S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

The results are in... DC header dyno

Old 09-06-2001, 06:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by taylor01
[B]Maybe I am missing something, so please don't hesitate to correct me.

I asked Comptech when they would be releasing a header for the S2000 and they said that they are having trouble getting anymore power out of the engine.
Old 09-07-2001, 06:26 AM
Sev

[QUOTE]Originally posted by shingles
[B]
The thing is, I've had a DC before in my CRX and it made power... so I figured we can't be too far off.
Old 09-07-2001, 06:36 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Sev
[B]

SO what happened to the doctored dyno chart that had gains of 5HP+ from 0 to 9000 RPM?????

It looks like a very nice looking piece the DC headers.

Extracting performance out of the s2k is not the same as a CRX. It seems to be making 2-5 pounds of torque extra from 6k to 6.5k RPMs, that is not midrange power, it is almost a sneeze.
Old 09-07-2001, 06:48 AM
Sev

[B]

couple of things:

1) I hope you are not accusing me of doctoring anything because the last dyno wasn't even mine.

2) I cannot say if DC doctored anything... DC was contacted after I got my result... they said that they did not use a dynojet, but a dynapack.
Old 09-07-2001, 07:01 AM

Originally posted by Sev

Oh sorry about that, I believe I wasn't clear, I do know that the first dyno was from DC itself, I know you weren't the one who did it.

I wanted to remind you the discussion we had where I said that these headers will not make the difference you seek, so why buy them. I believe your answer was "I buy them because I can".

Just wanted to point out some details, of course, everyone is free to do what they want with their money.

I would like to know what in particular of the DC, from only seeing a picture, made you say it won't give me the results "I seek". It's funny because I was not sure the results I was seeking... because I didn't know. I certainly didn't buy it because of the DC dyno because Richard got my money before any charts were even posted.

Perhaps you mean headers in general? If so, I guess the answer still is, cause I can.

I'll be the first to admit, the results weren't want I was looking for. But this was an objective experiment... I even went back for a more recent baseline, just to make sure things were in check. the funny thing is, had I not done that, the DC would have appeared to make that 5hp across the whole power band.

Regardless, everyone can take these results however they wish... but it was the third party, unbiased results that people wanted... now I am $600 poorer.
Old 09-07-2001, 07:15 AM
Sev

[B]

I would like to know what in particular of the DC, from only seeing a picture, made you say it won't give me the results "I seek".
Old 09-07-2001, 08:51 AM

[B]

2) I cannot say if DC doctored anything... DC was contacted after I got my result... they said that they did not use a dynojet, but a dynapack.
Old 09-07-2001, 09:10 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Tanqueray
[B]

Is anyone else seeing a pattern here?
Old 09-07-2001, 09:11 AM

With all the dynapack talk going on, I thought I'd mention this. This month's Sport Compact Car magazine has a good bit of info on the dynopack and how it compares/differs to a dynojet. Not to spoil the article, but their findings were that they were just about the exact same, give or take 2 HP in thier tests. They did the dynopack research as a precursor to dyno'ing the WRX's.

As I posted before, I'm starting to feel that it's hard to dyno anything that is only going to give 5 HP because I was able to get 6 HP out of letting my car cool down between dynos.

Wesmaster
Old 09-07-2001, 09:30 AM

Dynojets are common as heck. Are there dynapacks available in the US? I wonder if the relative rarity, meaning that is more difficult to verify their claims, is why some companies use the dynapacks.

Tanq

Quick Reply: The results are in... DC header dyno