S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Remote Start the S in gear...

Old 03-31-2011 | 10:47 AM

I had that happen to mine and it only jumped foward less than a foot then stalled
Old 03-31-2011 | 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by jonathanyip343
When the car is facing downhill. It should be parked in reversed gear, NOT FIRST GEAR. and the front wheels turned pointing the curb. Even if the handbrake fail, the curb will stop the car.
^ This. Emergency brakes are always weak. Engine, especially if cold (RPM>2000), will certainly overcome them...
Old 03-31-2011 | 12:04 PM

Haha, awesome. Thanks for the laugh in the middle of a dreary day.
Old 03-31-2011 | 12:17 PM
Former Moderator

Again, just in case this was missed:

Viper = not good for remote start

CompuStar = made for manual transmission, has a safety interlock that disables the remote start if the car is left in gear.
Old 03-31-2011 | 12:43 PM

Viper 5901/5902 has a manual transmission feature that will not allow you to activate remote start unless a certain shutdown procedure is followed.
(Car must be in neutral and will be running like a turbo timer for 30 sec - 1 min after you leave and car is locked.)
Old 03-31-2011 | 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by dr.darkness
I had that happen to mine and it only jumped foward less than a foot then stalled
i would think it would stall right away...
but dang man sorry to say its your fault and i have had bad luck with the s when i had first got it.

but now im bad luck free and im sure your luck will come around.
Old 03-31-2011 | 02:04 PM

i have not been able to move the car when the ebrake is on fully without a substantial drag and eventualy stall, movement minimal at most, if any. this is not something i do regularly but i have forgotten the ebrake and that's what happens. so the brakes in mycar are stronger than the engine from a start, period. remember power braking, remember trying to get an automatic car to burn rubber, the brakes are stronger than the engine without the moving mass of the car to work against...so from a stand still i think with an ebrake application the car will not move, especially at only idle. just my opinion, nothing more.
Old 03-31-2011 | 03:26 PM
15 Year Member

Originally Posted by hirev
i have not been able to move the car when the ebrake is on fully without a substantial drag and eventualy stall, movement minimal at most, if any. this is not something i do regularly but i have forgotten the ebrake and that's what happens. so the brakes in mycar are stronger than the engine from a start, period. remember power braking, remember trying to get an automatic car to burn rubber, the brakes are stronger than the engine without the moving mass of the car to work against...so from a stand still i think with an ebrake application the car will not move, especially at only idle. just my opinion, nothing more.
Properly adjusted e-brakes can over power the motor, if the e-brake is adjusted for a full size pad and you are down to bare metal there will is much less resistance on the rotors....
Old 03-31-2011 | 03:38 PM

this happened to me but luckily the father of my girlfriend turn the wheel facing the curb so it hit that and stalled
Old 03-31-2011 | 08:40 PM

first of all sorry to hear that man. i have remote start in my car too and the seller warned me about situations like this. i rarely park in gear out of habit unless i'm on a steep hill but looks like i'm going to start avoid using my remote start now and park in gear. hope you learn from your mistake and don't do it again.

Quick Reply: Remote Start the S in gear...