S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

REAR WINDOW IS CRYSTAL CLEAR NOW! HOLY @#$% HALLELUJAH

Old 03-31-2001, 07:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Plexus:

http://store.yahoo.com/classic-motoring/plexus.html

-- Aaron
Old 03-31-2001, 07:21 AM

I honestly feel as if PLEXUS did nothing to my plastic window! There was a cloudiness to my window which didnt go away at all when PLEXUS was applied! Once I used the wax, it was all gone! I literally threw away my PLEXUS! Thats how disappointed I was with it!
Anyways that is just my findings from experimenting with both products!
rev2red
Old 03-31-2001, 07:58 AM

Use Polish/Wax to GET the window clear.
Use Plexus to KEEP window clear.

Having the stook out in the rain recently, I discovered how spotted the window gets from rain drying there. The plexus took the spots off in 2 minutes. If I had to use the Meguires plastic polish and cleaner again (#10 and #17), it would have taken over half an hour. That's what the Plexus is good for. Its the equivalent of a touch up polish or field spray to paint wax.
Old 03-31-2001, 09:01 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

People don't like CAPS because it is actually more difficult to read for most people. Its a scientific fact that that mixed-case is easier for the brain to distinguish shapes of the letters. Even in all lower case, some letters extend higher and lower than others- creating shapes which are different and distinguishable to the eye. UPPER CASE ON THE OTHER HAND IS ALL THE SAME HEIGHT.

I saw an explanation like this- if you were to outline a line of text with a box a few pixels out from each letter, UPPER CASE would have a straight line, whereas lower case would have peaks and valleys (for example, the "ll" in valley is taller than the va..ey)

Anyway, thanks for the wax info. I have never waxed the window- I use Blue Magic Plastic cleaner, but it has a lot of fumes and is nearly impossible to use inside the car. If you leave it on too long it won't come completely either. I had trouble removing some from the inside of the window. Fortunately, someone told me that the window zips down...this might be an easy way to clean the inside???

Byron
Old 03-31-2001, 07:06 PM

You can find Plexus at any motorcyle dealership. It's great on mirrors and glass too.
Old 04-01-2001, 03:05 AM

originally posted by bguernsey:
Fortunately, someone told me that the window zips down...this might be an easy way to clean the inside???
The window is bonded with a zipper-like seam, but it does not zip out ala the old Miata plastic window. Plexus is also available at http://www.autofanatics.com
Old 04-01-2001, 07:27 AM

I haven't tried it, but I heard that the window zipped down (not out), which would allow me to fold it out onto the trunk to polish the inside?

-B
Old 04-01-2001, 02:32 PM

Originally posted by REV2RED
I honestly feel as if PLEXUS did nothing to my plastic window! There was a cloudiness to my window which didnt go away at all when PLEXUS was applied! Once I used the wax, it was all gone! I literally threw away my PLEXUS! Thats how disappointed I was with it!
Anyways that is just my findings from experimenting with both products!
rev2red
Another thing I should have added. Even if you feel you don't need the Plexus for your window anymore, go grab it out of the trash! It works great on the head and tail lights, and the dash display.
Old 04-01-2001, 03:13 PM

Unfortunately, the window doesn't zip at all.
Old 04-01-2001, 08:13 PM

Originally posted by lvs2k
Unfortunately, the window doesn't zip at all.
I *KNOW* there is a zipper in it, but I haven't tried to unzip it or search for the zipper tab, but someone else posted earlier that the have zipped it down (it doesn't come out completly)

-B

Quick Reply: REAR WINDOW IS CRYSTAL CLEAR NOW! HOLY @#$% HALLELUJAH