner car. The cost add up. If you complain, chances are you might lose the loaner car privilege.
Old 02-01-2001, 05:52 PM

Originally posted by Jay Li
He means Canadian dollars...but is it that much $ in Canadian money?
Yeah! The MSRP was $48K CAN and because they had installed the spoilers, side strakes and the wind deflector, the dealer boosted the price to $53K. To that, we have to add 15% of taxes!!!
Old 02-01-2001, 06:05 PM

you should be thankful they are lending you a honda a quit your whining
Old 02-01-2001, 06:13 PM
Former Moderator

Have people forgoten what Customer Service is?

Dealers make money wether it's warranty or not. May car costs me 22.90 a day. So if they keep it what am I paying for. Stupid I know, but still a reality. For some this is thier only car. So you think they are doing you some special favour by providing a car for you to use. Or should your life stop because you need an oil change, or a TSb attended to. I see this as the begining of the end for consumer oriented world.
It's a shame.
I even went as far as to stipualte in my insurance policy that if I am in need of a loaner car, I will recieve an equivilent car, regardless of cost to them. $16, bucks a year.

And if you couldn't tell, I've had a bad day dealing with so-called Customer Service Representatives.

Mike
Old 02-01-2001, 06:22 PM

What kind of car? Ha, ha, a civic sounds pretty good to me. I can't even get a ride off the lot.

Quick Reply: RIDICULOUS!!! What kind of car do you get when you leave the stook at the dealer?