S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

recent purchase

Old 12-25-2006, 04:28 PM

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

I don't think I would have the S if it were my only car up here in New England. Some of the guys here do that, but I wouldn't want to.

That said, I drive my S year round, and after 4.5 years and 55K miles, the love affair is still strong.
Old 12-25-2006, 05:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The S is my only car. I have never really had a problem with space, you learn how to best utilize it with time. I can fill a shopping cart at Sam's Club and get it in the car as long as there is no passenger. You can fit two golf bags but they may be tight. The single passenger is sometimes a bummer, but sometimes its good. You have to take someone elses car then and you save gas money. I have almost had the car a year with NO problems. None, zero, nada. I expected to run into something but nothing yet, touch wood. I think your friends are just a little jealous
Old 12-25-2006, 07:05 PM

I have mine as my daily driver and I have absolutely no complaints. The only thing that sucks is after 6 months, you'll tell all your family that you still love it and they won't believe you and think you only say that because you "made a big mistake." Oh well, they'll never understand.
Old 12-25-2006, 08:23 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I average about 25k miles per year at my current rate. The car's my daily driver in los angeles.

I'm the only one out of all my friends, family, and significant other that likes my car. They actually all hate my car. I hear complaints about seats being too small, suspension being too rough, engine/exhaust being too loud, windnoise being too loud, sunvisors being useless, storage space being useless, tires being too expensive, etc, etc.

But none of that matters to me one bit. The car's exactly what I want and that's all that matters to me. If my car was totaled today, I'd buy a new one tomorrow without thinking twice.
Old 12-25-2006, 08:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The biggest thing I can recommend for you is driving schools/courses. I honestly don't think you're unsure of your purchase, I think you just need a thread to show your family how great of a car it can be. I've been using an S2000 as my daily driver for over 3 years and have no regrets. Being 18 years old, I think the performance/potential of this car can overwhelm a new driver (it has for me a couple times). I just think if you're new to a car of this caliber, you need to respect it and learn as much as possible about it.
Old 12-25-2006, 10:20 PM

Don't worry I went through the same thing. "Maybe I shoulda got a g35 or a 350z." But MAN.. try driving those cars and then driving the S. I'd take the S hands down. I've had mine for about 3 months now and every time I drive it I can't help but SMILE. Not to sound cocky but other cars just seem inferior... =D
Old 12-25-2006, 11:09 PM

yeah i'm starting to feel that way. of course everyone goes through "buyers remorse" i guess maybe all of what they were feeding me i was taking bits and eating it. but rest asured i love everything about this car.

its funny in life you seem to love people (in this case a car) for not its greatest strenghts but the things that make "it" it. from the noise driving the highway, driving behind a truck and seeing there drivetrain, hit a pothole and feeling like ur on a roller coaster, taking a turn and saying "thats my baby". while the strengths wether it be
-Convertable
-roadster
-Speed
-RWD
-etc.
might make u buy the car, but its the lil' things you dont realise are the things you end up loving about the car. and still going oh yeah i can take that car...that one....eh maybe that Veyron (lol)

if the car makes u happy then u picked the right one
and this car has made me feel like a million bucks.

thanks
Old 12-26-2006, 12:10 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this car is the only material object that i love more as time passes. everything else, you get used to. after driving a ferrari, i was glad to get back into the S. imo, it's THAT good.

if that's not you, then sell.
Old 12-26-2006, 05:02 AM

Had mine for 2 1/2 years. It is the only car that I did not grow bored with in under a year. It still puts a smile on my face every time I get in an fire it up. One run past 6k and the day's problems go away.
Old 12-26-2006, 09:11 AM

Received 522 Likes on 400 Posts

My S is my only car that I drive 30 miles to work. People said the same things to me and well this is what I have to say:
Space/backseats: car fits my girl and I like a glove so we're fortunate in that sense. They say I'll miss the backseats... nothing gives me more satisfaction when the question of who's driving comes up and I say hey, I only got two seats; I no longer play chaffeur.
Cargo: pffft, I used to have to haul all the big crap when I had my EP3, whcih left me worrying about spilling stuff on my alcantara seats and scuffing up my interior trim and bumper. Now I let others worry about that.
Gas: 4cyl light car, the performance gain is worth the diminished mpg.
Luxury: coming from people with dropped cars, they're expect me to believe that their cars are better for long distances? My S is more comfortable over crappy roads than my stock EP3 was.
Cost of ownership: got me there, but you gotta pay to play, try owning a BMW or Mercedes, it's all relative, not everything is going to be a dummy proof Corolla or Civic.

All in all, my only regret was not spending the extra money on an 02-03.

Quick Reply: recent purchase