S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Recall of all First Gen Mugen front sway bars! (31.8 only??)

Old 04-05-2002, 09:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Recall of all First Gen Mugen front sway bars! (31.8 only??)

4/2/02

"Dear Mugen Power Enthusiast,

Our records have shown you have purchased a Mugen S2000 front sway bar from our company. We are replacing these front sway bars under recall with an updated part from Mugen. We have found there is a slight possibility that the 1st generation Mugen sway bars can fail resulting in a broken fron sway bar. Please replace the existing Mugen front sway bar with the new Mugen front sway bar found in this box. Please box the original sway bar in the shipping container provided and call us at 262-593-2800. We will issue a UPS call tag to have the original part picked up and sent back to our company at no cost to you.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you. We encourage you to either call (262-593-2800) or email us at tech-staff@kingmotorsports.com if you have any questions about this recall or any other question you may have about your S2000.

Best Regards,

Scott Zellner, President
King Motorsports Unltd., Inc"

You know, for the longest time now I have been wondering where all those flying sparks were coming from every time I drove my car. It's good to know that I wasn't just imagining the smoke and screaming pyrotechnics of dragging metal.

Seriously, though I have been thrilled with my bar, but I am curious what would happen if the bar broke when at high speed.
Old 04-05-2002, 09:57 AM

Wow, thanks for the info.

I have this bar on order and I have been waiting for a long time.
Now I suspect Mugen will be filling a lot of recall orders and my order may get pushed back even more.

I just e-mailled Scott to get an update on my order.
Old 04-05-2002, 10:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello All-

The recall is not a recall of all the Mugen front sway bars only a select production run. Those involved in this recall have already been shipped a replacement and will receive them soon.

Delivery dates for folks on the backorder list for this part have not been effected.

Please contact us if you have further questions.

Cheers!

Scott
Old 04-05-2002, 10:28 AM

Geez Scott, you are fast.
I was just coming back to post what you said in your e-mail to me "The recalled bars have already been shipped. [New orders] will be the updated version. [Orders] looks to be on target as before..."