S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Removal of "H" emblems front and rear.

Old 01-14-2007, 07:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ruexp67,how much did you pay to have that done? I'm thinking about shaving mine off aswell since i just ordered the mugen splitter.
Old 01-14-2007, 07:40 PM

Originally Posted by dolebludger,Jan 14 2007, 06:16 PM
Well, it sounds like I'll have to replace those "H" emblems with something, due to the two holes involved in their attachment. It is just that I think those "Hs" look so "mickey mouse" and identify the S with the rest of the Honda line in which (IMO) it does not belong. Does Ricks (or anybody else) have any replacement emblems that are "S" instead of "H"?

Thanks,
Richard
i took the "S2000" off my fenders and re-used the S for my emblems front and rear. they cover the holes.

Old 01-14-2007, 07:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, let me respond to a few items above. First, Ricks does carry "S" emblems, but they appear to be painted ones -- not chrome "Ss" and chrome surrounds like I want. Second, I really like the look some of you have shown with NO front and rear emblems. Third, I DO have a Honda, but it is one unlike any other Honda ever built. What other Honda model offers front engine, rear wheel drive, and independent rear suspension? Answer -- none. IMO, it is so superior to other Honda models that the stock "H" badge looks "mickey mouse" on it -- but that's just my opinion. But I must note that the entrance floor plates say "S 2000 by Honda" Just a little separation here, don't you think? I'm not embarrased to drive a Honda. In fact, there has ben one in my garage since 1986. But my S is so unlike any other Honda I have owned hat I think it deserves a separate identity.

Unlike many other S 2000 owners who seek to mod their exteriors to make them look a bit "ricer" IMO, I want to take mine more in the vintage sports car direction, where I think it really belongs. Some of my minor exterior mods are already in that direction. I'm in the process of adding a vintage looking grill badge in the center of the grill, which makes the post-modern "Hs" look a bit out of place. And I don't think Rick's painted "Ss" would help that much.

Unles somebody has any ideas, I think I will remove the "H" emblems, and have the little holes filled and painted over by a good shop. But something that looks "vintage" I could attach to cover the holes would be good also. I do like the "S" emblem in the post above that was scavanged from the side "S 2000" emblems -- but I don't want o remove that. I wonder where I could just get the "Ss"?
Old 01-14-2007, 08:10 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by dolebludger,Jan 14 2007, 06:16 PM
Does Ricks (or anybody else) have any replacement emblems that are "S" instead of "H"?
ricks rear:

ricks front and wheels:

ricks steering wheel badge:

(click on the photo to open it in a new window and then click it again to open it larger)
Old 01-14-2007, 08:21 PM

if you are going to spend money to shave it, that will look the best IMO.

but if you want those S2000, i'm sure someone has em layin around for sale if you post in the WTB forum.. or just goto the dealership / hardtopguy.com to get the S2000 emblem and just use the "s" part.
Old 01-15-2007, 05:03 AM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by ENTHRALLED,Jan 14 2007, 10:38 PM
ruexp67,how much did you pay to have that done? I'm thinking about shaving mine off aswell since i just ordered the mugen splitter.
I had the front and rear done at different times, and with the car in the body shop for different reasons. I didn't get an itemized bill, so I can't say how much they charged to shave the trunk or the antenna or the key locks or the front emblem.

I do know that because I was getting other work done (especially when I got the front emblem off the OEM bumper shaved) it did not add much to the cost since the bumper was being painted and prepped anyway. They had to remove the badge anyway, and if they hadn't shaved the badge, they would have had to buy a new one to install. So I know it didn't add much to the cost of the front bumper painting.

Unfortunately when I had the rear done, I also had the full INGS kit installed, the spoiler installed, the antenna shaved, the keyholes all shaved, etc. so I have no idea what it cost me.

Also, one point I'd like to make. I am not ashamed of it being a Honda. I couldn't care less who makes it, I love the car. I just think she looks better without the badges. It goes with the look I was going for, and believe I achieved.
Old 01-15-2007, 06:25 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ustemuf,Jan 14 2007, 09:21 PM
just goto the dealership / hardtopguy.com to get the S2000 emblem and just use the "s" part.
Can i see a pic of your cars front bumper with the S?
Old 01-15-2007, 06:50 AM

I purchased the black chrome jdm kit for my S a couple of months ago. I used the front and rear "H" emblems, but still have thhe "S2000" side badges. If you like, PM me and we can work out a price. You can just use the S if you like.
Old 01-15-2007, 07:49 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by itsmylittlebrothersbike,Jan 15 2007, 07:50 AM
I purchased the black chrome jdm kit for my S a couple of months ago. I used the front and rear "H" emblems, but still have thhe "S2000" side badges. If you like, PM me and we can work out a price. You can just use the S if you like.
interesting... i bought the black chromes first- but changed out the front and back for ricks.

i really like the subtle look of black chromes against the black car, so i kept the black chromes on the sides
Old 01-15-2007, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by wanabe,Jan 15 2007, 11:49 AM
interesting... i bought the black chromes first- but changed out the front and back for ricks.

i really like the subtle look of black chromes against the black car, so i kept the black chromes on the sides
I removed my sides in preparation for the black chrome badges. I liked the clean look so much I never installed the new ones!

Quick Reply: Removal of "H" emblems front and rear.