S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

recommended honda TSB service centers...

Old 01-30-2001, 04:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i've decided to finally bite the bullet, and have all the TSBs addressed at one time. i've done a search, and couldn't find anything suitable for the upper peninsula/san francisco area.

does anyone recommend a specific dealership (specifically around sf/ssf/daly city/pacifica) that is 'capable' of handling the required maintenance of our baby. i went to menlo honda and mike harvey honda today and scheduled appointments at both places to find the right mechanic. i feel like finding a primary care physician is easier than finding a skilled/trained honda mechanic!

any other pointers the seasoned veterans have concerning the TSBs?! oh, and by the way, there was a yellow S2K at mike harvey service--any one here?!

please help...i'm concerned....
Old 01-30-2001, 05:40 PM

My best Bay Area service experiences have been with Anderson Honda. The only issue in the case of TSB55 is getting them to do it. They will drive the car, and if it feels 'good' to them, the are unliklely to do the job unless it grinds on the test drive.

If they agree to do the work however, I would be very confident in their abilities. They have done excellent, ethical work on all of my Hondas. But for now they don't think my S2K requires work for TSB55 despite the occasional grinds I assure them I get.

Dan
Old 01-30-2001, 06:03 PM

I know you mentioned not wanting to go to the east bay, but I will report back when I get mine done next week at Doten Honda in Berkeley. Unlike many other S2k owners' experience, they did not balk at all when I asked about TSB 054 & 055. I told them the symptoms, they ordered the parts and called me when they came in. While they have not had to do too many TSB's on the S2k, I have always trusted the staff there to take care of my Hondas.
According to their Service Dept Mgr, Honda only comps them for 8.2 man-hours but that that time assumes the techs have been working on many of them, so in reality a qualified seniro tech that has been S2000 trained will still take a few hours longer. This means that they do not get fully compensated for the time so I guess I understand some dealerships reluctance to perform the work. Loaner cars are NOT compensated by American Honda, so the dealerships do that as their goodwill gesture.
I am leaving my S2k with them ALL next week so that they have plenty of time to do whatever it takes to eliminate the grind AND any other problems. I feel lucky that I've found a dealer service center that i absolutely trust!
Old 01-30-2001, 06:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

S2Kool,
Ask for Chuck (service manager) at Menlo Honda he is wonderful to work with. He really knows our cars and took excellent care of me when he was at Los Gatos Honda. So, if you go Menlo Honda ask for Chuck. He is by far the best service manager i have dealt with. He always went the extra mile to make sure everything was right with my car.
Old 01-30-2001, 07:58 PM

everybody, thanks for the prompt replies! i'm still going on thursday to mike harvey honda, and see what they're like. i'm supposed to go on a test drive with their experienced mechanic, to hopefully recreate all the TSBs. i also have an appointment with menlo honda next week, so i guess i'll make a decision as to which service department will win the bid.

wish me luck!
Old 01-29-2003, 04:12 PM

Any determinations yet?
I was actually thinking of servicing at Harvey Acura instead of Harvey Honda. Took my wife's 02CRV there and they said the gear grinding noise when shifting to reverse was normal, without checking it. (i did check the CRV boards and other people were having the same problem, but I think they should have checked it anyway).
Otherwise it might be the drive to Hopkins in Sunnyvale.