S2000 Talk Discussions related to the S2000, its ownership and enthusiasm for it.

Random Question: What beach chairs fit in the trunk!?

Old 05-23-2012, 11:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Random Question: What beach chairs fit in the trunk!?

Hey guys.

This past weekend I went to target and bought beach chairs for my fiancé and I.
I walked right back inside once they didn't fit in the trunk of my s2000!

I know this is an odd request but does anyone have any suggestions? Would love to fit 2 chairs and possibly an umbrella in the trunk if I could.

Nick
Old 05-23-2012, 11:25 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would recommend taking them back if they don't already fit and buying camping chairs. I use them on the beach all the time, you know the kinds that fold up vertically? They sell them at sports stores...they always fit in my trunk. If you can't make those fit check out Five Below, if you have those stores by you they have smaller fold-up chairs. They're not as comfortable as a regular beach chair, you can't recline and stuff but I'm sure you know how small your trunk is

Good luck
Old 05-23-2012, 11:27 AM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick.
Hey guys.

This past weekend I went to target and bought beach chairs for my fiancé and I.
I walked right back inside once they didn't fit in the trunk of my s2000!

I know this is an odd request but does anyone have any suggestions? Would love to fit 2 chairs and possibly an umbrella in the trunk if I could.

Nick
http://www.kermitchair.com/home

The Kermit Chair is a light weight chair with the comfort and beauty not found in other portable chairs. It packs in a bag to a length of 22" and 4"x6" in diameter. The Chair is made from hardwoods and aluminum, and all hardware is stainless steel. All wood is double dipped in marine grade polyurethane. The finish is thicker than a spray and protects the Chair for a lifetime. The cloth is 1000 denier nylon and is cut with heat to prevent raveling. The Chair comes with a bag and carrying strap.

The Kermit Chair has been the camp chair of choice for BMW motorcycle campers.
Old 05-23-2012, 11:46 AM

Received 29 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by common reactor
buying camping chairs
I've had some luck w/this but still find them bulky. The ones I already had which fit in the Miata did NOT fit the S2000.

Last three times we went to the beach for a week, it was always end-of-season so we bought 1/2-price beach chairs at the beach... and left them behind. Cheaper than a rental and gave more room in the trunk for luggage. NOT recommended practice for frequent one-day visits to the beach.
Old 05-23-2012, 02:32 PM

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts

Trava-chair $40

Old 05-23-2012, 03:19 PM

Received 215 Likes on 148 Posts

I've put these in the trunk:

Old 05-24-2012, 04:06 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I also have a pair of camp chairs that easily fit in the trunk. Measure the trunk and take the tape measure with you when you go shopping. There are tons of options that will work and it's unrealistic to expect us to list every possible option out there.
Old 05-24-2012, 08:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I fit two camping chairs (similar to shown above) and an umbrella in the trunk no problem. Leaves room for a couple small weekend bags and a cooler as well, if you're handy with packing.

Beach chairs do not fit with the guitar, unfortunately.
Old 05-26-2012, 01:08 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts

Always the camping chair fits in the trunk. I always bring the chairs when I go to the track. If you need to fit a umbrella I'd put it inside the car near the center console
Old 06-06-2012, 09:09 AM

Received 281 Likes on 176 Posts

I'm sorry about camping chairs don't cut it at the beach (compared to beach chairs). You can't really lounge/lay in them. Nowhere near as comfy.

You want a real beach chair your options are taking another car or putting it in the passenger side footwell

Quick Reply: Random Question: What beach chairs fit in the trunk!?