S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Removal of "H" emblems front and rear.

Old 01-16-2007, 08:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In that case, I think you may be forced to go with the "H" emblems. I have seen Ricks badges on NFR before and they looked sharp IMO. Maybe some NFR owners with them can post some pics for you.
Old 01-16-2007, 02:31 PM

Just out of curiousity, how much did it cost for those of you who shaved your front and rear emblems? I took my car to a body shop to get this done, and the estimate came up at $915. Can you believe that???
Old 01-16-2007, 04:18 PM

i want to debadge it so bad, but i dont wanna go through the trouble of fillin in the holes
Old 01-16-2007, 05:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have not gotten an estimate of filling in the holes from shaving the badges, and doing all the repainting needed to give me a first class job. But from other "small job" body work I've had done at a friend's shop who specializes in enthusiast cars, I think about $400 to $500 for the whole job would pretty well catch it. That's with prevailing prices here in Oklahoma (with a bit of a discount from my friend) for a true first class job.

That being the case, I think I'll go another route, though I still don't know what that route will be.

Thanks,
Richard
Old 01-17-2007, 03:51 PM

Here's the end of this story, I think. I emailed Ricks, and asked for advice on which badges would be best on a NFR car. Rick's promptly responded that the red "S" with the black background would be best, and sent me some actual pics -- some of which were about acutal size so I could print them, cut them out, and tape them on the car to see how they would actually look. They look MUCH better than the image on Rick's web site! Ordered them. Ordered the "S" steering wheel emblem while I was at it.

sereousrex: Thanks for your offer of help, but rather than have you drive to Oklahoma City and drink up all my beer , I think I can handle it!

Thanks,
Richard
Old 01-17-2007, 04:30 PM

I am very glad to see it worked out. I would love to see pics of the badges installed when you get them.
Old 01-17-2007, 11:04 PM

what color ricks s badges do u think would look best on a gpw
Old 01-18-2007, 12:44 AM

to the op, my front bumper is shaved off by my bodyshop. my front bumper was ran into by a parallel parker and cracked my emblems and my paint right off ;[. my bodyshop did it for 150$. thats stripping the bumper, filling the holes with bondo and fiberglass (thats what the dude did anyways), sanding and prepping and painting it. heres a picture:

Name:  DSCN1793.jpg
Views: 878
Size:  66.2 KB

hope that helps. i personally thinks it makes the car look cleaner, meaner and wider=] lol Gl to your decision
Old 01-18-2007, 04:10 AM

Originally Posted by dolebludger,Jan 17 2007, 07:51 PM
Here's the end of this story, I think. I emailed Ricks, and asked for advice on which badges would be best on a NFR car. Rick's promptly responded that the red "S" with the black background would be best, and sent me some actual pics -- some of which were about acutal size so I could print them, cut them out, and tape them on the car to see how they would actually look. They look MUCH better than the image on Rick's web site! Ordered them. Ordered the "S" steering wheel emblem while I was at it.
Richard, would you mind posting those pics or emailing them to me? I've been wanting to get some Rick's badges for my NFR, but felt the same way you do about the available color combinations. I was just never smart enough to email him like you did Anyway, Rick totally needs to get more friggin pictures on his site
Old 01-18-2007, 08:41 AM

2slow and all:

Anybody who wants to see the pics Rick's sent me, please PM me with your email address, or email me at richhruth@aol.com. I'm an old dummy who can't figure out how to attach a pdf via the "email me" function on this board, and never had any luck posting directly to the board!

Got an email from Rick's this morning. They said they were going to re-do their web site to show the products better. They also said that the little "2000" lettering is no longer below the "S" due to legal problems with Honda. No problem with me, as I thought the "2000" letttering was too small to be "in scale" on something as big as a car.

As far as what badge would look best on GPW, white is the most neutral color there is, and any color looks fine with it. It's purely a matter of taste, and perhaps matching to any other aftermarket appearance accessories you may have.

Thanks,
Richard

Quick Reply: Removal of "H" emblems front and rear.