S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

rear end noise?

Old 12-26-2000, 05:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by elviscos:
[B]Dealer did not seem to know about any tsb for an updated disc. Anyway, hours later I get a call from the rep who says that they heard the noise, drained the fluid from the rear end, differential fluid I guess, and found a lot of metal pieces in the fluid.
Old 12-26-2000, 05:05 PM

My dealer is neil honda in hempstead on Franklin Ave. I find their service departmet to be tops so far, we'll see how hey measure up on this one, I suggest you stop in there or call and speak to greg, the service guys always bend over backwards for me. Feel free to mention my name they know me for years.
Seems like this is far from an isolated problem. I really hope they can work out these bugs. Good luck.

Evan Polansky
Old 12-28-2000, 03:43 PM

Is the noise all of you are hearing like a humming noise between 4k - 5k? Almost sounds like metal vibrating.

There seems to be a lot of problems with this car!

I just got a recall for a seat belt problem, and I've also got a window problem. The window doesn't go down all the way when I lower the top.

Thanks
Old 12-28-2000, 05:43 PM

It is a metal noise knda like a loose washer would sound vibrating around another piece of metal. Anyway they are going to to tsb00-055 and are thinking about the updated clutch parts. They intend to further diagnose the rear end when installing the gear sets.
Old 12-28-2000, 06:22 PM

Has anyone with a 2001 S2K had this problem?
Old 12-28-2000, 11:12 PM
RT

Received 41 Likes on 30 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by dcg03:
[B]Is the noise all of you are hearing like a humming noise between 4k - 5k?
Old 12-29-2000, 07:45 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by elviscos:
[B]It is a metal noise knda like a loose washer would sound vibrating around another piece of metal.
Old 12-29-2000, 04:08 PM

That's useful information but based on other posts I read I think the tech may be mistaken. AS far a the clutch dumps at high rpm, I generally baby the car but I bought the car from Baron Honda in Patchogue off the floor and I am sure it was abused a bit by reving into vtech at a young age. When I first saw the car it had been on the showroom floor for about two weeeks with abot 15 or so miles, it became apparent that the salesman and at least one othe employee that I know of had driven it at hight rpm, they would not shut up about it. In fact, when I test drove he car and inquired about break in I was told quite clearly as though it was fact the car comes already broken in from the factory and that there was no break in period. Well, obviously at that point I had not yet read the owners manual and I did not find this valuable site until after the purchase.. On my test drive I did enter vtech, to 9,000 antd a few times afer that but fairly soon after delivery I read the manual and suffice it to say was quite pissed off at the dealers misinformation. Dealers/sales force are really idiots and I willl never trust another thing said by a car salesman.
I will keep the board updated on the repairs.
Good Luck.
Evan
Old 12-29-2000, 04:16 PM

That's useful information but based on other posts I read I think the tech may be mistaken. AS far a the clutch dumps at high rpm, I generally baby the car but I bought the car from Baron Honda in Patchogue off the floor and I am sure it was abused a bit by reving into vtech at a young age. When I first saw the car it had been on the showroom floor for about two weeeks with abot 15 or so miles, it became apparent that the salesman and at least one othe employee that I know of had driven it at hight rpm, they would not shut up about it. In fact, when I test drove he car and inquired about break in I was told quite clearly as though it was fact the car comes already broken in from the factory and that there was no break in period. Well, obviously at that point I had not yet read the owners manual and I did not find this valuable site until after the purchase.. On my test drive I did enter vtech, to 9,000 antd a few times afer that but fairly soon after delivery I read the manual and suffice it to say was quite pissed off at the dealers misinformation. Dealers/sales force are really idiots and I willl never trust another thing said by a car salesman.
I will keep the board updated on the repairs.
Good Luck.
Evan